The Melbourne City Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Adelaide players and supporters are a bunch of sooks who should learn the laws of the game. Juande should have copped a card for his dissent at the last minute. Clear foul on Good and he carries on like a pork chop about it.

Adelaide players and supporters are a bunch of sooks who should learn the laws of the game. Juande should have copped a card for his dissent at the last minute. Clear foul on Good and he carries on like a pork chop about it.

Beath is useless. Let's the game get out of control, and wonders why it's so firey at the end. Kitto knocks the ballnout if our hands for a throw in.... Nothing! Easiest yellow of the night. Allows plonkers like Jacobson and Lopez to manhandle our players all night.... Nothing. campaigner

Beath is useless. Let's the game get out of control, and wonders why it's so firey at the end. Kitto knocks the ballnout if our hands for a throw in.... Nothing! Easiest yellow of the night. Allows plonkers like Jacobson and Lopez to manhandle our players all night.... Nothing. campaigner

I reckon Beath held back on carding Jakobssen because he felt he would have had to caution Leckie for the retaliation, and Leckie was already on a yellow.

Was a good match in the end. Nice to see a clean sheet and Glover making some saves. I reckon the rest helped us alot.

A draw isn't a bad result considering Adelaide haven't lost a home final in a decade! Makes for a great game Sunday!

Was a good match in the end. Nice to see a clean sheet and Glover making some saves. I reckon the rest helped us alot.

A draw isn't a bad result considering Adelaide haven't lost a home final in a decade! Makes for a great game Sunday!
Tonight was the most undeserved home final in the last decade, and in all the history of the A-League.

This is A-League, not AFL. Here we can physically touch a ref and point his head to look at the big screen.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WOW.
WU just smashed MV. 4-1
Almost as sweet as us making the GF, IF it happens.
I really thought MV was the best team in it, but in reality, any of that top 4 are worthy GF teams.

Can not forget that at mid year, WU was the team to beat.

Last edited:
Oh geez that was so good. The idea of Victory losing was always a dream. But they got completely destroyed. Also for me takes the pressure off tomorrow a bit.

If we lose at least victory lost too and don't have to see them in the GF.

Oh geez that was so good. The idea of Victory losing was always a dream. But they got completely destroyed. Also for me takes the pressure off tomorrow a bit.

If we lose at least victory lost too and don't have to see them in the GF.
If I am correct, we only have one player unavailable, albeit our best, imho.

I heard chat last week that Florin Berenguer might be available. So only O'Neill missing with the foot.

Berenguer would be a huge addition to the midfield.

If he's fit I'd start him with a view to getting him 50-60 minutes.

I don't buy in to cheering to hard for other teams, especially when you might have to face them soon enough.

WU were impressive, but not dominant. They won the key moments tonight. MV should have had a stonewall penalty when leading the tie 2-1 just before half time (makes up for the first leg). WU took their chances with great finishing and had some lucky breaks.

I don't buy in to cheering to hard for other teams, especially when you might have to face them soon enough.

WU were impressive, but not dominant. They won the key moments tonight. MV should have had a stonewall penalty when leading the tie 2-1 just before half time (makes up for the first leg). WU took their chances with great finishing and had some lucky breaks.
4-1 is about as dominant as it gets in a knockout final with a GF at stake.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back