Women's Footy AFLW and MFC Women's General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

1439852936986.jpg

Tayla Harris - good stuff

When I was a moderator on this site, it came to my attention that half of the guys in our MFC community were dead below the waist. Watching Sellar, Gysberts and Pale Cale Morton strut their stuff does nothing for one's libido. I wanted to launch a "Hydraulics Booster" campaign with the blessing of the Big Footy Admin but then I was sacked for being a slacker and it came to nothing. Anyway, I hope that Tayla serves as a source of inspiration for some of the rank and file.

I met her a few months back ... I got a photo with her, she was both bewildered and terrified at the same time ... ripping sort
Of course she was terrified. You're a vampire.

1439852936986.jpg

Tayla Harris - good stuff
Reckon she'll stay on our list?

I hope she does. Also hope that other girl (forget her name) solid girl, maybe indigenous? Played up forward and smashed it for us. I hope she stays too, but will probably go to a WA team as I think she was from WA.

EDIT: Sabrina Frederick-Traub. That's the girl I was talking about.

Update to put a live playing list for 2017. Everyone seems to have Daisy locked in and I get the sense that the club has been quietly given the nod for one of the eight teams.

I am really looking forward to this. If they run around as Demons and have our jumper on, who could avoid supporting them?

I am really looking forward to this. If they run around as Demons and have our jumper on, who could avoid supporting them?
Agree. Will be interesting to see how it is scheduled though.

Combine testing is underway for the ladies too. Daisy is the face of the league at this stage, which is awesome.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My GF is training at the academy, and the shirts they've been given have Demons, Bulldogs, Carlton and Bombers logos on the back.

Not sure if that indicates they're locked in, but I hope so!
Loving how much work your club is putting into the women's league. Daisy and Harris are going to be the sort of girls that are revered in a century as inaugural legends of the women's hall of fame.

If my club isn't granted a women's license then I'll be signing up for the dees in the women's league!

My GF is training at the academy, and the shirts they've been given have Demons, Bulldogs, Carlton and Bombers logos on the back.

Not sure if that indicates they're locked in, but I hope so!
Now that IS interesting. Carlton were rumoured last year but Essendon were later.

How I have read it previously is:

Dees & Dogs - all but locked (first two teams)

Teams genuinely keen: Carlton, Richmond, Essendon

Teams getting involved for the sake of it: Hawthorn, Collingwood

Teams not interested:
St Kilda, North

Looking forward to it. I guess they've been taking it slowly so far.

Would be good if they did say 6 teams in Vic next year, playing twice each. Then maybe add in a team from WA, SA, NSW and Queensland in 2018, and another 1 each from WA and SA in 2019. As long as it is viable of course.

The curtain raiser approach seems to work pretty well.

Oh and can count out Dana Hooker from the Dees playing list in 2016 (she's pregnant).

Would be good if they did say 6 teams in Vic next year, playing twice each. Then maybe add in a team from WA, SA, NSW and Queensland in 2018, and another 1 each from WA and SA in 2019. As long as it is viable of course.

Oh and can count out Dana Hooker from the Dees playing list in 2016 (she's pregnant).

Congratulations..

Nah, it's going to be offset. 8 teams, 14 rounds. Season from March to May with a GF in June.

Virtually confirmed that there will be 8 teams. Expected that Dees and Dogs will be two. Brisbane a near certainty for a third.

Does anyone know when the ladies draft is on?
They're doing all the talent testing at the minute...they'll need to confirm the 8 licenses, then get staff appointed, then have a draft. Cannot imagine it'll be before October.

I heard Toump is going to captain the PA women team
Bit of a whack on the women's team there mate. There's finer female players than there is the toump. He wouldn't even make captain

Remove this Banner Ad

Back