News Latest: Jack Ginnivan admits to using illicit substances

Remove this Banner Ad

Not saying I wouldn’t necessarily believe it, but what on earth makes you say that Stephenson is a white supremacist?
Deleted tweets, Fraser Anning fan, commentary from North employees.

Stands out as North as a club have a lot of good people there.

Golly! Not illegal of course but two words stand out from the above - "Fraser Anning".

Have no idea when Stephenson's contract expires, but his form would suggest it is unlikely to be renewed.

What were the tweets and comments from North employees? Not trying to disagree, just intrigued. Not something I’ve heard before…

Correct, I hadn't. Rumour on Collingwood board was that he was an expendable no-name bought in to the team for one purpose: to teach Ginnivan a lesson.
There was talk about that on the Tigers board too, but I don't believe it. it's not the 90s anymore.

He's actually viewed as a pretty decent long term prospect for us. Goes hard at it, and hopefully this Ginnivan incident has taught him a a lesson.

Not acceptable.

Saw Jack Ginnivan celebrate Fremantle goal. Hope he has a PR team

He is going to be a legend just admit you are a kid who loves the footy. People will fall in love with him. AFL is filled with professionals that treat like 9-5 so Ginnivan can stand out and show that he is a kid that loves footy.

A media career post AFL is on his way if he plays his cards right. I think he will set Collingwood culture right wearing heart on sleeve, vulnerability and emotion that is what nearly all clubs lack. Coaches can breed it but It's rare for players to breed it.

The difference between Ginnivan and Greene and Balleyntine is that he is not fake and isn't trying to rile people up. He is just happy to be playing.

Why did Pendlebury accept the narrative Ginnivan is trying to get under peoples skin? INSANE? Just deny it and talk about him being happy to be there and he's honest. If you ask Ginnivan if he's purposely being a dick he would be appalled and shocked they even asked a dumb question.

Last edited:
Saw Jack Ginnivan celebrate Fremantle goal. Hope he has a PR team

He is going to be a legend just admit you are a kid who loves the footy. People will fall in love with him. AFL is filled with professionals that treat like 9-5 so Ginnivan can stand out and show that he is a kid that loves footy.

A media career post AFL is on his way if he plays his cards right. I think he will set Collingwood culture right wearing heart on sleeve, vulnerability and emotion that is what nearly all clubs lack. Coaches can breed it but It's rare for players to breed it.

The difference between Ginnivan and Greene and Balleyntine is that he is not fake and isn't trying to rile people up. He is just happy to be playing.

Why did Pendlebury accept the narrative Ginnivan is trying to get under peoples skin? INSANE? Just deny it and talk about him being happy to be there and he's honest. If you ask Ginnivan if he's purposely being a dick he would be appalled and shocked they even asked a dumb question.

it's cool to do all that but i wouldn't mind seeing a bit of humility.

eg, filming yourself after a win labeling the other team as 'light work baby' is ******* cringe as.

celebrating goals and stirring the opposition is fine.

it's cool to do all that but i wouldn't mind seeing a bit of humility.

eg, filming yourself after a win labeling the other team as 'light work baby' is ******* cringe as.

celebrating goals and stirring the opposition is fine.
If anything he may have erred on that comment with the webcam. But a young kid experiencing a win so hardly a hanging offence.
But apart form that, Cornes made him out to be a villain. Opposition supporters have jumped on it, as have opposition players. There are now 2 AFL players who have been suspended for attacking him. But the kid doesn't complain and goes about doing his job kicking goals.

I think people don't give him enough credit for how he has actually been playing.

This is the era of faux hysteria and grifting as a way of life. Anything that is out of the usual. All to sell editions, get views, likes, subscriptions.

Avoid the grifting hytsterical media, just watch the footy and make up your own mind.

What they try to do to Ginnivan and Higgins is unethical bordering on immoral. Play not part in it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If anything he may have erred on that comment with the webcam. But a young kid experiencing a win so hardly a hanging offence.
But apart form that, Cornes made him out to be a villain. Opposition supporters have jumped on it, as have opposition players. There are now 2 AFL players who have been suspended for attacking him. But the kid doesn't complain and goes about doing his job kicking goals.

I think people don't give him enough credit for how he has actually been playing.

On track to outperform Stephenson in his Rising Star year, a whole goal per game ahead at this stage. And considering Ginnivan isn't afraid of contact, he's ahead on the eye test too.

When you bait the opposition running into goal, constantly duck like Selwood to get free kicks, openly admit you love being a pest, get your hair dyed etc…. then what does everyone think is going to happen? He very deliberately brings the attention - good and bad - upon himself so don’t feel sorry for him… I’m sure he doesn’t feel sorry for himself.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

When you bait the opposition running into goal, constantly duck like Selwood to get free kicks, openly admit you love being a pest, get your hair dyed etc…. then what does everyone think is going to happen? He very deliberately brings the attention - good and bad - upon himself so don’t feel sorry for him… I’m sure he doesn’t feel sorry for himself.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
And….?

What distinguishes the Gin from the avg player.. the bloke knows how to play the game of chess out there mate.. it's the combination of personality.. experience.. and freedom etc. Basically using everything he's got. That is why he beats his opponents on the pitch.

If he gets on the nerves of some of his opponents and they give away free kicks against him.. it's not his problem.. they just don't know how to play the game of chess.

The media should be praising him.

I just hope he can deal with all the scrutiny that will continue to come his way behaving the way he does. I would imagine it will become not so fun after a while unless he has the personality to either laugh it off or use it as motivation.

I am still curious to know why Mansell acted in such a way, but Ginnivan is a fun player to watch and I hope he continues to troll the s**t out of the social norms of footballers behaviours and still remain grounded and develop well as a person and footballer.

Not the first, wont be the last to do it.. You throw money @ kids and this is what they do, out of lack of maturity & experience. No need to crucify the kid, just impose the sanctions and move on

Remove this Banner Ad

Back