The Melbourne City Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Huge for PK. Gonna be a big loss for us. Hopefully it's not an end of an era!
the end of the PK era, yes, but the winning culture is there- RV won the WL 2 seasons ago and is very good from all reports.

My French is pretty rusty but if I understand it correctly, it looks like he's signed a contract to June 2025. One way or another, I'd be very surprised if he sees it through. Either he'll be a tremendous success and will join a bigger club, or he's sacked within 12 months. Edited to add: his immediate predecessor lasted ten months in the job, including the off-season. He was appointed in January and sacked in November. Looks like Jean-Marc Furlan holds the record for the longest managerial stint at Troyes, with 5 and a half years (June 2010-December 2015) in his second stint (and his first was pretty lengthy, having managed Troyes from May 2004 to June 2007).

Having said that, I think he's done something that not even Ange has accomplished - being named a manager of a club in one of the top five leagues in the world (Ligue Un).

Last edited:
Rado Vidisic is named interim manager of the men's team. Dario Vidisic takes over the management of the women's team.
"interim"= presumably all this season, with a view to longer term if he is successful?

"interim"= presumably all this season, with a view to longer term if he is successful?

Possibly not, if this tweet has anything to back it up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah as much as I didn't want to lose, I was prepared that we wouldn't be firing on all cylinders.

Hopefully it's a wake up call before we face victory. Nothing to worry about yet and we didn't actually play that badly. Just didn't quite have the finishing we had the first 6 rounds.

So anyone else walking out of the game this weekend?

Yes unfortunately. I'm really annoyed that after a great WC campaign the APL decide to ruin any good vibes with this debacle.

Was looking forward to a pumping pre Xmas derby, full house, cheer on and thank it Socceroos reps.... But now the jam had been taken out of my doughnut

So anyone else walking out of the game this weekend?
No, unless we're getting hammered. The demonstration will achieve nothing. Our GF v WU, albeit Covid affected, did nothing to keep the GF in Melbourne. We just can't attract a crowd and we can't compete with AFL. The season is way too long, and should be confined to early October to end March, ie off season AFL. MV supporters have rights to be miffed, as they have healthy support.

The city statement about the GF, at least they say it's about the money, unlike trying to hide behind all the other spin

Short of chartering planes and picking up the tab for hotels I can't see what they could offer supporters...

It will likely be a few buses (which you'll have to pay for) and a live site here...

Man I was at the game it was intense. Victory fans ruining it for everyone as per usual.

Feel like boycotting victory games and booking a flight to Sydney now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back