The Melbourne City Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah even though Saturday night was a draw and not overly inspiring I thought there were some good signs.

We played like a team without a striker. Absolutely average for the league to have round 1 on an international break.

What does the club see in Wales? Kinda feel he's out of his depth for now

What is he? Attacking mid? Striker? Winger? He kinda is a jack of all trades, master of none.

I think I can get behind Mombaerts though, structurally I think midfield looks better these opening two games compared to the drab boring dull shithouse football under Joyce. Just need a few of these attacking mids/wing types like the Uruguayans to settle down and find some cohesion.

Last week we played like a team lacking a striker, no issues with how our midfield/defence went about it though, tried a few things, didn't work, eh.

4 points to start though, not too bad.

What does the club see in Wales? Kinda feel he's out of his depth for now

What is he? Attacking mid? Striker? Winger? He kinda is a jack of all trades, master of none.

I think I can get behind Mombaerts though, structurally I think midfield looks better these opening two games compared to the drab boring dull shithouse football under Joyce. Just need a few of these attacking mids/wing types like the Uruguayans to settle down and find some cohesion.

Last week we played like a team lacking a striker, no issues with how our midfield/defence went about it though, tried a few things, didn't work, eh.

4 points to start though, not too bad.
I went to the game on Sunday, we looked best when Najjarine and Metcalfe were linking up to make attacks down the right wing in the first half.

First time I've seen Windbichler and he was great. Solid pick up there.

Wales was impotent (again), was still being played as a striker (as per Round 1). Apart from running really quickly he just doesn't have what it takes to break through the opposition defence. Vanilla with a capital V. He hasn't got the drop of the shoulder than Noone does for instance, to just beat his opponent in a one-on-one.

The Uruguayans haven't done much to impress me yet, here's hoping they can click soon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Starting to wonder if this club will ever do anything good. Whenever things look up it turns to s**t im

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was really disappointed that we brought Bouzanis back. He is an absolute spud.

It was pretty obvious during the first 2 rounds that he was gonna do something to cost us at some stage during the season. Of course then it came when we were playing off for silverware.

Let’s not sugar coat it. A bright start turned into a shocker thanks to the gap he left open for the first and not going at the ball when Good seemed to be calling him to come at it for the second. Never looked like it after that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back