No Oppo Supporters The Melt Thread - 2019 Edition (Rules Strictly Enforced - See Post 1)

wayToGo_

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Can someone take Christian hostage just until end of season so we can get someone that is perhaps unbiased.
Maybe I am forgetting but it seems worse than it has ever been. I've yet to find a football supporter who thinks he is doing a good job.

Scham

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2004
AFL Club
Fremantle
Maybe I am forgetting but it seems worse than it has ever been. I've yet to find a football supporter who thinks he is doing a good job.

Had the same feeling. It used top be bad, and I thought having just 1 person rather than a committee would improve it, but I don't think it actually has. Seems to have gotten even worse this year.

stax on the mull

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 26, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Matildas
I'm calling bullshit on that McDonalds' ad with that handwritten I.0.U. note for $6 that the old bird reckons she's kept since she they both were 16yo.

Given decimal currency was introduced on Feb 14, 1966 the oldest she can be is 69yo, and that's now allowing for how long it took to write, direct. and for those senior citz to get their lines right so that the film is ready to roll out on TV during commercial breaks in the football season. They both look practically decrepit and ready for a cheap cremation. They must be at least 80yo, so there should be a pound sign on that note if these pathetic yanks were trying to flog the authenticity of a good old fashioned aussie romance.

Typical McDonalds exploiting pensioners memories for a quick buck.

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2018
Just up the street
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SFFC
I'm calling bullshit on that McDonald's ad with that handwritten I.0.U. note for $6 that the old bird reckons she's kept since she they both were 16yo.

Given decimal currency was Feb 14, 1966 the oldest she can be is 69yo, and that's now allowing for how long it took to write, direct for those senior citz to get their lines right so that the film is ready to roll out on TV during commerial breaks in the football season. They both look practically decrepit and ready for a cheap cremation. They must be at least 80yo, so there should be a pound sign on that note if these yanks were trying to flog authenticity of a good old fashioned aussie romance.

Umm, ok then 👌👌

May 2, 2017
QLD
AFL Club
Fremantle
I'm calling bullshit on that McDonalds' ad with that handwritten I.0.U. note for $6 that the old bird reckons she's kept since she they both were 16yo.

Given decimal currency was introduced on Feb 14, 1966 the oldest she can be is 69yo, and that's now allowing for how long it took to write, direct. and for those senior citz to get their lines right so that the film is ready to roll out on TV during commercial breaks in the football season. They both look practically decrepit and ready for a cheap cremation. They must be at least 80yo, so there should be a pound sign on that note if these pathetic yanks were trying to flog the authenticity of a good old fashioned aussie romance.

Spot on. Also, no ****ing way the ink is that bright still. Bitch is a fraud and McDonald himself should go down with her.

jedi mind tricks

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 13, 2011
Dream State
AFL Club
Fremantle

* that's an awesome post

I didn't think of decimal currency taking over in 66.

Aug 6, 2018
Karratha or Windsor Hotel
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Perth
I am worried about Ryan in the Derby this week and he will need protection from other backs because of the courageous way he stands under the ball to intercept mark
Given West coasts love of snipering players who are in front of them and not looking.
(Natanui on Sandilands-Gaff on Brayshaw- etc)
The directive will be out from Simpson ... again

free at last

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
south of lat 32
AFL Club
Fremantle
Our club is in such a horrible spot thanks to our drafting team total screwing up our rebuild.This rebuild is going to take double the time it normally should.
Our club has been crying out for natural forwards but our recruiters don't select those types...2016 we choose Logue-at this stage it is looking like a poor selection.

2017 we choose 2 mids-should've only been one the other pick should have netted us Naughton-fux sake he was playing for Peel.
We select Naughton,we probably wouldn't have gone down the Hogan path.
2018 we could've had Connor Rosee & Jordan Clark running around in purple this year.

I can see Fyfe leaving through FA when it comes up again.

We are going to be in the wilderness for a long time!

