Certified Legendary Thread The Medical Sub blunder - What the hell?

Remove this Banner Ad

Forget the unprofessionalism of the club. Lynch himself showed extreme unprofessionalism.

We're talking a 150 game experienced leadership group player. He didn't even have his boots on ready to go. Or a jumper. Or anything. He absolutely 100% should have known better. He should have been prepared to do the team thing and play immediately from the opening bounce.

How could a team leader be such a stunned mullett when his call up came?

having gotten it all so very wrong, how come no one said: “hands up, got it wrong he’s not ready to come on”

he should have said no. They should have said, nah, too late now

there’s the mistake and then there’s the pretending “no mistake here, nothing to see here, no sirreee - look behind you!”

having gotten it all so very wrong, how come no one said: “hands up, got it wrong he’s not ready to come on”

there’s the mistake and then there’s the pretending “no mistake here, nothing to see here, no sirreee - look behind you!”
Yeah I don't get it. If the plan was to not play him, then don't play him. Don't activate the sub

The Adelaide Football Club at West Lakes in full swing.

giphy.gif
Mondays board meeting?

Imagine if Lynch got concussed and or developed a long term career ending injury due to a lack of preparation in getting ready for an AFL match.

There would be a legal law suit taking place.

Imagine if Lynch got concussed and or developed a long term career ending injury due to a lack of preparation in getting ready for an AFL match.

There would be a legal law suit taking place.

he might have some issues arguing away his contributions and culpability.

He didn’t prepare himself in a way it was reasonable to expect him too

but there might still be questions asked

Is this a big enough * up to warrant a Doedee contract extension announcement tomorrow?

The blame sits with Nick's in my view for picking him. In Lynch's defence clearly he didn't think he was going to play.

Poor explanation from Kelly, he should be better than that. A whole lot of waffle.
Nick's is ultimately responsible. Our comprehension of what a sub does is severely lacking. If I was the football director I would be kicking Nick's ass well and truly. He made us look like bloody incompetent fools.

Crows being torn apart on Fox Footy for their amateurish performance regarding the medical sub.

They all say the buck stops with Nicks. I agree 100%.
I like to defend for the club when applicable but in this instance, the club deserves some media backlash. I don’t want to see this kind of s**t happening again!

Though, I personally think the responsibility is more on the medicos/fitness staff for firstly passing him to play, and secondly, passing him to be a suitable Med Sub. Usually, the Subs require to do a lot of gut running for the remainder of the match, and that did not seem likely at all with Lynch today (doing any gut running).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here is Lynch enjoying his Tasmanian Holiday during the pandemic.

f3a483f8116293b0b267696afcf31063

This will gather momentum on Monday. Its just an awful unprofessional look.

I liked how he was still putting on his shorts whilst standing on the wing waiting for the centre bounce half way through the last quarter.

Not trying to be a smarmy opposition supporter, but came here genuinely to see if there was some reason that I missed to have a sub who was injured. The medical sub is meant to replace an injured player, not be one!

I’m sorry guys, it was such a close game that honestly a fresh pair of legs in the last quarter really could have been the difference. You’ve got a good’un with Thilthorpe at least.

Forget the unprofessionalism of the club. Lynch himself showed extreme unprofessionalism.

We're talking a 150 game experienced leadership group player. He didn't even have his boots on ready to go. Or a jumper. Or anything. He absolutely 100% should have known better. He should have been prepared to do the team thing and play immediately from the opening bounce.

I wonder if there is any chance Lynch was having a sook?

Would be the height of unprofessionalism if it was the case. And probably the last game for the club if so.

i just can't understand it.

Not trying to be a smarmy opposition supporter, but came here genuinely to see if there was some reason that I missed to have a sub who was injured. The medical sub is meant to replace an injured player, not be one!

I’m sorry guys, it was such a close game that honestly a fresh pair of legs in the last quarter really could have been the difference. You’ve got a good’un with Thilthorpe at least.
Because he isn't injured per-se, he has been carrying a toe issue which can't get worst and still allow him to play for the last few weeks as our best 18 but has been in poor form but still in our best 23 so was made the sub.

Nick's is ultimately responsible. Our comprehension of what a sub does is severely lacking. If I was the football director I would be kicking Nick's ass well and truly. He made us look like bloody incompetent fools.
The sub is usually your squad's current best available 23rd players isn't it???

The sub is usually your squad's current best available 23rd players isn't it???
Not at our club. It's the place you hide an injured player because that injured experience is far more valuable impacting the game on the bench than having a fit and ready player onfield. Their arrogance and lack of trust in our list is there for everyone to see.

How would you feel as a player if an injured Lynch who could hardly walk and needed needles to play was picked over you? Great way to build culture. Let's give him the best clubman award again as that's the example we want from an injured senior player of taking a game from another player.

Last edited:
Not at our club. It's the place you hide an injured player because that injured experience is far more valuable impacting the game on the bench than having a fit and ready player onfield. Their arrogance and lack of trust in our list is there for everyone to see. They are receiving what they deserved in the media.
Clearly Lynch was in our best 18 when he was playing the last few weeks even carrying a toe issue so due to poor form he became our best 23rd players, I think they just underestimated the time it took for Lynch to prepare as the sub and the media is all over this.

Clearly Lynch was in our best 18 when he was playing the last few weeks even carrying a toe issue so due to poor form he became our best 23rd players, I think they just underestimated the time it took for Lynch to prepare as the sub and the media is all over this.
Nah your letting the club off the hook. You don't play injured players. Do we play to win or not?

This is 100% my view, he obviously put his hand up to play, he didn't show leadership by saying I'm injured and can't play, as dumb as his selection was to not be ready was god damn embarassing and pathetic

Remove this Banner Ad

Back