Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 24, 2008
MuMuLand
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Celtic, West Perth, Glory, S'Roos
Look out.

Carrie has led the race in the style stake by wearing a RED dress.
How do you do it Carrie? Wearing a RED dress and hair clip? Hold all presses.

View attachment 774886

Can't wait for the Project crew to continually masturbate on her shocking glam gown. You rock the s**t Carrie. Out of this world!

Hey she suffered an awful tragedy and she's a strong and independent woman. LEAVE HER ALONE!!!

Jul 12, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
Carlton
But to Trump all Trumps.....

Little Miss Nadia rocked her own style in Canary Yellow.
View attachment 774897

She stated that "I don't know where my arse cheeks went and I look like a 7 year old girl, but I thought I'd rock WB's Tweety Bird in the 60's".
Where did she finish? She's been caught wearing a few of those s**t looking pants since the Jimmy scratching.

Oct 8, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
Melbourne cup is never the biggest attended race meet over the spring carnival so would be interesting to see how the other days compare - mostly derby day.

But there is no doubt it is less popular. About 20 years ago it wasn't massive either. Then for some reason it got really popular over about a 10-15 yr period. So popular that had to increase the size of flemington to fit more people in (or open up areas)

I don't think the drop has been as a result of 'cruelty to animals', I just think the fad has worn off a bit
Don’t think it was really a fad. Horse racing clearly had more popularity a while ago. Probably because it was so ingrained in our culture for generations. My grandparents for example were right into it, loved having a little bet each Saturday. My parents age group and below things have got a lot more murky. I’d say with the rise of cable TV and internet streaming there’s more to watch, so sports like basketball, gridiron etc can fill the post footy void until the cricket begins. Then with all the immigration you’ve got a lot of people with completely different upbringings who weren’t brought up with horse racing being big.

The transformation into the Cup as staying race for horses from allover the world has probably had an effect too. In the past you could back a Bart Cummings horse or a Hayes horse to win the cup and you’d definitely heard of it. These days we’ve got all these imports making up the majority of the field and none are well known.

mouncey2franklin

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 16, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
When cancel culture attacks an iconic Aussie tradition...

Don't expect young Australians to stand up and defend it.

A more self-loathing bunch of nuffies you will struggle to find outside of Germany.

They've been psychologically zapped by years of grievance studies passed off as 'SOSE' and 'History' and even 'English'.

Vale Spring Carnival, you had a good run.

I wonder what our grandkids will be told about why they get the day off school on the first Tuesday in November.

'It's to commemorate the poor horsies who the British settlers used beat to death with whips for fun and place bets on which horse would survive the longest'

By then people will be eating bug burgers, I'm not even joking.

Feb 24, 2013
The GoldenBrown Heart of Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man Utd Green Bay Melb Storm
When cancel culture attacks an iconic Aussie tradition...Don't expect young Australians to stand up and defend it. A more self-loathing bunch of nuffies you will struggle to find outside of Germany.They've been psychologically zapped by years of grievance studies passed off as 'SOSE' and 'History' and even 'English'.
Vale Spring Carnival, you had a good run. I wonder what our grandkids will be told about why they get the day off school on the first Tuesday in November.
'It's to commemorate the poor horsies who the British settlers used beat to death with whips for fun and place bets on which horse would survive the longest'
By then people will be eating bug burgers, I'm not even joking.

Are you sure?....Cause your post sure comes across that way .

mouncey2franklin

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 16, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Are you sure?....Cause your post sure comes across that way .
Bug burgers are already becoming a thing.

Maybe this is a way for the Melbourne Cup to regain its street cred with the cancel culture hive mind kiddies:

Promote itself as the first Group 1 race in the world to serve only bug burgers*

*except in the marquee tents where the rich ****s get to eat and drink and snort whatever they want, of course. Bugs4theplebs.

Feb 24, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Bug burgers are already becoming a thing.

Maybe this is a way for the Melbourne Cup to regain its street cred with the cancel culture hive mind kiddies:

Promote itself as the first Group 1 race in the world to serve only bug burgers*

*except in the marquee tents where the rich ****s get to eat and drink and snort whatever they want, of course. Bugs4theplebs.

I'm fairly certain that bugs have been on the S/E Asian cuisine for centuries.

Feb 24, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
And since Australia is pretty much in Asia, this is a match made in heaven.#bugburgers4melbournecup

Not really commensurate, though it's interesting watching you tie yourself up in abstract knots, in some vein attempt to make a nonsensical point.

The Cup has been sold-out to the international set & the Multi-Nats…..It's become yet another soulless corporate sell-out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IKnowtheDog

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 25, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks
But to Trump all Trumps.....

Little Miss Nadia rocked her own style in Canary Yellow.
View attachment 774897

She stated that "I don't know where my arse cheeks went and I look like a 7 year old girl, but I thought I'd rock WB's Tweety Bird in the 60's".
Canary yellow!! That’s Australian gold my friend and don’t you *en forget it!!

I wonder what our grandkids will be told about why they get the day off school on the first Tuesday in November.

I know you're attempting to mock, but that actually is a pretty accurate description of what the Melbourne Cup is.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back