No Oppo Supporters The Melt Thread - 2019 Edition (Rules Strictly Enforced - See Post 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Agree on Walters but hes surrounded by guys that are spuding it up at the moment, the guy is a serious light weight hes playing to his strengths in my opinion. Hes not particularly fast either or strong so what else does he do.

Moonrat

Team Captain
Sep 9, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
Why oh freakin why can't we score?
Why does no-one want to score?
Why are they scared to have a freakin shot?
Why don't we spread inside 50?
Why do we always bomb it to the pocket?
Why are we playing so many talls that can't mark?

Where is our on-field leadership? We just look lost out there. Everyone looks lost. I don't see anyone standing up and leading.

It's pretty bad honestly

Ghost Pig

Club Legend
Jan 21, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
fyfe couldn't find a captain's goal if it was duct taped to the windscreen of his helicopter.

Hogan runs like he's bow legged and wearing tight blue jeans and kicks the footy like its a dead jack russell.

Tabs thinks he's a basketball hoop.

Sonny keeps running into invisible clotheslines strewn all about the place.

Cox doesnt trust himself to take a set shot from 40 out but is confident enough to have a crack at a laser pinpoint pass to an outnumbered shorter team mate on a tighter angle.

Hilly doesnt understand that you cant open the face of goal up by running around WHEN YOURE STRAIGHT IN FRONT ALREADY.

theres so much more but im too sad. my eyes r melting.

Moonrat

Team Captain
Sep 9, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
Actually thought we could play finals this year. That was 3 weeks ago.

We are absolutely no chance on this form. Will lose the next 4 to go 7 losses straight.

Next game we could possibly win is Carlton at home.

What a turn around!

banners87

Rookie
Apr 12, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool
Get Cox the f*** out. Bloke had no idea tonight. Problem is there's no one to come in for him from Peel. Absolutely sick of Walters playing for frees and running into invisible arm bars. Keep your feet! Tabs looks like he's playing with a bar of soap for a football, and Hogan couldn't hit the side of a barn door, despite 'coming in to train on his day off to fine tune his craft'. Bombers weren't great tonight, we were just terrible.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cesoir

Club Legend
Feb 11, 2019
Cairns
AFL Club
Fremantle
The hunger and willness has gone. It has suddenly evaporated. Players look tired or disappointed. There’s no passion, that was there against GWS. 3 weeks. And it’s gone. Sorry but Ross is gone. Essendon are an awful awful team. And we never looked like we wanted to win
Unfortunately I think you are right. I look at the body language of our entire team and they look like they want to be anywhere but out on the field.

I started this season with optimism, and that has been sucked right out of me - I think the players feel the same way.

Dockerjonz

Club Legend
May 27, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Benfica,Canucks
Basic skills are faarked barring a few players,decisions kicking into f50 are faarked . At times fellt like I was watching the 3rd/4th year of my sons footy team

Witch1

Team Captain
Sep 4, 2016
MCG
AFL Club
Fremantle
fyfe couldn't find a captain's goal if it was duct taped to the windscreen of his helicopter.

Hogan runs like he's bow legged and wearing tight blue jeans and kicks the footy like its a dead jack russell.

Tabs thinks he's a basketball hoop.

Sonny keeps running into invisible clotheslines strewn all about the place.

Cox doesnt trust himself to take a set shot from 40 out but is confident enough to have a crack at a laser pinpoint pass to an outnumbered shorter team mate on a tighter angle.

Hilly doesnt understand that you cant open the face of goal up by running around WHEN YOURE STRAIGHT IN FRONT ALREADY.

theres so much more but im too sad. my eyes r melting.
Brilliantly summed up. I was at game last night full of hope and optimism ....I just couldn't believe how bad they were. The B Hill play on at point blank was an indescribably awful moment but only one of countless dumb decisions by whole team during match. Horrible to watch.

mike91

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 13, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
Went to the game last night. Essendon fans are pure scum. They are just like wet toast, yelling ball and booing at everything. People behind me weren't even watching the game and still booed. Umpires weren't the reason we lost, but commonsense they helped Essendon. Tippa's first goal literally ended up on the afl app with the title questioning the umpiring. Yet there fans kept bronx cheering and carrying on. Whenever a freo had the ball deep in defensive 50, they kept yelling play on to put the players off, just shut the f**k up and watch the game, you're a fully grown adult ffs!

Also why are Essendon members allocated seating right next to the opposition cheer squad? You can't even celebrate in peace.

Pretty sure I heard someone yell out NTTAWWT to Luke Ryan too, which is even more sad given the club were celebrating this game as their purple game.

Aug 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
I know this isnt a popular opinion around here but my levels of apathy for Freo are higher than ever and I cant help but feel the club is in the mitst of an identity crisis on and off the field. The dual move to Cockburn and the new stadium has been great economically but may have cost the club in some more intangible way.

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
Ominous feeling we are going to cop our first 100pt belting very soon....
Collingwood at Mcg. We’re going to be slaughtered. Ross will go full defensive. And probably lose 120 to 40. Rather we say hey, Collingwood are a great team but let’s take this game on and really dish it up to them. But you just know Ross will be a stubborn mule and concede defeat with his tactics

jusjoshin

Club Legend
Oct 22, 2008
Gosnells
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Scorchers, East Side Hawks
Thoughts from the game.

Teams have worked out how to beat us. Put extra players behind the ball and hurt us on the rebound. We will press forward to try and keep it locked forward, creating plenty of space for quicker players to break into. Adelaide showed the league how to do it. Now they are all doing it to us. Our game plan works well when the opponents don't know how to play against it. Once they do, we need to have a plan B.

I hate how the commentators are blaming the low scoring slog on us week after week. We are pushing forward actually trying to score. Our opponents are creating the flood mostly. To beat a flood is hard. We either need to rebound explosively, or have exquisite skills and do what the Hawks used to do and pick our way forward, creating space and working into it. We have a couple of players quick enough to hurt them on the rebound (Hill and Colyer). What we really lack is the distributors with slick skills. We have Mundy ... and then crickets.

We need to train on creating space in a congested forward line, and have a plan for the fast break that doesn't involve bombing it slow and high into our forward line.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back