The Melbourne City Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Technically the City game will end sooner but I probably wouldn't make it to Etihad before the final siren.
Sorry- hoped it was a G game.
Given the potential goal spree, go to AAMI. Last home game unless we get a home final or 2.
Watch the AFL on the app?

Last edited:
Another very solid performance, Bratts great again, Vidosic finding the goals Bruno getting stronger. Another classy showing from Arzani. The defence staying solid, also solid performance from Bozanic in midfield, combining well with Bratts and Mauk. All of a sudden excited about finals.
As a side note, seems to be a lot of cats supperters in this thread, coincidence ? just wondering.

C'mon City

I'd be very happy if we got Newcastle again in the finals.
Don't care who we get of Brisbane or WSW in the first final should we finish 3rd. Pretty confident we'll comfortably beat either. Perth would make me a little more nervous but that would appear fairly unlikely of happening. Anyway * playing them in a home final again, both our other two have been against them.
Newy away will hold no fears, just need to bring it on the day again.

But of a grind, but CCM were well held and never really threatened.

Would have been great for Bruno to grab a 2nd. His only goal shows how valuable his finishing is, especially when we aren't creating a stack of chances.

His still recovering from the ankle, and hopefully can find that extra yard of pace to help unlock defences in the finals

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was hard going but just important to get the result. Didn’t feel like we were pressing hard or challenged much at all.
Just needed to be better with finishing and we could have won probably 3 nill. Happy to get the points however. Will be interesting to see if Wazz tries bring Malik back before finals or keeps the side unchanged.

Nix getting a point today would be handy. Take the pressure off next week.

So ACL confirmed?

Haven't watched us much the last month, but seems Bruno coming back has been huge for the team.

Got no confidence Joyce can tactically outcoach others, will rely on sheer brilliance from whoever, be it Bruno, Vidosic, Arzani, Brattan etc.

A grand final appearance would be a step in the right direction.

Not confirmed, but it's almost.
We can still miss out if Adelaide, Victory or Brisbane win the Grand Final.
Likewise we can upgrade our current playoff spot to direct qualification if we win the grand final.
I have quite a bit of faith that the club will go even harder on the European stage, it seems one of the primary reasons for their investment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back