The Melbourne City Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

? that's above my comprehension
That AJ_2000 will be sitting eight seats away from their spot at the semi final?

I'm resigned to the fact that I won't be able to get to the game, two things would help ease that pain:

1. My City family helping the lads over the line for a famous win and historic double double.

2. 'The Streak 2 - behind Melbourne Victory's 21/22 season' being available for pre-order on DVD.

That AJ_2000 will be sitting eight seats away from their spot at the semi final?

I'm resigned to the fact that I won't be able to get to the game, two things would help ease that pain:

1. My City family helping the lads over the line for a famous win and historic double double.

2. 'The Streak 2 - behind Melbourne Victory's 21/22 season' being available for pre-order on DVD.
Are you unable to get a seat, or unable to get there?
can possibly help out with a single seat- there aren't too many CATS MC supporters...

Yeah, would have been able to make Sunday. Still, I'm not a regular like I was in the Heart/early-City days, so can't really have a sook about it. Thems the breaks.

My wife was trying to book dinner out with friends on Saturday night, before we played our 2nd semi final.... and wasn't too impressed when I wouldn't commit to coming as we might be playing in the GF. Certainly glad I stick to my guns - after all those years of Heart struggles I'm going to enjoy these moments.

Did you know that the Heart/City has an 8 year streak of making the finals? I believe it's the longest active streak in the A League.

Granted we've only been at the real pointy end the last 3 years

Did you know that the Heart/City has an 8 year streak of making the finals? I believe it's the longest active streak in the A League.

Granted we've only been at the real pointy end the last 3 years
quite similar to my AFL team, which is now possibly in slow decline. Our streak of 8 consecutive finals series 2007-17 (8) was broken on 2015, and now we are onto another streak, hopefully one more this year.

Hawthorn 82-94, WCE 1990-1999, Swans 2010-2018, beats that; real pity about 2015...

Demons and Hawks have both played in 7 consecutive GF's. That is hard to fathom. Would be great if City can start that sort of ascendancy. I think Demons are onto something great now as swell.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ah well guess there is a reason no team has ever done the double double!

I am just going to enjoy myself for the rest of this one.

Second best all night. Hate to say it, but Western United walloped City in the first half and held on stoutly in the second half.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back