Women's Footy AFLW and MFC Women's General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't really understand the point of it to be completely honest.
If it was possible, and for skills and game awareness, I do not see why it wouldn't be, would you have a specific reason why you wouldn't?

Given building club identity would be a specific purpose.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

If it was possible, and for skills and game awareness, I do not see why it wouldn't be, would you have a specific reason why you wouldn't?

Given building club identity would be a specific purpose.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Don't see any benefit for the mens team at all. If they were assisting in drills etc I'd understand, but in direct training with one another?

Don't see any benefit for the mens team at all. If they were assisting in drills etc I'd understand, but in direct training with one another?
Maybe it's the philosophy of you learn better by teaching someone else, and if they're trying to show drills of how they want to play to the girls it sticks better for them, they see the pros and cons more clearly? Challenge their egos to not be outdone by girls? Might just give them a bit more pep having different faces around at training for a bit. Doing it every session wouldn't be useful but for a couple of drills here and there it could be a handy way of mixing things up.

I assume the club is trying to build close relationships between the mens and womens teams so that down the track they populate with each other and spawn a dynasty.

Or maybe it's a PR stunt, I don't know.

They are never ever going to be as good as the lads and their game will be completely different too but skills wise I don't think it hurts.
Obviously more to gain for the woman than the men.
Just reckon the club is making a real effort to help the girls feel as much a part of it as possible which is good.

Maybe it's the philosophy of you learn better by teaching someone else, and if they're trying to show drills of how they want to play to the girls it sticks better for them, they see the pros and cons more clearly? Challenge their egos to not be outdone by girls? Might just give them a bit more pep having different faces around at training for a bit. Doing it every session wouldn't be useful but for a couple of drills here and there it could be a handy way of mixing things up.
Agree with this completely

If it's, say, a session a fortnight or even a week then there are numerous benefits and very few cons so it's a win from my perspective.

Results of the practice match against the Blues yesterday:
Carlton 8.4 (52) defeated Melbourne 1.3 (9) after the Blues led by just eight points at three quarter-time. Aliesha Newman kicked Melbourne’s goal.

Hope this isn't a portent of things to come.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds like some tweaking in the competition still has to be done.

Also would have thought the club might have live streamed it, i would have watched it if that were the case

The amount of offended online is starting to drive me nuts! So i'm going to vent. Saw Melbourne repost the women's launch ad taking a modern take on the "i'd like to see that" campaign. First comment on our page was "No thank you..."

Seriously wtf dude? if you have no interest in the womens comp that's fine, but don't watch the video and write your offended comments nobody cares about. If you haven't got anything nice to say, keep your ******* mouth shut, because those of us that give a s**t don't want to read your negative comments with their terrible attitude attached. If you don't like womens football don't go out of your way to tell us you don't because we don't care and neither does the club, so get over yourself. Already bad enough we had someone whinge on the main board about it. Can't imagine the in coming comments when the competition actually starts, i'm not sure i'll be able to cope telling so many people to shut the **** up!

Rant over

The amount of offended online is starting to drive me nuts! So i'm going to vent. Saw Melbourne repost the women's launch ad taking a modern take on the "i'd like to see that" campaign. First comment on our page was "No thank you..."

Seriously wtf dude? if you have no interest in the womens comp that's fine, but don't watch the video and write your offended comments nobody cares about. If you haven't got anything nice to say, keep your ******* mouth shut, because those of us that give a s**t don't want to read your negative comments with their terrible attitude attached. If you don't like womens football don't go out of your way to tell us you don't because we don't care and neither does the club, so get over yourself. Already bad enough we had someone whinge on the main board about it. Can't imagine the in coming comments when the competition actually starts, i'm not sure i'll be able to cope telling so many people to shut the **** up!

Rant over

You have used the Internet before right?

I like the AFL footy or did when JB and Gaz were still there and the forum is full of people proclaiming they haven't watched it since 05 etc

Rant over

Theres a guy who comments on womens football stuff on my youtube who is constantly trying to use the bible to tell me why womens football shouldnt be encouraged.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/pow...n/news-story/6fb4d719f0f50fcb63d10e4c5af91227

1. Daisy peace (Melb)
2. Ellie Blackburn (WB)
3. Brianna Davey (Carl)
4. katie Brennan (WB)
5. Chelsea Randall (Adl)
6. Moana Hope (Coll)
7. Tayla Harris (Bris)
8. Darcy Vescio (Carl)
9. Kara Donnellan (Freo)
10. Ebony Antonio (Freo)
11. Emma Swanson (GWS)
12. Bianca Jakobsson (Carl)
13. Ebony Marinoff (Adl)
14. Nicola Stevens (Coll)
15. Lauren Arnell (Carl)
16. Aasta O'Connor (WB)
17. Meg Hutchins (Coll)
18. Jamie Lambert (WB)
19. Mel Hickey (Melb)
20. Emma King (Coll)

Who's going this weekend?

I've got a bucks (both unfortunate and ironic), wish I could be there.

Who's going this weekend?

I've got a bucks (both unfortunate and ironic), wish I could be there.
I'm probably going to rock up. It's horrible scheduling and everything, but it's a little slice of history so I'll overlook it this time.

Terrible time-slot. Going to be a lot families that miss out because of the poor scheduling.

Carlton-Collingwood rewarded with the Friday night slot. Well earned with all their pioneering efforts..........
We get a couple and Dogs-Dees will be huge

Remove this Banner Ad

Back