AJ_2000

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 10, 2007
Right Here.... Right Now.
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Houston Roughnecks
Not a huge surprise. We only used 2 subs, and still look like in preseason mode - Brisbane used their 5, and fresh legs are key late in the game.

Still good to get the 3 points, and learn a lesson about killing off the game (and not using your bench). Plenty more improvement ahead

AJ_2000

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 10, 2007
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Houston Roughnecks
I'm not overly concerned. Brisbane deserved a point last week, Adelaide got lucky with two chances at the death.

It's good for the team to get a kick in the pants early and realize that 2-0 isn't enough, we became a great team last year when we'd score 3, which would then turn in to 4,5,7,8 etc.

Kisnorbo does have a selection challenge, which he'll need to work out. Our first 11 is pretty stellar, which can mean you are reluctant to make changes off the bench, but Covid football with up to 5 changes means that the opposition will be coming at you in the last 20 mins. If we're not using the bench effectively and haven't put teams away, expect results like this to continue.

We are going to piss it in again in the league aren't we ? Love it
Watch out for Victory this season. Have recruited well across the whole organisation, and does not take a lot to go from zero to hero.

I'm not overly concerned. Brisbane deserved a point last week, Adelaide got lucky with two chances at the death.

It's good for the team to get a kick in the pants early and realize that 2-0 isn't enough, we became a great team last year when we'd score 3, which would then turn in to 4,5,7,8 etc.

Kisnorbo does have a selection challenge, which he'll need to work out. Our first 11 is pretty stellar, which can mean you are reluctant to make changes off the bench, but Covid football with up to 5 changes means that the opposition will be coming at you in the last 20 mins. If we're not using the bench effectively and haven't put teams away, expect results like this to continue.

Well said regarding the subs. We have such a strong list so rather than giving Tilio and Cola a couple of minutes they need more.

Boultzboi

All Australian
Sep 6, 2011
Wyndham Vale
AFL Club
Geelong
Uninspiring to say the least. It's feeling like Joyceball 2.0.

I'm at the game and even active seem flat

Sent from my SM-G985F using Tapatalk

AJ_2000

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 10, 2007
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Houston Roughnecks
It's a bit static and they're sitting back and we're slowly shifting the ball left then back then right, very old school Heart/City build up.

We're creating a few half chances, just need to bag one and it will bring 2.

Back