The Melbourne City Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep, no doubt.

I just think his physical condition isn't helping matters at the moment, particularly sans Bruno.
Fast becoming the competition #1 striker. He is a natural talent and definitely MAKES us play with direction.
Imagine if he was fit and had an elite attitude- clearly, we would not have him- he'd be starring regularly in the EPL or somewhere else in Europe.

Fast becoming the competition #1 striker. He is a natural talent and definitely MAKES us play with direction.
Imagine if he was fit and had an elite attitude- clearly, we would not have him- he'd be starring regularly in the EPL or somewhere else in Europe.
Don’t get me wrong; we’d be ****ed without him.

Perth in a rut, happy to pick up points against the bogey team, surprised we got a point on Sunday though, being down to ten men early and all.

Still do not rate Joyce, he would have to do something significant for me to warm to him. Hopefully the last week is the kick starter to some consistency, but I have my doubts, think we got some average teams at the right time.

Seems Joyce doesnt get along with some of the older blokes
That may be true but Carrusca left for a better deal, had barely featured due to form and fitness and we had some emergence of younger talent.

He only played 3 times, how long was he injured for?

I guess Vidosic replaces him FWIW

He was out of the side for a good stretch. I don't think he would have returned to the bench if he had a falling out with Joyce.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems Joyce doesnt get along with some of the older blokes
Don't think thats true tbh, Joyce just likes workrate. Cahill and Carrusca were obv not that sort of player, nor is Kilkenny really. Bouzanis, brainfart against MV aside, has been pretty good since he came in and as such has just held his spot in the team.

Don't think thats true tbh, Joyce just likes workrate. Cahill and Carrusca were obv not that sort of player, nor is Kilkenny really. Bouzanis, brainfart against MV aside, has been pretty good since he came in and as such has just held his spot in the team.
Wouldnt say Ross has the greatest workrate either, he never comes up to midfield to receive the ball when we are stagnant or try and bring others into play, would ray Fitzy does this better

Wouldnt say Ross has the greatest workrate either, he never comes up to midfield to receive the ball when we are stagnant or try and bring others into play, would ray Fitzy does this better
True, i probably should have specified midfielders specifically when i said that. Generally if there's a position you are happy to sacrifice workrate for attack its in the striker position, we've just been spoilt with Bruno over the past few seasons. Really hope we get to see them play together; i think they'll complement each other beautifully.
As for Fitzy, everyone admires his workrate and tenacity, but of late he's been utter garbage; far too predictable and is spurning chances when he gets them. Arzani and Atkinson's approach has been a breath of fresh air on the wing.

Fitzgeralds biggest issue is he is a hog, never looks to pass it off and goes for goal. If he learned to pick a pass in those situations he'd have a fair few assists.

Fitzgeralds biggest issue is he is a hog, never looks to pass it off and goes for goal. If he learned to pick a pass in those situations he'd have a fair few assists.
Yeah agree but he plays direct at least and takes the game on, not many others follow suit

Inside mail is Atkinson injury may not be as bad as it appeared
Originally looked like a bad sprain, reaction seemed to indicate an innocuous break.

Hopefully nothing serious. Poor kid was devastated.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back