The Melbourne City Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

JezzasOnTheAsphalt

Club Legend
May 14, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Much like western United away, beautiful fast football to find a late winner again. Big win.

I’m sure there’ll be plenty of salt from Western Sydney about the pen, but with officiating at the standard it is chances are we are gonna have to cop bad ones too and take good ones if they come (see last week).

Enjoy the win.

Harry#7

Debutant
Mar 15, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Melbourne City
Great to show the fight required to come back into it. After copping a sh*t penalty call against Brisbane we had one go our way which was helpful. Good result for the girls to get their first win this afternoon too. If they can start converting chances I think they will be hard to beat this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Vdubs

Hall of Famer
Jan 1, 2008
MYOB
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Patriots
Losing was so predictable, and Loved watching Bruno. The MC crowd gave him a fantastic show of support when he was subbed off late in the game. He and Bart are my 2 favourite players of all that have represented Heart /City. Also HIGHLY rated Franjic and Kilkenny. Glory have 4 City boys. Wonder if Velaphi wouLd consider a return to MC.

Tony Lynn 15

Hall of Famer
Mar 21, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
Losing was so predictable, and Loved watching Bruno. The MC crowd gave him a fantastic show of support when he was subbed off late in the game. He and Bart are my 2 favourite players of all that have represented Heart /City. Also HIGHLY rated Franjic and Kilkenny. Glory have 4 City boys. Wonder if Velaphi wouLd consider a return to MC.
It makes you wonder why in god's name Joyce did not select him last season. Clearly one of the best strikers in the competition and we let him sit and rot in the stands. To his credit he showed up each week and watched and publicly never said a bad word.

Stupidity and stubbornness of the highest order.

Doctor Colossus

Happy to meet
Oct 1, 2007
Death Mountain
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Storm-Man Utd-Heart-Luton-Patriots
It makes you wonder why in god's name Joyce did not select him last season. Clearly one of the best strikers in the competition and we let him sit and rot in the stands. To his credit he showed up each week and watched and publicly never said a bad word.

Stupidity and stubbornness of the highest order.
Worse that the club openly backed the manager but sacked him anyway.

Elmer_Judd

#Teague2020
Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Had to go to my Aunt's nursing home for her birthday this evening (she has Alzheimer's 😥😥) so am unable to watch our game up in Newcastle. Seen some quality tweets though

go you pups

Hall of Famer
Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, SSC Napoli, ESH
Good win, felt we made some good moves attacking down that right side, particularly come the second half. Good performance from Glover, as said above, feel we're lucky to have the kid for this year, he looks pretty capable. Keep playing him then get a proper keeper next season.

Atkinson got a few minutes at the end, is he going to play more? Kinda feel he's wasted sitting on the bench.

Elmer_Judd

#Teague2020
Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
What a sh*t start against the cousin rooting inbreds. I am currently having to increase my first half alcohol quota given our piss weak performance against a team of scrubbers. Totally unacceptable

Elmer_Judd

#Teague2020
Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
This club was born to troll it's supporters I swear. Happily I cleaned up nicely on the pokies earlier today so I can drink myself into a coma before the game ends. FML

Remove this Banner Ad