The Melbourne City Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

25 year old CB Bart Schenkeveld joins from PEC Zwolle. From what i can gather he was fairly highly rated there but has had knee and suspension issues. Played 25 games last year and can also play at RB and LB.
Yeah- he comes across as a bit of a Mr-Fix-It type player, competent in any position in a Back 4. Strong physical presence or so I've been told.

Proven star at the level and is now an Australian citizen so doesnt occupy a visa spot. Pretty good signing assuming he's not occupying the marquee spot imo, which you'd have to think is extremely unlikely. Will be a significant impact player off the bench imo.
In other news Marcin Budzinski was spotted at CFG Manchester on Wednesday to undergo his medical, so i'd suggest our marquee man could be unveiled in the next two or three days.
Brandan back in training and should be available around mid November, or even earlier according to a few people.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Proven star at the level and is now an Australian citizen so doesnt occupy a visa spot. Pretty good signing assuming he's not occupying the marquee spot imo, which you'd have to think is extremely unlikely. Will be a significant impact player off the bench imo.
In other news Marcin Budzinski was spotted at CFG Manchester on Wednesday to undergo his medical, so i'd suggest our marquee man could be unveiled in the next two or three days.
Brandan back in training and should be available around mid November, or even earlier according to a few people.

Hasn't been a 'star' for a while, well past his best.

Will Budzinski be a marquee? Rumours that the deal is under 300k a year.

He's a marquee apparently. Will be pushing it to get under the cap

Sigh.

Maybe this will mean a more balanced list. I don't have hope though, our manager for starters is a huge hack.

He had an off year last year, mostly because he had injury issues. The season before in the premiership winning team he was outstanding...
Dont really care what Budzinski is on, I'll judge him on what he does here.
Certainly as far as balance goes this is clearly the most even squad we've had. We bat exceptionally deep.

Not sure where your pessimism re Joyce comes from, ticks a hell of a lot of boxes for mine, but only time will tell.

He had an off year last year, mostly because he had injury issues. The season before in the premiership winning team he was outstanding...
Dont really care what Budzinski is on, I'll judge him on what he does here.
Certainly as far as balance goes this is clearly the most even squad we've had. We bat exceptionally deep.

Not sure where your pessimism re Joyce comes from, ticks a hell of a lot of boxes for mine, but only time will tell.

Joyce was horribly bad at Wigan, clueless even.

Joyce was horribly bad at Wigan, clueless even.
Meh that's a nbit of a so what for me tbh. Got thrown into the job midseason, was out of it mid season. Didnt have a chance to build his own squad whatsoever and was left to clean up someone elses mess.
Besides that point, I'm a believer in a coach is better for every experience they have. For some reason in Australia we tend to have this mentality that once someone has failed they're no good, which pretty stupid imo.

Meh that's a nbit of a so what for me tbh. Got thrown into the job midseason, was out of it mid season. Didnt have a chance to build his own squad whatsoever and was left to clean up someone elses mess.
Besides that point, I'm a believer in a coach is better for every experience they have. For some reason in Australia we tend to have this mentality that once someone has failed they're no good, which pretty stupid imo.
Unless it's true. Which it is.

**** you are a negative campaigner. Give the bloke a chance first
I have...

Perhaps being a United supporter I know a bit more about his credentials than you do?

You don't need to have a cry because my opinion is different to yours.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back