No Oppo Supporters The Melt Thread - 2019 Edition (Rules Strictly Enforced - See Post 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Do we even scout players in our own backyard. Seriously with Rioli and Ryan their obviously more talented than brayshaw cerra it’s just the same old racial oversight that saw us miss out on Andy McLeod back in the day.
Ryan was overrated for Subi and Rioli was a lucky punt. He was overweight not even a year before playing AFL. It happens

Thank **ck at last someone agrees with me. How Naughton was passed on is a disgrace. I was sh*t on from a great height on here for daring to suggest we draft possibly the best KP to come out of WA in years and to make matters worse he **cking played for our seconds.
What makes it worse is he was playing for Peel.

No hunger, no enthusiasm, no skills.
The Ross game plan sucks.
Constant turnovers and lollypop kicking into the forward 50.
Fyfe is not a leader. Just grossly overrated and obsessed with taking speccy marks.
Mundy needs to retire.
Brad Hill is hopeless and needs to leave now.
After 25 years it’s back to the Neesham/Drum years. No progress has been made.
After nearly tieing the derby ratio we are now 9 behind.
Couldn’t give a SH.. about the club. Won’t be going to another game this year.

Fyfe is not a leader. Just grossly overrated and obsessed with taking speccy marks.
Mundy needs to retire.
Fyfe would be the first player selected by all AFL coaches if they had the chance, he does it week in, week out with little support.

I will not normally comment on a game like this before i have had time to calm down.But in this case i will make an exception . And say that was the most gutless effort i have had to endure.20 players out of the 22 should ask the club not to pay them for that game

Mundy needs to retire.
Good melt.But Fyfe i cannot agree with , has looked a bit sore last couple.Oh and Brad Hill i think he should stay . The rest is fair game.

Where’s the fight? Where’s standing up for the team mates?
We just let Gaff be forgiven and no one wants to stand up to him. Id have 22 Ballas out there who would niggle and go after players. That was so pathetically meek. No passion or heart.
No one backs Fyfe or wants to join the ride with him.
Playing Cerra because he’s a top 5 pick ahead of a Nyhuis who’s been playing his best for Peel isn’t a great look. The club shouldn’t be about gifting games to players that ain’t sure if they want to stay at Freo. We shouldn’t have to convince him otherwise.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where’s the fight? Where’s standing up for the team mates?
We just let Gaff be forgiven and no one wants to stand up to him. Id have 22 Ballas out there who would niggle and go after players. That was so pathetically meek. No passion or heart.
No one backs Fyfe or wants to join the ride with him.
Playing Cerra because he’s a top 5 pick ahead of a Nyhuis who’s been playing his best for Peel isn’t a great look. The club shouldn’t be about gifting games to players that ain’t sure if they want to stay at Freo. We shouldn’t have to convince him otherwise.
How did Nyhuis go today? Did he deserve to play because of his form?

Sounds like we have a new batch of the dumbarse brigade

Footy IQ over athleticism every day of the week
Dumb Arse Brigade - Best term I’ve ever coined on this board to define 3/4 of our team. Back in the good old days of the mid-noughties it was only 1/2 the team. Oh just look at us now...

If there are only 10,000 people at the next home game I will have a boner.

Thank **ck at last someone agrees with me. How Naughton was passed on is a disgrace. I was sh*t on from a great height on here for daring to suggest we draft possibly the best KP to come out of WA in years and to make matters worse he **cking played for our seconds.
If you go back to those draft threads you will see that I asked the question about him, and if he could play
forward? Something he did as a junior.
Club decided to go for mids, which is okay if they actually get to play there. Does anyone agree with Cerra, Blakely
playing Defence?
Watching Cerra on Hurn in the Derby when pushed forward, when the midfield was smashed?
Did we actually win one position last night?

Does anyone believe the club gives a toss what we all really think? It was a full house last night so for Rosich and company it was a win. I looked up at one stage in the last quarter and there were three people sitting in the leather chaired Presidential Zone. Where were these fine upstanding financial supporters? Being shielded from the horror of what was happening on the turf with Chivas, chard and champs. That is the land of Rosich, Alcock and Co, not within brass razoo of the punter on the terraces who bleed week in week out. We’re the once who face the humility not the caviar nibblers. I’m sure the conversation at Monday’s morning meeting down Cockburn will be more about the receipts than the football.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
Does anyone believe the club gives a toss what we all really think? It was a full house last night so for Rosich and company it was a win. I looked up at one stage in the last quarter and there were three people sitting in the leather chaired Presidential Zone. Where were these fine upstanding financial supporters? Being shielded from the horror of what was happening on the turf with Chivas, chard and champs. That is the land of Rosich, Alcock and Co, not within brass razoo of the punter on the terraces who bleed week in week out. We’re the once who face the humility not the caviar nibblers. I’m sure the conversation at Monday’s morning meeting down Cockburn will be more about the receipts than the football.

I disagree with this. They do care about crowds and memberships because it is money. If the crowds drop right off now, they will have to think about that very seriously.

If you go back to those draft threads you will see that I asked the question about him, and if he could play
forward? Something he did as a junior.
Club decided to go for mids, which is okay if they actually get to play there. Does anyone agree with Cerra, Blakely
playing Defence?
Watching Cerra on Hurn in the Derby when pushed forward, when the midfield was smashed?
Did we actually win one position last night?

Naughton was the best KP by a mile in the draft and Cerra was just
One of a heap of mids that were available later in the draft.
I am still shitty that our so called expert draft staff couldn't see that

It’s a sad indictment. These are the * knuckles that have got us to this point. We need to try and weed them out of their ivory towers. It cannot go on. People say it’s only a game but it is a passion to many people and the club as whole has literally destroyed any we have left. We have to put up to the ridicule from those dickheads for the rest of the year. Freo are helping WC to top 2 by gift wrapping 2 wins Every. *******. Year

Remove this Banner Ad

Back