No Oppo Supporters The Melt Thread - 2019 Edition (Rules Strictly Enforced - See Post 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 16, 2009
UK
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Dragons FFC, Old Easts
Where's the proof of this leaking? And if he did, maybe there's a justified reason. Lyon is very divisive. A lot of peculiar stuff has happened at this club over the last few years.
How do you honestly expect me to prove that to you on a footy forum? Legit curious as to what you’re expecting here.

Apr 7, 2010
West
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Brewers
People said the same thing about Ross immediately after Harvey was sacked.

A few might've but I remember most of us were in rapture. Lyon was one of the most highly regarded coaches in the league in 2011, Sumich hasn't even had experience as an AFL head coach despite being around for 17 years now. Might be something to that.

Aug 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
I'm happy rosich is out, I'm fairly sure Ross was finished too. I'm also terrified of Bell, he is so hands on, hes in the huddle at every break lurking around, hes having little chats with everyone, that scares me for some reason. It should be a good thing but is worries me.

Jun 25, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
People always talk about when the rebuild started, but never take into account that we finished top of the ladder in 2015. Where was the young talent and the future planning? It was non-existent, why I wonder? Because Ross kept playing senior players and didn't develop the next generation. This is obvious, but some people just won't see it. We've talked about this all the time. Good clubs play 18 year olds in their first year and make sure that fresh talent is injected into the team. I didn't care about any 'pass marks', I just wanted to see the skills improve and us play with attacking intent. We attacked a bit, but not consistent enough, and our skills were awful at times.

Lets not forget how he started the 2017 season, the year after finishing 16th he went straight back to his foot soldiers to start the season. He was clueless about the 2015 to 2016 drop, even more clueless that it wasn't just an anomaly and hasn't shown enough improvement since for the board to think he is the man past 2020.

These were the changes made after we started 2017 0-2, he is slow to adapt and it has cost him.

IN

Ethan Hughes, Tommy Sheridan, Brady Grey, Harley Balic, Griffin Logue, Hayden Crozier

OUT

Cameron Sutcliffe (Omitted), Darcy Tucker (Omitted), Danyle Pearce (Omitted), Zac Dawson (Omitted), Nick Suban (Omitted), Jonathon Griffin (Omitted)

NEW

Harley Balic, Griffin Logue

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lets not forget how he started the 2017 season, the year after finishing 16th he went straight back to his foot soldiers to start the season. He was clueless about the 2015 to 2016 drop, even more clueless that it wasn't just an anomaly and hasn't shown enough improvement since for the board to think he is the man past 2020.

These were the changes made after we started 2017 0-2, he is slow to adapt and it has cost him.

IN

Ethan Hughes, Tommy Sheridan, Brady Grey, Harley Balic, Griffin Logue, Hayden Crozier

OUT

Cameron Sutcliffe (Omitted), Darcy Tucker (Omitted), Danyle Pearce (Omitted), Zac Dawson (Omitted), Nick Suban (Omitted), Jonathon Griffin (Omitted)

NEW

Harley Balic, Griffin Logue
Those ins hardly inspire confidence, even 2.5 years on.

Hughes and Crozier, arguably, the only on the list to have played consistent footy this season.

jedi mind tricks

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 13, 2011
Dream State
AFL Club
Fremantle
Rubbish 2012 to 2015 were the most fun I,'ve had in watching football.
Plenty of enjoyment in winning.
Not developed youth, really. When was the last time you looked at the list.Pearce, Darcy, NealeLangdon, Tucker, Logue, to name a few of the kids that are coming through. Matera, Hill, Hamling all having their best seasons
You and others have hated Lyon from day dot. Don't say otherwise because I,'ve sat with you at training and listened to your opinions.
I,m a Fremantle supporter not a particular coach supporter and will back who ever comes in but this character assassination of Lyon by perpetuating the urban myths of his shortcomings is a low act.

I agree mate

I'm all fine with his sacking if Freo get a good coach and support staff but lets not pretend we didn't enjoy the finals campaigns and watching the players develop uo to 2015.

Some people have an axe to grind

Also is the grass greener we'll wait and see

E Shed

Fremantle Obsessive
Sep 10, 2006
Perth WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
For the love of God that we have to have a Mod come in and police this thread.
Some people just won't leave other people alone to have a meltdown. Even here they have to come in and police what they think is their own "correct" opinion.
Go Away and practice accepting that some people have a different opinion to you and this is where they are supposed to be allowed to come to just scream because maybe it releases a bit of the angst.
(Screams) - Just leave me alone to vent!

Monument Hills

Cancelled
Dec 12, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Hufflepuff, Wildcats, WCE womens
I'm fairly pragmatic and already looking at potential new coaches. However, it still pisses me off that rather than see what Lyon could do in his final year, the board have succumbed to the media onslaught, and the reasoning they give is that the members and club were unhappy about being out of the finals for 4 years and demanded success.

With the talk of even more players now seeking to move with Lyon gone and everything now up in the air, and even if we only lose half of those in question, the result with an inexperienced coach will highly likely be a fall further down the ladder and some real hard times before it gets any good. By then, our best player the club has ever had in Fyfe will be in decline in his 30s.

I think Riewoldt's comments last night were pretty fair as a constrast to the majority of the media comments on this side of the country. If the fans were that upset at not being in finals for 4 years, I think upset is going to become the new purple. I really hope Bell has a well thought out plan.

malpaso

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 30, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls, Kansas City Royals
I'm very worried that this was more about Rosich vs the Board and the players/Lyon took a backseat. By getting rid of Rosich they had to get rid of his coach as well.
If we end up losing players that we shouldn't/wouldn't have then the club has made a mistake and set us back 5 years.

Grape Bear

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 12, 2012
Middle of Nowhere
AFL Club
Fremantle
I'm happy rosich is out, I'm fairly sure Ross was finished too. I'm also terrified of Bell, he is so hands on, hes in the huddle at every break lurking around, hes having little chats with everyone, that scares me for some reason. It should be a good thing but is worries me.

It's a good thing if it's just chit-chatting to encourage and boost morale. It's not a good thing if he is micro-managing and not allowing them to do their jobs without him hanging over their shoulder.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back