The Melbourne City Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Care to elaborate?

'Misconduct?'

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Won't say too much but yes misconduct, mistreatment, however you want to paint it. Maybe over enthusiastic. I don't think it's something that would have got him sacked but it certainly got him moved.

So Vidosic is on his way. Suppose it's not too surprising that he's after after a fresh start after struggling to get a look in this year. Disappointing though in the sense that I thought he still had more to give especially under another manager.
Sincerely hope this club is doing absolutely everything it can to retain Bart now.

Any news on potential gaffas? I know the club is terrible at announcing anything but departures, so I thought I'd ask here instead

Any news on potential gaffas? I know the club is terrible at announcing anything but departures, so I thought I'd ask here instead

Have heard nothing.

So a bit of movement this past week or so. Bart's departure news today hurts a lot, still rate him as in the top handful of players to have ever played for the club. Shame to have not reached a deal and won't be surprised to see him pop up at another A-League club more willing to meet his wage demands.
We have at least landed a manager who seems a better fit for the CFG style.

So a bit of movement this past week or so. Bart's departure news today hurts a lot, still rate him as in the top handful of players to have ever played for the club. Shame to have not reached a deal and won't be surprised to see him pop up at another A-League club more willing to meet his wage demands.
We have at least landed a manager who seems a better fit for the CFG style.

Agreed -- enjoyed watching Schenkeveld - great Defender, sorry to see him go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think Bart was ever going to come back. Wouldn't surprise me to see him in the J-League or the Chinese league

Club is completely f’ed in the head for letting Bart go, should have made him a marquee.
Totally disagree. You don't win trophies with marquee defenders. There's a total dearth of Australian attacking stocks, so to win the A League you've got to invest your marquee $$$ there.
Shattered to lose Bart obviously, but by all reports we offered him as big an under the cap deal as we possibly could and it still wasnt enough. That said, Windbichler looks about as good a replacement as we could have hoped for under the cap. K League team of the season in the last few years and still 28 is nothing to sneeze at.

Totally disagree. You don't win trophies with marquee defenders. There's a total dearth of Australian attacking stocks, so to win the A League you've got to invest your marquee $$$ there.
Shattered to lose Bart obviously, but by all reports we offered him as big an under the cap deal as we possibly could and it still wasnt enough. That said, Windbichler looks about as good a replacement as we could have hoped for under the cap. K League team of the season in the last few years and still 28 is nothing to sneeze at.

Bart was hands down our best player and by a fair margin, you keep those players.

Brillante like for like with Bratten (IMO anyways)

Brillante is average at best, it's a massive downgrade on Brattan.

Really?
Brillante has been a key cog in a title winning side over the last three seasons. He's not as glamorous as Brattan sure, but he's far more consistent and ultimately imo, a far better 6. Windbichler's resume is fantastic, and as good a replacement as we could possibly ask for on paper.
With a marquee attacker, likely to be Adrian Luna, to come, this is imo the best balanced squad we've ever had. Hopefully the gaffer is decent and brings it all together.

New signing announced today
bb3565c4a4fc83860393f93dfddda12b.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back