The Melbourne City Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Most satisfying part is standing in active just to see that dude shout out MELBOURNE at the top of his lungs.
whats more satisfying is paying out on the south end...

Good to win ugly. Good finish from Rosco.
Imagine if/when we start melding as a team.
And how outrageous was that bench?
And Kilkenny still can't get a bench spot..
We have some talent.

More than happy for us to keep taking this approach. When it starts clicking in the final third we'll be very tough to beat. Looking forward to a good away trip to Adelaide this week.

Don't think I've ever seen 3 clean sheets. Now 3 in 4 games A. Maz. Ing

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Gotta keep banking these points

No doubt we will have a lull in form eventually, but getting these early wins on the board gives us a great platform to build and a buffer on the chasing bunch.

Gotta keep banking these points

No doubt we will have a lull in form eventually, but getting these early wins on the board gives us a great platform to build and a buffer on the chasing bunch.
As McCormack said, we haven't hit form yet; not even playing our best squad. We will get it together some time and there will be carnage on the scoreboard.

As McCormack said, we haven't hit form yet; not even playing our best squad. We will get it together some time and there will be carnage on the scoreboard.
Still a long way to go

Aim should be cementing a spot in the top 2, hence getting these early points are so critical

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't think I've ever seen 3 clean sheets. Now 3 in 4 games A. Maz. Ing

It was interesting to see Redmayne get credit for his second clean sheet this season for the other sky blue team. I'm not even joking, I doubt Redmayne kept more than two clean sheets in his entire time at Heart/City. To keep any team out for half an hour, defending a lead and down to 10 men would be inconceivable in seasons past.

Our defence is looking incredible and obviously plenty of firepower up front. We just need that polish in the middle that Budzinski will hopefully be able to provide.

It was interesting to see Redmayne get credit for his second clean sheet this season for the other sky blue team. I'm not even joking, I doubt Redmayne kept more than two clean sheets in his entire time at Heart/City. To keep any team out for half an hour, defending a lead and down to 10 men would be inconceivable in seasons past.

Our defence is looking incredible and obviously plenty of firepower up front. We just need that polish in the middle that Budzinski will hopefully be able to provide.
Agree.
Nice pun, maybe not intended re Budzinski.
Malik out, not sure if Jamieson has a problem that will see him missing, but Brattan a good replacement it seems if that is the case.

Last edited:
Have we had a better free kick goal scorer than McCormack? Mooy was brilliant at setting them up but not a brilliant goal scorer

Anyway we can keep him when Bruno come back? Or is it one or the other?

Anyway we can keep him when Bruno come back? Or is it one or the other?

I don't think so, unless another visa player gets dumped or injured. You'd have to say it's a big 'hell no' to Jakobsen and Schenkeveld going anywhere, Bruno speaks for himself. So that leaves Brandan and Budinski.

We won't know enough about Budinski until he gets match fit, but we really need him to be that link between defence and attack that has been missing so far. And I think Brandan will thrive in this team, with quality all over again the park. I'm not saying he's better than McCormack, but he's the incumbent and he's too good to dump in those circumstances.

If it comes to it, bid McCormack a fond farewell and work out how to get him back as soon as possible.

I don't think so, unless another visa player gets dumped or injured. You'd have to say it's a big 'hell no' to Jakobsen and Schenkeveld going anywhere, Bruno speaks for himself. So that leaves Brandan and Budinski.

We won't know enough about Budinski until he gets match fit, but we really need him to be that link between defence and attack that has been missing so far. And I think Brandan will thrive in this team, with quality all over again the park. I'm not saying he's better than McCormack, but he's the incumbent and he's too good to dump in those circumstances.

If it comes to it, bid McCormack a fond farewell and work out how to get him back as soon as possible.
Yeah agree. I’m sure deep down, as much as he’s enjoying playing for us, he is look to get back into the Championship.

Guest stint? Does that make him exempt from the foreign quota or is it inclusive of guest stints?

From memory the rules regarding guest stints are pretty ad hoc, basically however the FFA chooses to interpret them. But I would have thought there were two critical elements and a potential guest would have to fit at least one (preferably both) to be considered.

1. He's a big enough name that he can put bums on seats at away games.

2. He only sticks around for a month or two.

It would be hilarious if the FFA let us keep McCormack as a guest with five other quality visas in the lineup, but he wouldn't fit either of those criteria. He'd be another visa and despite the entertainment value of the subsequent melts, it couldn't happen surely.

One of those good problems to have, as a byproduct of all our visas performing...he's waiting in the wings if any of them go down with a serious injury between now and new year. It's a bit of a shame though, Bruno and Ross (and potentially Cahill) up front in the A-League would be something to behold.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back