Injury The Medical Room: 2020 Injury Updates

Remove this Banner Ad

In the last photo I recall seeing of DeGoey, although the view was somewhat hampered, I couldn't see anything on his hand. The cast definitely came off a week or two ago and was replaced by a smaller bandage type set-up. But now I think it may just be back to bare hand.

I suppose it's just now a matter of the rehab with regards to muscle/tendon strength?

Won't be able to mark a ball or tackle or anything but I assume he can do some solid running and could also do basic things like set shots?

“Unfortunately, it is not a short term injury,” Collingwood GM of Football, Geoff Walsh, said.

“There is hope for a return this season but right now we can’t be certain of that. It’s disappointing for Brayden, who had just made his way back into the side and found some form.”

I reckon he’ll just be concussed.

Not good though. We ought to give him all the time he needs, this season is in the toilet due to our never ending run of injuries.

Last edited:
Rather bottom out than finish 6th to 10th

Reid cooked as well?
Will be out a few with a hamstring. If he can’t play against the tankers there’s no point playing him at all.

Gee glad we gave him another year

This was always gonna happen

We got 1.5 more games out of him
It’s never good when your conundrum is that you don’t want to delist too many players in one offseason, and yet there we were...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sad his body couldn't stand up. We forget how good a player Reid was.

Great servant for the club anyway - gave his all. I don't begrudge a couple of extra years on the list as backup depth. When we have project players like Cox, Keane, Tohill, Wilson and Madgen on the list, happy to take the injury risk with Reid when clearly he can play when fit.

Good news that Checkers will likely play against North.

Just need to choose between Cameron and Cox for the other spot now

Good news that Checkers will likely play against North.

Just need to choose between Cameron and Cox for the other spot now

I’m pretty on the fence about Cameron v Cox. Cameron is a much better mark of the footy, a longer kick and seems to be generally more handy around the ground. However Cox seems
to demand more attention than Cameron based on some good past performances and him simply
being 7ft tall. Quite the dilemma...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back