Women's Footy AFLW and MFC Women's General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Daisy Pearce has just become the inaugural winner of the VFL Womens division Best and Fairest, which is her 7th time as Best and Fairest of the top womens division.
We seriously have had the Gary Ablett of women's football fall into our lap based on a coin flip.

I knew him when he played for Mt Gravatt, was an absolute gun! Won the Grogan Medal (QAFL B&F - before there was a NEAFL) back in 2004, and pretty sure he captained them to a Premiership.

Didn't know he was coaching, but he's clearing doing a bang up job of it.
Chasing his third consecutive flag with the Chargers. Huge considering the massive turnover of TAC lists.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chasing his third consecutive flag with the Chargers. Huge considering the massive turnover of TAC lists.
Yeah absolutely, a real testament to the systems he's set up and the standards he expects. Its a great opportunity for him to slot into the football department straight after as well. I love that the club just won't tell him "thanks for the last 6 weeks, now off you go"

Remember when Neeld won 4 in a row at Ocean Grove?

Remember when Neeld won 4 in a row at Ocean Grove?
TAC is a bit different to country footy.

Past TAC Cup/U18 coaches:
Daniel Macpherson (MFC forward coach; NSW/ACT Rams)
Heath Younie (Crows head of development; North Adelaide U18s)
Dale Tapping (Pies dev coach; Sandringham Dragons)

Just as a few. There are more but most people don't have the full resume on the club site.

Am I the only one getting a bit nervey about the age profile of players we've targeted? Paxman is the youngest of the 3 at 27.

I reckon it's clear the MFC is gunning to win the first women's premiership.
I agree. 3 Darebin teammates, all high-end players.

Am I the only one getting a bit nervey about the age profile of players we've targeted? Paxman is the youngest of the 3 at 27.
Women live longer on average

I expect that women will play into their mid-30s, especially in the early years of the AFLW, considering the body probably isn't as worn out as their male counterparts at this stage. I also think that the club will go young in the draft with the aim of developing those players internally. Get the absolute best right now and develop the talent for the future.

I think you'll see us heavily target the Darebin players not yet drafted. Effectively try to put together the VWFL 6-time premiers in Dees jumpers.

I think you'll see us heavily target the Darebin players not yet drafted. Effectively try to put together the VWFL 6-time premiers in Dees jumpers.

Darebin are going to picked clean - Carlton have taken 3 - Arnell, Vescio and Davey. Dogs have taken Brennan and you guys have already taken 3 - Pearce, Hickey and Paxman.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back