No Oppo Supporters The Melt Thread - 2019 Edition (Rules Strictly Enforced - See Post 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Nodgey

Premiership Player
Aug 14, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SDFC, Liverpool, Scorchers
The toss-head eagle fan in block 332 standing up and being a dickhead every time Sydney did something good. *ing idiot. Get a life.

Ranger245

Debutant
Aug 13, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
The toss-head eagle fan in block 332 standing up and being a dickhead every time Sydney did something good. f*n idiot. Get a life.
With a half empty stadium and most Freo supporters home on the couch I'd imagine Rosich, Bell and the bean counters at Freo are quite pleased for every toss-head WC supporter who's silly enough to pay actual money to watch rubbish.

tonygeeks

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 11, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
I was a little late getting there and didn't see the teams run out but did we have a banner ?
It seemed like our cheer squad had boycotted the game as the behind the goals section where they usually are was very sparse and after a Swans goal their section down the western end cheered and chanted like normal but when we kicked a goal it seemed different and just general stadium noise

Anyone else see this or shed some light on it because cheer squads are such a tradition you just expect them always to be there but ours was either greatly reduced or non existent

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bring back Drum

Mundy4Hundy
Jul 8, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Great to see the players working on their opposites! Nathan Wilson has 2 ripper left foots.........one went 5 rows back & the other dribbled 10 meters along the ground. Keep up the good work skills coach!👍🏼

MadMundy

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 29, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Arsenal, Glory, Bulls
This team still lacks so many skills it's ******* disgraceful. But of course we don't focus on those because we'd have to be a competently trained football club for that

Chill

Rookie
Jul 14, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Claremont
The toss-head eagle fan in block 332 standing up and being a dickhead every time Sydney did something good. f*n idiot. Get a life.
He was an absolute knob jockey. Have to admit there was a part of me that wanted someone to just deck him especially after the game where he kept waiving his scarf in our faces..

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
I was a little late getting there and didn't see the teams run out but did we have a banner ?
It seemed like our cheer squad had boycotted the game as the behind the goals section where they usually are was very sparse and after a Swans goal their section down the western end cheered and chanted like normal but when we kicked a goal it seemed different and just general stadium noise

Anyone else see this or shed some light on it because cheer squads are such a tradition you just expect them always to be there but ours was either greatly reduced or non existent
Fickle bunch. Haven’t been the same since 2003. Expected too much wins, they just forgot to support through losses. Glad not the only one. Freo’s cheer squad haven’t be it’s best for years. Freagle like

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
Trade Crozier, who wanted to play rebounding defender. In the meantime, Blakely replaces his role even though he’s an inside mid and develop Duman. Got rid of Suban, Barlow, De Boer, and we’ve brought in Bewley, who’s absolutely meh. Got rid of De Luca last year and replaced him with the same.
Drafting and trading have been poor, lucky we got Lobb, Wilson etc because that balances it out.
Why aren’t we playing Blakely, Cerra in the middle. Surely now is the time

StingBitten

The Midland Steal
May 31, 2012
Bayswater
AFL Club
Fremantle
Beyond coaching, the inability to cement young players and key recruits into the 22 has been extremely worrying. People call this our 2012, well I can see similar situations with players from that time period that actually worked out.

Drafts
- Hughes: Finally dropped after a mostly promising season, I really hoped this guy would be bona-fide 22 by now but isn't.
- Nyhuis: Can't remain in the side after showing solid potential, doesn't seem rated by the club either.
- Logue: Dropped for form and hampered by injuries.
- Banfield: Played most games last year, taken off the tagging role when in the team and played out of position at high half forward.
- Switowski: Promising with intensity and pressure acts, dropped because he can't hit the scoreboard.
- Crowden: Never really been given another look in.
- Jones and Meek: The future rucks of our club? I think not.
- Bewley: First year player which isn't completely fair, but I name him to draw contrast to Mzungu who came in at the age of 24 and made an immediate impact. Outside of Luke Ryan we haven't achieved that in a long while.

Brayshaw appears the only true positive at this stage and this is probably his first real game he's dominated.

Cerra is in the team but hasn't shown a great deal. Tucker? Seems to have had a mostly good year and looks like a fringe player at best.

Recruits
- Bennell: Much hyped recruit whose career ended with us after 4 pitiful years.
- McCarthy: Three years with the club and been dropped at the tail end of the season for not being able to work into games. Was hailed as a major forward recruit when we picked him up.
- Kersten: Career died here.
- Hogan: First year with us injury riddled and a host of personal issues.
- B. Hill: Honorable mention as one of our greatest picks up looking to seek a trade in the next season or so.
- Colyer: Absolute fluff.
- Conca: Serviceable but not an impact player.

Hamling and Wilson appear the recruits that don't have purse strings currently attached, and the latter is playing in desperate need of surgery.

And that's without even considering our horrific injury list, game plan and rumored host of players seeking exits.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back