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
I am worried about Ryan in the Derby this week and he will need protection from other backs because of the courageous way he stands under the ball to intercept mark
Given West coasts love of snipering players who are in front of them and not looking.
(Natanui on Sandilands-Gaff on Brayshaw- etc)
The directive will be out from Simpson ... again
They do their cheeky push into their lower body and make them spin backwards. It’s such a duty tactic that isn’t picked up or can’t be classified as a push.

Jan 5, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
What i loath is how we structure under a high ball. Our talls go for the mark and our small go for the screamers instead of roving the taps or putting defensive pressure on. As good as Walters played today he did this several times resulting in goals to the Saints.

It's driving me nuts that something so simple hasn't been drilled into our guys yet.

What the coaching staff need to do is to teach the guys this basic stuff that every other club is doing.

Cesoir

Club Legend
Feb 11, 2019
Cairns
AFL Club
Fremantle
So we got to the footy a little early yesterday and decided to have a couple of relaxing drinks at the Bridge Bar on the way in and kill some time. Got a couple of drinks, sat down and my ears were assaulted by the inane dribbling of Hagdorn and crew broadcasting live from a van AT THE VENUE! I switched off from 6PR years ago so I didn't have to listen to this complete *trumpet and his cronies, now I can't even have a beer before a FREMANTLE game without him banging on about how we have cocked up our recruiting, didn't need Hogan because we could have got Naughton and haven't developed our youth properly. We walked out and I will not go back there again. Is it too much to ask to NOT have a bunch of Freo hating flogs broadcast at your venue an hour before one of our game???

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
What i loath is how we structure under a high ball. Our talls go for the mark and our small go for the screamers instead of roving the taps or putting defensive pressure on. As good as Walters played today he did this several times resulting in goals to the Saints.

It's driving me nuts that something so simple hasn't been drilled into our guys yet.

What the coaching staff need to do is to teach the guys this basic stuff that every other club is doing.
Smalls HAVE to stay down. Every time. Walters coming over the top, in a deep inside 50 from St Kilda, was farcical. Didn’t get it, no where near and just spills behind the pack and they seagull for goal. He has done this way too many times in his career.

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Our club is in such a horrible spot thanks to our drafting team total screwing up our rebuild.This rebuild is going to take double the time it normally should.
Our club has been crying out for natural forwards but our recruiters don't select those types...2016 we choose Logue-at this stage it is looking like a poor selection.

2017 we choose 2 mids-should've only been one the other pick should have netted us Naughton-fux sake he was playing for Peel.
We select Naughton,we probably wouldn't have gone down the Hogan path.
2018 we could've had Connor Rosee & Jordan Clark running around in purple this year.

I can see Fyfe leaving through FA when it comes up again.

We are going to be in the wilderness for a long time!

Sorry but that’s Bs with Naughton. It is only now that Western bulldogs are filling a need, that they’re trying him at forward. Please. As if Freo has the audacity to even do that. He played for Peel across half back, was drafted for that reason. There’s no way we would’ve said ‘Hey we got Naughton, we ll give Hogan a miss’. Not a chance.

But we’re using Hogan so wrong the last two games. The kicks to him are shocking. At Melbourne he was receiving kicks on the lead or one on one deep I50. Now he’s getting marks out on the wing and no where near where he can do damage. Hopefully he ll get his first goal soon. But it ll turn into a gorilla on his back if he doesn’t

Monument Hills

Cancelled
Dec 12, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Hufflepuff, Wildcats, WCE womens
Smalls HAVE to stay down. Every time. Walters coming over the top, in a deep inside 50 from St Kilda, was farcical. Didn’t get it, no where near and just spills behind the pack and they seagull for goal. He has done this way too many times in his career.
yep, I was in the stands right behind that. That Walters fly was poor team play, he was never a chance to get it and he had been the last man behind play defending the goals so the resulting goal was on him. Following those clowns juggling the ball on the wing leading to the first Bruce goal, that Walters stuff up led to the second which gave Saints back some momentum when they were well and truly on the ropes.

