No Oppo Supporters The Melt Thread - 2019 Edition (Rules Strictly Enforced - See Post 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

We will get letters about 2020 membership with seat prices increasing. What a joke. Seriously consider your membership next year. Don’t just tick the box and send the money. We have more valuable things to do with our time. Going to a game takes a good chunk away from your weekend, after working all week. We’ve been doing this for decades now and it’s back to square one.

I work darn hard to afford a membership. This year I’m buying a membership to the Wildcats. Freo can suck my balls. If they ain’t gonna try either am I.

At least the Wildcats have a culture to win

I work darn hard to afford a membership. This year I’m buying a membership to the Wildcats. Freo can suck my balls. If they ain’t gonna try either am I.

At least the Wildcats have a culture to win
Indeed. It’s the equivalent of getting into the ring against Mike Tyson and standing there getting smashed.

I’d rather stay home and keep a Foxtel subscription.

Sandilands shouldn't have been out there and shouldn't play another game, plain and simple. The fact that we have to rely on a 36 year old as our ruckman shows the kind of club we are. Darcy would have lasted so much longer out there than big Aaron and I just felt sorry watching him last night. Naitanui murdered our rucks and dominated all night. Colyer can go for all i care too, absolute list clogger. Cerra needs to be dropped and earn his way up to the team. And yeah sack Ross too while we're at it.

Sandilands shouldn't have been out there and shouldn't play another game, plain and simple. The fact that we have to rely on a 36 year old as our ruckman shows the kind of club we are. Darcy would have lasted so much longer out there than big Aaron and I just felt sorry watching him last night. Naitanui murdered our rucks and dominated all night. Colyer can go for all i care too, absolute list clogger. Cerra needs to be dropped and earn his way up to the team. And yeah sack Ross too while we're at it.
Actually don’t get this. Nicnat murdered our rucks? Thought Lobb did alright. Sandi stifled him early. So what? Got a few taps, didn’t do much else.

Colyer is done. He’s not worth persisting with when we can play youngsters to develop. Cerra should’ve been dropped and refreshed at Peel playing midfield. Now his confidence is shot, and tank is gassed

The anti Fyfe comments are misplaced rage, the guy does the job of 2 men.

There's no doubt we have the worst midfield in the comp, especially inside and in the ruck. Mundy is done, BHill can leave and we get a pick (he is a hard running outside mid but does not win the ball), Walters is trying to do a bit of everything including kicking goals. Brayshaw is 10kgs and 50 games away from being dominant while Blakely is trying to play as a defender and getting embarrassed (anyone who watched On the Couch last week saw how Murphy left him for dead to kick the winner). Cerra is trying to play as a defender too, you can tell its not a role he has any interest in. All are as slow as treacle. Though it was great to see Sandi back and he battled against Nic Nat , lets face it the Eagles ruck and clearance display was awesome with Natanui seeiming to have added a merciless streak to his game. Why we have both Swit and Colyer in the team I dont know.

Bewley and Valente? the jury is out on both as mature recruits. Shill is finished, even if he completely rehabs until next year there's a year or 2 at best left. Tucker is doing a good enough job but he's no Fyfe or Mundy and fair play to Crowden for effort but the kid is half the size of everyone else.

I hope Langdon hangs around he is the only speed we have.

During the first quarter I kept saying ‘we need to get another goal now to stay even otherwise this will become, 1, 2, 3 or more goals in front and we will never get back in it’. That happened.

I maintain Fyfe is not a leader, just as Garry Ablett Jr is not a leader.

During the first quarter I kept saying ‘we need to get another goal now to stay even otherwise this will become, 1, 2, 3 or more goals in front and we will never get back in it’. That happened.

I maintain Fyfe is not a leader, just as Garry Ablett Jr is not a leader.
Fyfe definitely leads by example, not sure what his messaging is like. Great leaders are excellent at both.

I don't think he is the problem at all though.

Just because he is a ‘name’ player doesn’t make him good. In recent years at least I feel like he’s too light in body weight, trying to be deft and classy but just coming off as ineffectual, trying also for the speccy mark that doesn’t influence the overall game other than getting a cheer and media commentary.

Just because he is a ‘name’ player doesn’t make him good. In recent years at least I feel like he’s too light in body weight, trying to be deft and classy but just coming off as ineffectual, trying also for the speccy mark that doesn’t influence the overall game other than getting a cheer and media commentary.
I don't care what his name is, he does a lot of stuff really well. He is not perfect but literally no player is. Fyfe's output is not a problem.

