No Oppo Supporters The Melt Thread - 2019 Edition (Rules Strictly Enforced - See Post 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Witch1

Team Captain
Sep 4, 2016
MCG
AFL Club
Fremantle
Sure we won but:

- Where is Round 1's effort?
- He played well but Walters diving around like Matthew Loyd playing for kicks, not a great look. He misses out on legitimate kicks because of it.
- Skill level. Absolutely bottom drawer. Forget the kicking efficiency, handball efficiency is terrible.
- Fumbles, fumbles, fumbles. What do our guys do at training all week?
- S&C yet again. Fyfe stumbling off was a terrible look. What a way to look after our best player.
- Nathan Wilson. He has been very bad this year. I would not be opposed to a spell in the two's. Seems to content just going through the motions.
- Cerra needs more midfield time. He is absolute class and is being wasted in the back line.
Couldn't agree more with these points. The three consecutive OOBs in the last had us screaming at the TV. One of the few wins I got little joy from.

My non-footy related melt is ABC News continually describing a dangerous double-murderer on parole, now on the run after sawing off his ankle bracelet, as being between 175 and 185 cm tall. FFS like they wouldn't know his exact height after 20 years in custody!

free at last

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
south of lat 32
AFL Club
Fremantle
Sorry but that’s Bs with Naughton. It is only now that Western bulldogs are filling a need, that they’re trying him at forward. Please. As if Freo has the audacity to even do that. He played for Peel across half back, was drafted for that reason. There’s no way we would’ve said ‘Hey we got Naughton, we ll give Hogan a miss’. Not a chance.

But we’re using Hogan so wrong the last two games. The kicks to him are shocking. At Melbourne he was receiving kicks on the lead or one on one deep I50. Now he’s getting marks out on the wing and no where near where he can do damage. Hopefully he ll get his first goal soon. But it ll turn into a gorilla on his back if he doesn’t

It's just my view on how we've drafted over the last 2-3 yrs and I reckon the club has stuffed it up again!

fnerd

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 23, 2009
Castilly rock
AFL Club
Fremantle
Hogan just sighted for rough conduct, what’s the bet that piece of **** Christian has no problems finding “high” impact in this case:rolleyes:

Edit:already been graded ,gets a fine thank**** for that

Last edited:

Jul 22, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
I'm calling bullshit on that McDonalds' ad with that handwritten I.0.U. note for $6 that the old bird reckons she's kept since she they both were 16yo.

Given decimal currency was introduced on Feb 14, 1966 the oldest she can be is 69yo, and that's now allowing for how long it took to write, direct. and for those senior citz to get their lines right so that the film is ready to roll out on TV during commercial breaks in the football season. They both look practically decrepit and ready for a cheap cremation. They must be at least 80yo, so there should be a pound sign on that note if these pathetic yanks were trying to flog the authenticity of a good old fashioned aussie romance.

Typical McDonalds exploiting pensioners memories for a quick buck.
Not only that, inflation wasn't even taken into account! Either she was lent 2c back in the day, or she was lent $6 which now means she's owed $1,800.00. Which one is it!?!

Square Peg

Cancelled
Fremantle Poster of the Year Fremantle Board Tipping Champion
Jul 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Couldn't agree more with these points. The three consecutive OOBs in the last had us screaming at the TV. One of the few wins I got little joy from.

My non-footy related melt is ABC News continually describing a dangerous double-murderer on parole, now on the run after sawing off his ankle bracelet, as being between 175 and 185 cm tall. FFS like they wouldn't know his exact height after 20 years in custody!

Maybe he cut some of his lower leg off when he took off the bracelet and they're not sure how many cm he lost

Beak_A

All Australian
Dec 11, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Hogan just sighted for rough conduct, what’s the bet that piece of **** Christian has no problems finding “high” impact in this case:rolleyes:

Edit:already been graded ,gets a fine thank**** for that

Who the F!£K pulls contests like this for scrutiny out of a whole weekend of blokes bumping into each other

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AAACockburn

Premiership Player
Mar 30, 2013
Inside Wayne Carey's pain relief Ziplock.
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
VFL
Maybe he cut some of his lower leg off when he took off the bracelet and they're not sure how many cm he lost
Im backing he is a fan of Kiss.
1554721110088.png

Beak_A

All Australian
Dec 11, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Who the F!£K pulls contests like this for scrutiny out of a whole weekend of blokes bumping into each other

And then I just saw the vision of Taylor Adams’ late bump on Shuey which got stuff all.?The system is effkin bulkcrap

Jul 20, 2018
How does hogan get fined because the guy has a decayed concussion, completely accidental

Yet the bloke who knocks Fyfe out gets * all??

