No Oppo Supporters The Melt Thread - 2019 Edition (Rules Strictly Enforced - See Post 1)

nurries

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 11, 2003
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Freo
Sack all of the fitness and medical staff, I,m pissed of with having most of our best players sitting in the stands while second choice players are doing their best but are getting carved up because they aren't up to it.
Year after year its the same ****ty injury story.
It is the coaches job to make sure that the 2nd choice players are up to it by having a definable game plan that is method based and not effort / player based.

Scham

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2004
AFL Club
Fremantle
Matera did all his work in the first quarter. Vanished when things got a bit hard.

On Pixel 2 using BigFooty.com mobile app

A bit unfair I reckon Hoss. He was up and about early and looking really good but Carlton obviously put a lot of work into curbing that so what should've happened is that one of the other small forwards got off the leash while all of the attention was on Matera, but it didn't happen. Not a yelp until the last quarter when Switta finally woke up.

StingBitten

The Midland Steal
May 31, 2012
Bayswater
AFL Club
Fremantle
We never really have been under Ross though. Its another of his great mantras that he wheels out at press conferences but doesn't really stand by it.

And there's every indication that it's the one major gripe players have with the club. It's talked in rumor circles, and then actual posts from past players (Haden Schloite) about selection integrity. It appears that Neale is the first to actually vote with his feet regarding unequal player treatment.

Could just be clutching at straws, but I don't think it's a coincidence Nyhuis played his worst game for Peel after learning Cerra was coming in ahead of him.

Jan 14, 2008
AFL Club
Fremantle
It is the coaches job to make sure that the 2nd choice players are up to it by having a definable game plan that is method based and not effort / player based.

Nah some have more talent than others, there is a reason they are called depth. Take out to many top end talent and replace them with the depth players you are in trouble
Pearce is fit Hughes out
Hogan, Tabs fit Cox is out or getting some help
Lobb, Sandy fit Darcy is getting fit at Peel
SHill fit Cerra or Bewley out.
The injured players all top end talent ,their replacements not so much.
Injuries are ruining my love of the game, year after year its been the same.
Bloody hell we start the season with a long injury list.
The fitness dept are crap and if Ross is backing them he should be hauled over the coals
Hope Bell is arranging a full review of the dept .

Apr 26, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Wimbledon AFC
I cant believe how angry I am... Football needs to not mean so much. And even now when it doesn't how the hell have we lost to GC and Carlton in one season. Up by 29 to Carlton and lose - so angry. The players should be disgusted.
The players would be filthy on themselves. But it's been a common theme this season. Easing back against rubbish opposition. So * knows what they are going to do about it. Probably not brag about being the best 4th quarter team to start with.

poshman

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 13, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
The players would be filthy on themselves. But it's been a common theme this season. Easing back against rubbish opposition. So **** knows what they are going to do about it. Probably not brag about being the best 4th quarter team to start with.

I can only hope it causes a big reaction next week. And that by some miracle we get sandi back. Lobb would be a nice surprise and Hogan to move cox out.

Other than that - we need a mid dropped and cerra was crap.

StingBitten

The Midland Steal
May 31, 2012
Bayswater
AFL Club
Fremantle
Can anyone name me a lazier, weaker, dumber football player than Brennan Cox?

I know this is the melt thread but Cox is only 20.

Taberner was the worst player on our list at 20, and we've had several other talls who were nowhere near it at this age.

In a successful Freo side Cox wouldn't even have debuted yet.

After the pies win i decided i'd make the trip down to Launceston to watch us have another famous road win (fortunately i'm only in Melbourne) but now couldn't think of a worse way to spend my weekend.
unlucky.gif

Scham

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2004
AFL Club
Fremantle
I know this is the melt thread but Cox is only 20.

Taberner was the worst player on our list at 20, and we've had several other talls who were nowhere near it at this age.

In a successful Freo side Cox wouldn't even have debuted yet.

Westoff at Port was very similar to Cox at 20 (and Tabs for that matter) and he's carved out a fairly good career. Hopefully Cox can turn out better but an equal career to Westoff would still be ok. He's got time to fix his weaknesses for sure.

hoss

Norm Smith Medallist
May 28, 2004
South
AFL Club
Fremantle
A bit unfair I reckon Hoss. He was up and about early and looking really good but Carlton obviously put a lot of work into curbing that so what should've happened is that one of the other small forwards got off the leash while all of the attention was on Matera, but it didn't happen. Not a yelp until the last quarter when Switta finally woke up.
Have no doubt it was a bit unfair. Was not in a charitable frame of mind when I posted that. He has some credits in the bank too but I'm still disappointed with some of his decision making and would like to see him have at least 3-4 tackles in a game like that.

On Pixel 2 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Cobbler

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 7, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
I’ve had time to reflect. I’m in a much more peaceful state now.

That said. Just rush the behind you over rated athletic no footy brain spud. Please be dropped. Please please please. To not drop is to accept such lack of IQ. We can’t have it.

I’m also certain Hughes was the spud that tried to kick the ball off the ground in the last minute rather than use his hands.

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
Why is Ross so scared to revert back to his old gameplan at times.. doesn’t play with a tagged any more. Desperately needed one yesterday. Need one this week. Stop with this HFF and just play Banfield on the ball and smash the prick Gaff or Shuey.
Get rid of all the assistants and just Ross be coach. The day he changed his approach in 2015/16 was the day Freo changed

Aug 16, 2009
UK
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Dragons FFC, Old Easts
Why is Ross so scared to revert back to his old gameplan at times.. doesn’t play with a tagged any more. Desperately needed one yesterday. Need one this week. Stop with this HFF and just play Banfield on the ball and smash the prick Gaff or Shuey.
Get rid of all the assistants and just Ross be coach. The day he changed his approach in 2015/16 was the day Freo changed
Nothing great was ever done by committee.

Back