The problem is we have like 4 consistently good players. The rest aren't and that is why we suck frequently. Also starting to think there is serious issues with the way we condition our players given our last 3 2nd halves of seasons.

Melts about Fyfe deseve a melt itself. Wtf? His leadership is unquestioned. Who’s the only one getting involved and bashing their bodies in the line whilst team is getting thrashed? Fyfe. Who’s the one getting contested possessions to dish out to the runners? Fyfe. Without him, Freo wouldn’t be on 7 wins. Very lucky he’s the top player of the comp for Freo. He’s not the problem here. The players around him are. Spuds, spuds everywhere

I don’t know why it offends me so much, but Fyfe wearing that sleeve p!sses me off. Thinks he is Allen Iverson FFS

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the sad thing is is that the players wouldn’t be overly gutted by this like the supporters are. There should of been a response from last week. We should of come out breathing fire last night, the players should of been running through brick walls. They don’t care about support or passion as long as they get their overinflated pay cheques they are happy.

I’ve been mostly supportive of Ross bar the last couple of years when I started questioning some of his principles.
The one that shits me to no end is this ‘effort mantra’ .
I think back to the best and most influential guys I played with in my career and hands down, the guys who made the biggest impact and changed the game were not the ‘effort players’ , they were the guys with sublime skills; the ones who kicked clutch goals; the ones who read the play and the flight of the ball well; the guys with deft touch and spatial awareness not to get hit, tackled or pushed off the ball.

Ross’s ‘effort’ maxim seems to flow on to our forward entries. It simply has to be coached into the team to just get it quick and long into the forward 50. There is simply no argument contrary to this fact.
Now if this is in fact true, then WTF are our forward coaches employed to do ?
This philosophy of ‘get the ball in, create a contest, win the ball and maybe get a goal’ is blowing every fuse in my brain.

Here’s a thought for you ***** coaches that are being paid to do this job - work out a system, have some subtle body language cues for set plays and figure out how to connect from midfield to forward without the ‘bomb it long’ principle.

I’m seriously turning off Freo games atm watching every player bar Walters and brad hill hoofing it 60m from centre to forward line.

FMD.
Rant over

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Melts about Fyfe deseve a melt itself. Wtf? His leadership is unquestioned. Who’s the only one getting involved and bashing their bodies in the line whilst team is getting thrashed? Fyfe. Who’s the one getting contested possessions to dish out to the runners? Fyfe. Without him, Freo wouldn’t be on 7 wins. Very lucky he’s the top player of the comp for Freo. He’s not the problem here. The players around him are. Spuds, spuds everywhere
Everyone is fair game after these shameful games. No one is above criticism. There are a lot of spuds around him, but it is my belief Fyfe is not an adequate leader and his is overrated, and I state that in the MELT thread. Nice guy and all that, but I just don’t see him as being the warrior we need.

I disagree with this. They do care about crowds and memberships because it is money. If the crowds drop right off now, they will have to think about that very seriously.

They’ve got our money, why would they care. A chair, a magazine a book of raffle tickets and a not very good football team all for $799 a year. I know who’s laughing and it’s not me. The day they have common decency to apologise to their core supporters for performances like last night is the day I’ll accept they’ve changed for the greater good.

They’ve got our money, why would they care. A chair, a magazine a book of raffle tickets and a not very good football team all for $799 a year. I know who’s laughing and it’s not me. The day they have common decency to apologise to their core supporters for performances like last night is the day I’ll accept they’ve changed for the greater good.

They have your money this year. It seems they had to offer cheaper memberships for this year, with the flexi membership thing. I guess they had a drop off in renewals as we were all pissed off with the second half of last year. The same is likely to happen for renewals for 2020. Drop in attendances and memberships will force change eventually.

They have your money this year. It seems they had to offer cheaper memberships for this year, with the flexi membership thing. I guess they had a drop off in renewals as we were all pissed off with the second half of last year. The same is likely to happen for renewals for 2020. Drop in attendances and memberships will force change eventually.

I agree it will eventually but I was surprised after 22 years of membership and then not renewing the club didn’t even ask me why, they literally couldn’t give a *.

The true freagles (unlike the fake ones that people on this board get accused of being) haven't renewed. They can now just buy general admission tickets to most eagles matches whilst they wait in the membership queue. The new stadium means there is no need for them to have a freo membership now to see some footy and get to derby games

Remove this Banner Ad

Back