Injury The Medical Room: 2020 Injury Updates

Oct 6, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
collingwood
Pendlebury: I'll probably miss a couple of games.

AFL.com.au: "Pendlebury could miss up to 4 games"

🤪🤪🤪

Well with 4 games inside 13 days, a 2 week injury comfortably adds up to 4 games.

Bad result for us. I would say we now have 3 of our best 5 players out for an extended period.

We have easy games ahead but a really tight fixture. If we can come out of this period with at least 3 wins, we'll be very well placed.

pablo disco bar

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 16, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Well with 4 games inside 13 days, a 2 week injury comfortably adds up to 4 games.

Bad result for us. I would say we now have 3 of our best 5 players out for an extended period.

We have easy games ahead but a really tight fixture. If we can come out of this period with at least 3 wins, we'll be very well placed.
No game is easy .

Jul 27, 2020
TBC
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Panathinaikos
Any news on Langdon? Surely he gets a game towards the end of the season. on July 8th, he was a 'week or two' away from full training. Man this club does my head in sometimes when it comes to transparency with injuries.

peter9789

Club Legend
Aug 25, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Any news on Langdon? Surely he gets a game towards the end of the season. on July 8th, he was a 'week or two' away from full training. Man this club does my head in sometimes when it comes to transparency with injuries.

Tom's injury is chronic - bone on bone. I spoke to him down the coast beginning of this year - lovely bloke. But he was not optimistic about his ability to see out a season.

May 27, 2008
Wherever I May Roam
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Socceroos, Melbourne Victory
Tom's injury is chronic - bone on bone. I spoke to him down the coast beginning of this year - lovely bloke. But he was not optimistic about his ability to see out a season.

Did he say whether the idea was to get him up for finals? A bit like the Lions used to do with Clark Keating.

saha

Cancelled
Jul 5, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Pendlebury: I'll probably miss a couple of games.

AFL.com.au: "Pendlebury could miss up to 4 games"

🤪🤪🤪

I know Pendles will be putting a positive spin on it, but I don't think that it's at all ridiculous to think four games. Even a minor quad strain is usually 3 weeks so and given we have four matches in that time I think it's reasonable to think he will miss at least three of them - Fremantle, Sydney and Adelaide. I certainly wouldn't be rushing him back as a recurrence would almost certainly see him out for the remainder of the home and away season

pablo disco bar

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 16, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Tommy Langdon I think will retire

Beams needs to * off

Reid Greenwood varcoe retire

Broomhead atu delist

Thomas Phillip's sier and Cox trade

Jul 27, 2020
TBC
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Panathinaikos
Tommy Langdon I think will retire

Beams needs to fu** off

Reid Greenwood varcoe retire

Broomhead atu delist

Thomas Phillip's sier and Cox trade

Agree with all that bar Sier. I like Sier and he adds a different dimension to our midfield, which we sorely need. He just needs a full 2-3 seasons under his belt. Too much stop start is really frustrating to watch.

Langdon to play the scratch match this weekend
Cal Brown prob could miss this week with the rolled ankle.

Aug 27, 2017
Canberra, ACT
AFL Club
Collingwood
Langdon to play the scratch match this weekend
Cal Brown prob could miss this week with the rolled ankle.
Sounds very positive news about Langdon's recovery, and even better, he looks almost cherry ripe in the vision of him training. It's not all doom and gloom ladies and gentlemen!

Sounds very positive news about Langdon's recovery, and even better, he looks almost cherry ripe in the vision of him training. It's not all doom and gloom ladies and gentlemen!
A very welcome relief, especially since not so long ago many people thought he was done.

Aug 27, 2017
Canberra, ACT
AFL Club
Collingwood
A very welcome relief, especially since not so long ago many people thought he was done.
Indeed. Even earlier on this page supporters were saying Tom was done and will retire. We are condutioned to expect the worst, given our abysmal injury run over the last several years. And if there is an absence of news from the club it's himan nature to fill in the gaps ourselves with bad expectations.
We all need to be more positive and hopeful, me included.

Barham to Kink

Debutant
Sep 23, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Good news feathered friends. Tom was our second best player on GF day 2018. He can’t and won’t replace Howe but I can’t think of any better player to plug the gap. Earlier this year Jack Riewoldt was raving about Langers on that show with the guy who aims lower than the lowest common denominator aka the magnificent Robbo. Poor Mark missed his calling - to work in a circus.

Back