Marty Whitelaw

All Australian
Aug 27, 2014
Nedlands
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
West Perth Falcons, LA Clippers
I am worried about Ryan in the Derby this week and he will need protection from other backs because of the courageous way he stands under the ball to intercept mark
Given West coasts love of snipering players who are in front of them and not looking.
(Natanui on Sandilands-Gaff on Brayshaw- etc)
The directive will be out from Simpson ... again
You’d hope we get in first and Make sure that grub Gaff has a very unpleasant day at the office. Just a shame we don’t have any of our tough nuts left.

ImperialPurple

Matthew Pavlich Medallist
May 26, 2003
South Freo
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SFFC, Aussie Women's Cricket, HNK
How does hogan get fined because the guy has a decayed concussion, completely accidental

Yet the bloke who knocks Fyfe out gets **** all??

The head clash might have been accidental, but the slamming him into the turf without the ball surely should’ve been ‘intentional, high (had him pretty much around the shoulders), low impact (can’t cite him for high impact when he’s already out cold). But surely that was worth a fine. The Nyhuis tackle on Robbie Gray last year where he got 3 weeks was no worse than that.

Oh and Jesse - welcome to Freo where bullshit charges that would be not even looked at with other clubs are completely the norm.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Beak_A

All Australian
Dec 11, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
The head clash might have been accidental, but the slamming him into the turf without the ball surely should’ve been ‘intentional, high (had him pretty much around the shoulders), low impact (can’t cite him for high impact when he’s already out cold). But surely that was worth a fine. The Nyhuis tackle on Robbie Gray last year where he got 3 weeks was no worse than that.

Oh and Jesse - welcome to Freo where bullshit charges that would be not even looked at with other clubs are completely the norm.

Damn straight, hadn’t got to that bs yet that’s what I thought a sling tackle looked like. 2 separate motions and Fyfe didn’t have the footy for obvious reasons and hit his head on the ground

I thought live that it was worthy of suspension. Having watched the replay, I'm not sure Battle had much control after the head clash. IMO, he should have been off for a concussion test too.

ImperialPurple

Matthew Pavlich Medallist
May 26, 2003
South Freo
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SFFC, Aussie Women's Cricket, HNK
I thought live that it was worthy of suspension. Having watched the replay, I'm not sure Battle had much control after the head clash. IMO, he should have been off for a concussion test too.
Yeah I'm not talking about the head clash, but the crude tackle, where he slung him and slammed his head into the turf without the ball.

Yeah I'm not talking about the head clash, but the crude tackle, where he slung him and slammed his head into the turf without the ball.
I'm not sure Battle knew what he was doing at that point. IMO, the sling to the ground was Battle being knocked out and going with momentum. I saw the sling live (without seeing the headclash first) and thought it was terrible. After seeing the headclash, I'm OK with Battle not getting cited.

One of the most baffling form reversals. He’s just terrible this year. The stuff that used to be his strengths have just deserted him.
You would have thought with the new kick in rules he’d be taking the game on more etc yet the opposite has happened...

electricfeel

Cancelled
Sep 21, 2008
AFL Club
Fremantle
No offence to the cheer squad but the high pitched "woop woop" with the Let's go Freo let's go chant is really annoying. It's just so piercing. Please stop.

tonygeeks

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 11, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
Lesson for the day - if you ever find yourself playing two - up with a bunch of old campaigners and they are not betting amongst themselves but only with ' outsiders ' the ****ing fix is in

Oh and don't let the campaigners use their fingers , paddle or GTFO

Pretty sure the pricks bought their medals from cash converters too

Lest we forget indeed I won't be forgetting that lesson in a hurry

Remove this Banner Ad

Back