No Oppo Supporters The Melt Thread - 2019 Edition (Rules Strictly Enforced - See Post 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Changing the subject, but what the heck is going on in the Riverview Room before the game? Last year was a great experience.

Fast forward to 2019, and Sunday they were knocking supporters back (after taking a $50 surcharge to be a Supporters' Club member). When and if you made it through the hallowed doors, there was barely space to breathe. We sat on the floor to watch and listen to the guest speakers (who were great), but this was not ideal.

It seems that we have been sold out and we now only have a section of the Riverview Room and the other half has gone to the opposition team (North Melbourne, on Sunday). Could someone from the club please reassure us that this was a one-off?

Oh man yyou, that is just so wrong, reading that actually made me angry. To go onto another board to pot your own player in order to get a bunch of confirmation from people who are obviously going to agree with you, that's just not on.
it wasn't meant to offer offense to Freo people as it is clear how much they rate Brayshaw. in fact, I have purposely avoided commenting about him negatively on our board.
I went to the Roos board to offer some solace as I reckon they have a good player there & wanted to offer a kind of olive branch after much of the to-ing & fro-ing before our game. Granted, I didn't expect to have some whiny sook from our board (not you) bring it up on our board, but I guess he or she was looking for confirmation with the groupthink of the Freo masses on our board.
Having stated that, I suppose it was too negative about Brayshaw who is by no means a bad player in my opinion, & I hope he becomes a star, so I think I will avoid mentioning him at all, not just to avoid reactions, but also to back the guy in. After all he is ours.
I'll leave it at that.
Go Freo

I'm melting at myself. I bagged out Ross n co during the JLT. How stupid do I look?

Oh and why has realestate gone quiet? Maybe he should man up
I'm not letting Ross off yet. His comments in his pressor that "If we win or lose but give effort like that there’s no regrets whatsoever. We are not defined by results, we define ourself by our efforts, we won’t always win but it’s nice that we gave great effort and we won today." is vintage Ross and ignores that actually things were different not just with different players but with clearances into the forward line resulting in many goals and a more direct way of playing.

And actually results do matter! No excuses Ross.

I'm wondering if the best off season recruit is Leigh Montagna? Ross also gave him a wrap in the pressor.

We’ve got Leigh Montagna our opposition analyst really summed up North Melbourne really well.

Changing the subject, but what the heck is going on in the Riverview Room before the game? Last year was a great experience.

Fast forward to 2019, and Sunday they were knocking supporters back (after taking a $50 surcharge to be a Supporters' Club member). When and if you made it through the hallowed doors, there was barely space to breathe. We sat on the floor to watch and listen to the guest speakers (who were great), but this was not ideal.

It seems that we have been sold out and we now only have a section of the Riverview Room and the other half has gone to the opposition team (North Melbourne, on Sunday). Could someone from the club please reassure us that this was a one-off?

Can whole heartedly agree with this... I was in the room also and noticed how packed it was vs last year. The $50 deal was clearly taken up by the members. Screw the pop supporters, surely there’s a smaller room for them?

I’ll be heading up to the other room next home game, see what it’s like

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can whole heartedly agree with this... I was in the room also and noticed how packed it was vs last year. The $50 deal was clearly taken up by the members. Screw the pop supporters, surely there’s a smaller room for them?

I’ll be heading up to the other room next home game, see what it’s like

Cat A members now get it for free too. Now if you riff raff could just clear out I need to sup my Barossa Shiraz before the game.

I'm not letting Ross off yet. His comments in his pressor that "If we win or lose but give effort like that there’s no regrets whatsoever. We are not defined by results, we define ourself by our efforts, we won’t always win but it’s nice that we gave great effort and we won today." is vintage Ross and ignores that actually things were different not just with different players but with clearances into the forward line resulting in many goals and a more direct way of playing.

And actually results do matter! No excuses Ross.

I'm wondering if the best off season recruit is Leigh Montagna? Ross also gave him a wrap in the pressor.

We’ve got Leigh Montagna our opposition analyst really summed up North Melbourne really well.

Me either. One swallow a summer does not make, and I for one don’t flip flop my opinions that quickly/easily.

