Roast The Melbourne Board NAPALM thread (hosted by Topkent)

Remove this Banner Ad

Totally agree. Has flown under the radar for a while now. Was better when Frawley was in the side and playing well but struggles if and when the heat is on him.

He got thrown onto a bloke that completely outsized him in Daniher because McDonald s**t the bed, he was a complete mismatch for Daniher.

Aaron vandenBerg.

I can forgive him for missing that goal as he's normally a decent finisher, but 8 disposals today after being invisible last week and quiet against GWS.

The last thing we need is for one of our finds from 2015 to regress and become another Terlich.

Lift your game Aaron.

Aaron vandenBerg.

I can forgive him for missing that goal as he's normally a decent finisher, but 8 disposals today after being invisible last week and quiet against GWS.

The last thing we need is for one of our finds from 2015 to regress and become another Terlich.

Lift your game Aaron.

He's not being played in the middle where he should be, this is on Roos to put him back in the middle.

Aaron vandenBerg.

Lift your game Aaron.

There were rumours around before round 1 that he is carrying a bad ankle. Looks like it to me.

Anyone who says Matt Jones should be dropped has no idea about footy and loses all credibility on this board
He was a big part of our run from the back half when our midfielders failed miserably
Come at me plebs.. your wrong

However Chris Dawes deserves a special place in hell now .. I keep thinking he might be able to add something but that was as useless a game as I can remember from a bloke being paid a s**t load

Anyone who says Matt Jones should be dropped has no idea about footy and loses all credibility on this board
He was a big part of our run from the back half when our midfielders failed miserably

However Chris Dawes deserves a special place in hell now .. I keep thinking he might be able to add something but that was as useless a game as I can remember from a bloke being paid a s**t load

Agree on both points. Poor old Matt Jones had a great game until he dropped that ball in the 4th.

If Dawes can't find form in the next couple of weeks we shouldn't see him in red and blue ever again! Would rather play Pedo or get games into Weideman and Hullet

The only issue I have with Matt Jones is that he was the only one of our players who didn't lay a tackle.

I was out at the start of the game so only got a chance to watch from half way through the 2nd quarter onwards. I literally remember the handball to Garlett for his goal in the 3rd. Otherwise...did he have all of his possessions in the 1st quarter?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Game was well and truly done regardless of that fumble by M. Jones in the last 5 mins. Thought he was alright, enjoyed his run in the first half.

Dawes on the other hand please let this be his last game, i'm sick of yelling at him at everything he does. Can't mark, kick or even contest and the fact that he gets more money than most of our players would be hard for them to stomach. That moment where Jacobs flat footed him made him look slower than Gawn or even Stencil and that just cannot be. Game has well and truly passed him and he hasn't improved at all since coming from the pies.

Aaron vandenBerg.

Lift your game Aaron.
I wrote this in April, he still worries me.

The problem with Matt Jones is that his card is marked by most of the fans already. I openly put myself in that category - I see him as a stop-gap until something better comes along.

I will also say that in no way do I consider myself an astute judge of footballing performance of any player whose card I've already mentally marked. Rational thought is gone.

Whenever he's named in the starting 22, the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end. Then game day comes, and I sit there, watching the game, waiting for that 'Matt Jones moment'. The same way I wait for the 'Dawes moment', or the 'Lumumba moment' (or in years past, the 'Terlich moment'). You don't see any of the good things they do like the other players in the team: you see them get possessions and do 'stuff', and your arse cheeks tense up somewhat and you grind your teeth whenever they go near the ball, but that's about it.

Then the 'moment' comes, and you erupt like a volcano, spewing vitriol like lava and throwing whatever inanimate object is immediately at hand like chunks of basalt.

It doesn't matter if the moment comes when the game is already dead and buried - you erupt anyway because it's a cathartic release of angst and frustration that you've been building up from other irritating things that have happened throughout the game.

Matt Jones is my pressure relief valve.

So yes, Nick, you're probably right. He probably wasn't that bad :drunk:

Oh and I agree with you on Dawes. Concrete hands. Turning circle of the Queen Mary. No impact on the contest. etc.

Ol' Spade hands Dawes didn't disappoint. Apparently great round the club, too bad he's never held a mark.

Matt Jones should be dropped.

Uhoh. I've just lost all credibility on this board.

I wrote this in April, he still worries me.
I reckon yesterday was the first time he has been played in position this year and was his best game this year. Needs to tidy up disposal/ decision making but I reckon that'll happen quickly if he keeps getting midfield minutes

The problem with Matt Jones is that his card is marked by most of the fans already. I openly put myself in that category - I see him as a stop-gap until something better comes along.

I will also say that in no way do I consider myself an astute judge of footballing performance of any player whose card I've already mentally marked. Rational thought is gone.

Whenever he's named in the starting 22, the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end. Then game day comes, and I sit there, watching the game, waiting for that 'Matt Jones moment'. The same way I wait for the 'Dawes moment', or the 'Lumumba moment' (or in years past, the 'Terlich moment'). You don't see any of the good things they do like the other players in the team: you see them get possessions and do 'stuff', and your arse cheeks tense up somewhat and you grind your teeth whenever they go near the ball, but that's about it.

Then the 'moment' comes, and you erupt like a volcano, spewing vitriol like lava and throwing whatever inanimate object is immediately at hand like chunks of basalt.

It doesn't matter if the moment comes when the game is already dead and buried - you erupt anyway because it's a cathartic release of angst and frustration that you've been building up from other irritating things that have happened throughout the game.

Matt Jones is my pressure relief valve.

So yes, Nick, you're probably right. He probably wasn't that bad :drunk:

Oh and I agree with you on Dawes. Concrete hands. Turning circle of the Queen Mary. No impact on the contest. etc.

I do something similar with both OMac & Wagner, purely because I can't believe they aren't being held accountable for their performances in the same way that the rest of the team is...

Controversial Napalm of this board: those who questioned benevolent Roosy and his Glorious Match Commitee's choice to bring in Jeff Garlett

yep. Still think selection has been poor at times, but that was a good call. Garletts game yesterday was probably the biggest positive for me, we were all a bit worried he was losing the plot but he was excellent.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back