Walters needs to ditch the BS and just play the smart play for his team as a leader.

And what was with the atrocious level of skills. It was just disgraceful. I didn't know you were even allowed to kick it out of bounds on the full that many times without being sent off. Bet you there is no extra effort at training this week on skills though. Replaced with 'effort' drills.

And Banfield needs to go back to Peel. Creepy mark II but even worse decision maker. Bring in Swita or Giro.

beetz

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 30, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Sure we won but:

- Where is Round 1's effort?
- He played well but Walters diving around like Matthew Loyd playing for kicks, not a great look. He misses out on legitimate kicks because of it.
- Skill level. Absolutely bottom drawer. Forget the kicking efficiency, handball efficiency is terrible.
- Fumbles, fumbles, fumbles. What do our guys do at training all week?
- S&C yet again. Fyfe stumbling off was a terrible look. What a way to look after our best player.
- Nathan Wilson. He has been very bad this year. I would not be opposed to a spell in the two's. Seems to content just going through the motions.
- Cerra needs more midfield time. He is absolute class and is being wasted in the back line.

blue shark

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2009
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Sure we won but:

- Where is Round 1's effort?
- He played well but Walters diving around like Matthew Loyd playing for kicks, not a great look. He misses out on legitimate kicks because of it.
- Skill level. Absolutely bottom drawer. Forget the kicking efficiency, handball efficiency is terrible.
- Fumbles, fumbles, fumbles. What do our guys do at training all week?
- S&C yet again. Fyfe stumbling off was a terrible look. What a way to look after our best player.
- Nathan Wilson. He has been very bad this year. I would not be opposed to a spell in the two's. Seems to content just going through the motions.
- Cerra needs more midfield time. He is absolute class and is being wasted in the back line.
This weeks game I fear will highlight our forward line woes, and the game plan of kicking it long to a stagnant contest. Running around
like headless chooks, looking busy and missing targets while our opposition use the angles, kick to a moving forward line.
If McGovern, Barass, Hurn, Sheppard, dominate the air, will we finally acknowledge that we do not know how to score?

Monument Hills

Cancelled
Dec 12, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
This weeks game I fear will highlight our forward line woes, and the game plan of kicking it long to a stagnant contest. Running around
like headless chooks, looking busy and missing targets while our opposition use the angles, kick to a moving forward line.
If McGovern, Barass, Hurn, Sheppard, dominate the air, will we finally acknowledge that we do not know how to score?
Having said that, I watched the WC game and all they did was just boot it indiscriminately forward on just about every occasion. It's just that JK marks just about everything that goes near him, contested or not. Or the umps give them a free kick in front of goals and they expect that now as part of their strategy. No wonder they look so average when JK doesn't play or the umps don't give them their F50 frees.

blue shark

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2009
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Having said that, I watched the WC game and all they did was just boot it indiscriminately forward on just about every occasion. It's just that JK marks just about everything that goes near him, contested or not. Or the umps give them a free kick in front of goals and they expect that now as part of their strategy. No wonder they look so average when JK doesn't play or the umps don't give them their F50 frees.
6 6 6, you would swear was developed for Clarkson, Simpson, Fagan, teams like Dees and Tigers have fallen from grace, the contested
teams are struggling and without outside speed, skill, struggle.
WC have probably the most depth in their forward line, you won't stop them all, without quality ball/forwards, the game has become a
shootout.

Monument Hills

Cancelled
Dec 12, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
6 6 6, you would swear was developed for Clarkson, Simpson, Fagan, teams like Dees and Tigers have fallen from grace, the contested
teams are struggling and without outside speed, skill, struggle.
WC have probably the most depth in their forward line, you won't stop them all, without quality ball/forwards, the game has become a
shootout.
For the first time ever, I wish we still had Zac Dawson. 666 was made for the Fist, particularly against WC.

Back