The Melbourne City Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Arzani alone gives him enough credit. There will be more under this model.

Disagree. Arzanis talent was very clear well before he came along.

Disagree. Arzanis talent was very clear well before he came along.
That’s the model though. Bring in talented players. Have them play the CFG brand under Joyce... profit.

Anybody else think this season is 1 round of 9 games too long?
I'm all for playing each team twice.
Seems farcical that we're taking on the duration of EPL when we don't have the depth of personnel, or even the interest, and now we will see finals in MAY!

Anybody else think this season is 1 round of 9 games too long?
I'm all for playing each team twice.
Seems farcical that we're taking on the duration of EPL when we don't have the depth of personnel, or even the interest, and now we will see finals in MAY!
I think with a 12 team comp where everyon plays each other twice will be much better.

We most likely finish 6th and play Victory at Marvel Stadium W1 finals.
For that not to happen, we need to win plus Wellington need to lose, and we need to make up a goal difference of 7 to finish one spot above Wellington so we can play Adelaide in SA.
Sounds better to not bust a gut next week and get to face Victory in Melbourne.
Perth could well smash Wellington next week, so it's not a fait accomplis that we finish 6th.

We most likely finish 6th and play Victory at Marvel Stadium W1 finals.
For that not to happen, we need to win plus Wellington need to lose, and we need to make up a goal difference of 7 to finish one spot above Wellington so we can play Adelaide in SA.
Sounds better to not bust a gut next week and get to face Victory in Melbourne.
Perth could well smash Wellington next week, so it's not a fait accomplis that we finish 6th.

I don't think Marvel is a possibility. There's footy scheduled there on Friday, Saturday and Sunday that weekend. Probably purposely done by the AFL as well to force a Melbourne based final elsewhere

I don't think Marvel is a possibility. There's footy scheduled there on Friday, Saturday and Sunday that weekend. Probably purposely done by the AFL as well to force a Melbourne based final elsewhere
Tbh, the A League season should be well and truly finished by now, including finals.
It goes way too long.
The AFL does not intentionally schedule games to block the A League- just does what it has to do.
I thought the A League was put in place in the off season to the AFL season- now we're going into rd 8 of the AFL season.
So, AAMI will be available and appropriate. Our record v Victory at AAMI is inferior to that at Marvel anyway in the last 2 Joyce seasons.

Looking more probable that we will play Adelaide FC on Sunday.
Can't see Wellington pulling off an upset win in WA.
In any case, 5-0 tonight was classy, 5 individual goal scorers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Elimination v Adelaide @ Coopers.
Sunday May 5 @ 7PM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Difficult time, can't get back to Melbourne until Monday am.
Why it couldn't be a 5pm game is perplexing.

Why it couldn't be Saturday night is perplexing...
Very unfair on Wellington to essentially have a 5 day break to travel to the other side of the country

Very unfair on Wellington to essentially have a 5 day break to travel to the other side of the country
punishment for being so thrashed yesterday?
ideally, they should have drawn or lost by only 1 so as to play adelaide, so we would be home v victory, but they stuffed up big time.
they knew the sequelae of their results after our 5-0 win

Farcical again that Adelaide have 5 days to get up against a fresh Perth side. Could have gotten ugly for us even if we did scrape across the line last night

Farcical again that Adelaide have 5 days to get up against a fresh Perth side. Could have gotten ugly for us even if we did scrape across the line last night
We should have let CCM beat us. Would have played MV on Fri pm at home, beaten them, Wellington would have had more time to come to Adelaide. The finals fixture was no doubt predicated on an all Melbourne final after Wellington beat us, but both teams stuffed up badly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back