The Melbourne City Thread

Mar 15, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray, Melbourne City
Yeah second half was meh but Glover had anything close to on-target well covered.

Team looks to have settled really nicely, everyone knows their role and where they should anticipate their teammates to be moving to. Good times.

Boultzboi

All Australian
Sep 6, 2011
Wyndham Vale
AFL Club
Geelong
Absolutely fantastic 1st half, if anyone not at the game what was the thoughts on what I thought was an obvious handball in the 7th or 8th minute, didn't even get VAR checked. 2nd half was a bit meh, but we didn't really need to do anything.

Between the 2nd half of the derby and tonight's 1st half was 8 goals!

Sent from my SM-G985F using Tapatalk

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Touch wood, but I do think this is our year for greatness.

MacArthur were second on the ladder before today, and we pretty much wrecked them in the first half.

The downfall/lapse of form of Sydney /Perth etc has really helped too.

Nabbout has really been an outstanding signing too (lol victory)

I honestly can't see how Macarthur were 2nd , they looked as bad as Heart back in the day

Sent from my SM-G985F using Tapatalk
A couple of games on the road with short recovery can do that.

Harry#7

Debutant
Mar 15, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Melbourne City
Great performance last night and also in the derby. Nabbout is going to be key going forward, really hope he retains his form. Don’t mind admitting I was writing off coach, captain and a few others only six weeks ago, they have really turned it around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JezzasOnTheAsphalt

Club Legend
May 14, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Great performance last night and also in the derby. Nabbout is going to be key going forward, really hope he retains his form. Don’t mind admitting I was writing off coach, captain and a few others only six weeks ago, they have really turned it around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The results with Nabbout and without Nabbout are quite stark.

I found the defensive intensity to be very noticeable again last night. Wouldn’t be surprised if the tiredness is what played some part in the second half fade out. The amount of ground that the players are covering is apparently off the charts at the moment.

The results with Nabbout and without Nabbout are quite stark.

I found the defensive intensity to be very noticeable again last night. Wouldn’t be surprised if the tiredness is what played some part in the second half fade out. The amount of ground that the players are covering is apparently off the charts at the moment.
Fade-out? we still kept a pressing #2 team to 0 in the second half.
NABBOUT is certainly THE KEY.
Not only what he does himself is brilliant, but he allows JMc to shine.
How do we fit in Luna and O'Neill ?

Back