The Melbourne City Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

JezzasOnTheAsphalt

Club Legend
May 14, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
We should have let CCM beat us. Would have played MV on Fri pm at home, beaten them, Wellington would have had more time to come to Adelaide. The finals fixture was no doubt predicated on an all Melbourne final after Wellington beat us, but both teams stuffed up badly.

And why not show a bit more consideration for the fans rather than tv viewers and use the Saturday time slot
Adds a lot more equality to the finals fixturing, hey you might even get some more fans through the gates when it's not kicking off 7pm Sunday night.

Boultzboi

All Australian
Sep 6, 2011
Wyndham Vale
AFL Club
Geelong
What a day to be a Liverpool and Melb City supporter.

Joyce G.A.W.N
96011df4ff34cb164149d23c958eb868.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Victory,Napoli,Liverpool,Penguins
Warren Joyce released as coach of Melbourne City

May 8, 2019 10:19am Source: news.com.au

City players and staff have been informed this morning during exit interviews.
Joyce’s two-year contract expired at the end of this season, which concluded in last Sunday’s gut-wrenching elimination finals loss away to Adelaide United.
City is now likely to appoint an overseas coach, with a continental European option understood to be leading the race.
24d98d71df6107f501b2740563fcf487
Players and staff have been notified of his release.Source: AAP
Joyce, who made his name as a youth coach at Manchester United, was gutted to be leaving the club and was said to be emotional in the Coopers Stadium changerooms after last Sunday’s extra-time loss, perhaps aware of his fate.
While eager to continue, Joyce was looking forward to reuniting with his family.
“It’s been a challenging couple of seasons, but I have great pride in the players and staff for the progress the club has made,” Joyce said.

“I’ve seen real growth from the playing group and within the football organisation and the continued development of the right kind of culture.
“I am confident that A-League success is around the corner for the club. I’d like to wish everyone at the club and the fans the best of luck for the future,” he added.”
New City chief executive Brad Rowse, who replaces China-bound Scott Munn, paid tribute to Joyce.
“Warren leaves Melbourne City having helped the club progress against many of our organisational ambitions, and we are grateful for his dedication and passion for the club’s development over the past two years,’’ Rowse said.

“In particular, under his stewardship a significant number of young players have made the transition to first team football and many have been recognised with National team selection.”
Joyce was a polarising figure during his two-season tenure, which was dominated by several bitter splits with star players, including Bruno Fornaroli, Tim Cahill and Neil Kilkenny.
However Joyce’s record stacked up, recording the fifth highest win percentage of any A-League manager to manage two season or more (43.86%), behind Graham Arnold, Ange Postecoglou, Kevin Muscat and Tony Popovic.
He also blooded a host of youngsters, and provided first-team opportunities for the likes of Daniel Arzani and Ramy Najjarine.
WARREN JOYCE’S CITY RECORD
Matches
: 63 (A-League and FFA Cup)
Wins: 29
Draws: 11
Losses: 23
https://www.foxsports.com.au/footba...y/news-story/5773ad5ffc1dc1682e3104f00017c800

Last edited:

5ammy

Club Legend
Jun 16, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
So who do you guys think will take over as the new coach?
I reckon Marco Kurz will be a good fit he knows the league and with the City resources could be very successful.
Maybe Kisnorbo could be given a chance? Not sure. But I'm glad AF they got rid of Joyce... solid start to the 2020 campaign already!

Maybe Kisnorbo could be given a chance? Not sure. But I'm glad AF they got rid of Joyce... solid start to the 2020 campaign already!

Be shocked if it was Kisnorbo. I sense it will be a much more credentialed coach that is from overseas.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JezzasOnTheAsphalt

Club Legend
May 14, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Need someone between JvS and Joyce. JvS was you score 3 we'll score 4 and Joyce was 0-0 all the way. I don't have anyone in mind. Intially I was thinking PK, but I've heard that it'll be a European manager

Given the disciplinarian was largely unsuccessful it will surely be someone much closer to the JVS end of the spectrum. Hope PK is sticking around but would certainly prefer someone fresher for Wazza's replacement.

Boultzboi

All Australian
Sep 6, 2011
Wyndham Vale
AFL Club
Geelong
I think PK will stick around. As silly as it sounds knowing CFG. Don't think they'll make the same mistake as JA. He got the job way too early. PK to be the next manager after this one

Remove this Banner Ad

Back