It’s a long season and we’ll face much, much tougher tasks than a clearly out of sorts Kangas at home.

Cat A members now get it for free too. Now if you riff raff could just clear out I need to sup my Barossa Shiraz before the game.

But where will I get access to my full strength beer out of a glass bottle and load up before the game starts?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The rooms were divided into three separate functions for this week only. Norfs and the Dockers Past Players both had separate functions on.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-03-28/players-turned-round-one-into-a-stage-show-scott

Brad Scott is a PoS

Has the nerve to essentially say Wilson staged being down for 5 minutes after Cunnington wacked him while Ben Brown flops his arm around diving for free kicks

I agree its a bit hypocritical but I must admit, after seeing the incident I did think Wilson was a bit over the top with his exhibition of pain and lengthy recovery from a punch to the guts.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-03-28/players-turned-round-one-into-a-stage-show-scott

Brad Scott is a PoS

Has the nerve to essentially say Wilson staged being down for 5 minutes after Cunnington wacked him while Ben Brown flops his arm around diving for free kicks

Yep, has been a sook since he started his coaching gig and this crap from him doesn’t surprise me at all.

Interesting he didn’t comment on some clubs failing to rock up and try in round one.

I agree its a bit hypocritical but I must admit, after seeing the incident I did think Wilson was a bit over the top with his exhibition of pain and lengthy recovery from a punch to the guts.
I was at the game. Sit in row 2. The tummy “tap” happened just inside the centre square directly in front of us... so maybe 40m away. Crowd was rocking, I was watching the play (not the incident) but could clear as day hear the smack and the wind taken out from him. Sounded awful. Assumed he would be down for awhile. There was a lot of force in that “tap”. Probably much more than Gaffs attempted tummy tap. Point is, why does the AFL let this action continue? Only a matter of time until another Brayshaw incident, or someone will actually get broken ribs.

I bet if Fyfe actually remonstrated with tuff man cunnington (instead of checking on Wilson) it would have been graded medium.

Titus didn't miss Scott.

"Like my year nine camp, the Kangaroos would do well to never speak of their trip to Perth last week ever again.

Obviously, Brad Scott was feeling left out when he wasn’t included in some of those ‘which coach is in the hot seat’ articles that come out before the season.

He certainly fixed that, and it only took him one round. He’s a miracle worker.

Scott called out his team’s dysfunctional forward line after the loss which must have made them feel great. To single one area out as dysfunctional would be ignoring the rest of the team, there was plenty of dysfunction to go around.

If only the Roos had some sort of ‘head coach’, who could be held responsible for the forward line being dysfunctional."

I was at the game. Sit in row 2. The tummy “tap” happened just inside the centre square directly in front of us... so maybe 40m away. Crowd was rocking, I was watching the play (not the incident) but could clear as day hear the smack and the wind taken out from him. Sounded awful. Assumed he would be down for awhile. There was a lot of force in that “tap”. Probably much more than Gaffs attempted tummy tap. Point is, why does the AFL let this action continue? Only a matter of time until another Brayshaw incident, or someone will actually get broken ribs.

I bet if Fyfe actually remonstrated with tuff man cunnington (instead of checking on Wilson) it would have been graded medium.

Fair enough, and certainly agree with you re the AFL and Christian. Weak as piss and will ultimately be hypocritical and inconsistent. One of their love childs will get similar or less and it'll weeks. So too if someone like Ballas did it.

Brad Scott is a PoS

I got the feeling B*** S**tt was also having a go at Fyfe for getting his Free Kick shot at goal when he went to ground at a stoppage inside 50.
("You watch footy and when you're at a forward-50 stoppage and you feel contact, if players continually get rewarded a shot at goal for minimal contact, then they're going to keep doing it.)

I have tried to be supportive of Michael Christian and his MRP decisions in the past, but for him to grade Cunnington's hit as low impact just reeked of injustice and him looking after the boys. His reasoning and explanations were simply wrong. Impact has 4 levels ranging from Low, Medium, High and Severe. If hitting a guy in the gut, off the ball, and dropping him to the ground is low impact, then can somebody please suggest to me what are examples of medium, high, and severe impacts to the body?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back