The Melbourne City Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: who intends on being a melbourne heart fan?

So it will be stripes, and will have Westpac on the front....

What could possibly be the gaudy detail?

I worry that we will end up with something like the Perth kit. Stripes yet stupid panels and V on it. What about, just stripes?

The issue is that the A league have most of the imput on the kits, not the clubs. They get presented options from the A league.

I just want something more traditional.....

Nutri Grain Stadium apparently

good God your kidding right? What a joke of a name for a stadium. It's becoming like that almost everywhere though. What ever happened to naming stadiums after something traditinal like the area, city or what they're used for?

do people actually care what the stadium is going to be called??
FWIW i can tell you now
<insert brand name> dome/arena/stadium

change every 5 or so years.

people make me laugh when they think its going to be anything different

I'm on board now but will always hold a soft spot for Carlos Hernandez!

I've heard conflicting reports of some signings. We all know the Aloisi rumour (I hope not), but what about Richard Porta (Uruguayan player born in Australia who wants to move to Australia to pursue international football, hasn't been back since he was 1) and now I've even heard Kanu? Porta would be a good signing, one of these who could just take the A-League by storm or completely fail. Kanu's too old surely? I suppose we need a marquee player and Kanu is slightly more recognised than Porta.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm on board now but will always hold a soft spot for Carlos Hernandez!

I've heard conflicting reports of some signings. We all know the Aloisi rumour (I hope not), but what about Richard Porta (Uruguayan player born in Australia who wants to move to Australia to pursue international football, hasn't been back since he was 1) and now I've even heard Kanu? Porta would be a good signing, one of these who could just take the A-League by storm or completely fail. Kanu's too old surely? I suppose we need a marquee player and Kanu is slightly more recognised than Porta.

Kanu is just a flat out rumor.

It was reported that Porter would be coming to 'melbourne' by the club, and rumours were circulation he was coming to heart before then.

Melbourne Heart and Alosi have denied it and will resume talks after Sydney finishes up. Reading between the lines it seems it will be done after Sydney finish their season.

On that football program shown Monday night on One HD Aloisi said "not yet" when asked about it.

Where'd you get this from?

Please tell me thats not going to be the shirt.

633861426363034370-facepalm.jpg

Where'd you get this from?

Please tell me thats not going to be the shirt.

Mac Ropod is referring to the possible Croatian links of the club.

regular_2008croatiahomeshirt.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back