No Oppo Supporters The Melt Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Do you honestly beleive Ross and Bond ( he should not get off Scott free ) have had nothing to do with the recruitment team, let me tell you they have 3-4 meetings a year and the recruitment team say who is available and so on, Ross and bondy then tell them what they want and who's going out at years end. Sheridan, Crozier, smith, and the list goes on of 1st and 2nd round draft picks that don't make it, our development is useless unless your in Rosses favourites list.
Ummm well by recruitment team/list management I was assuming bond was a (big) part of that,in fact ive wanted bond to be shown the door for a few years now...hes becoming our version of nisbett.
Of course Ross has input ...quite alot you would think (and hope)....his livelyhood is quite reliant upon it....as for WHO they actually pick well that still comes down to lloyd and co , no question

Old habits die hard, but our development of some of the 23 to 26 years old has been woeful.
Is it development or recruiting? Look at all the busts we have in that age group. You can only polish a... you know.

I also dont think the point is getting through. Our forward woes arent Mccarthys fault. He along with Walters are the only decent pieces we have up there, they arent the final pieces though.

I just hate how I knew in my gut Kersten was going to be a spud early. ALso the Tabs fanbois have forgotten the countless wafl level 'tall' men we have given way to long over the journey. The answer to our forward woes isnt in the team yet so thats a positive at least, I don know who it is but its going to be so exciting when we finally get him and its going to be obvious to us all.

Is it development or recruiting? Look at all the busts we have in that age group. You can only polish a... you know.

I also dont think the point is getting through. Our forward woes arent Mccarthys fault. He along with Walters are the only decent pieces we have up there, they arent the final pieces though.

I just hate how I knew in my gut Kersten was going to be a spud early. ALso the Tabs fanbois have forgotten the countless wafl level 'tall' men we have given way to long over the journey. The answer to our forward woes isnt in the team yet so thats a positive at least, I don know who it is but its going to be so exciting when we finally get him and its going to be obvious to us all.

Again IMO tanner smith would've been better in the forwards back up ruck than Tabbener would ever make but Ross not a fan boy of tanner but is of Tabbener,we no how that all worked out.

Yeah I think our developments been alright (namely when S.lloyd was running the show) but is lagging behind a bit now (managements fault for not identifying a good replacement).drafting not so much.
Also concur on Tabs...hes barely average and is merely a dtop gap , nothing more...desperately need to draft a decent and TRUE kpf as well as bring M Mcgovern back into the fold

Imagine if we had Jeremy Mcgovern in our forward line our players have no problem kicking it to him.
But in saying that he would be wasting away at Peel if we drafted him. Too unfit to be running backwards, sideways, forward, diagonally backwards, diagonally forward, straight to fit Lyons structures.

Imagine if we had Jeremy Mcgovern in our forward line our players have no problem kicking it to him.
But in saying that he would be wasting away at Peel if we drafted him. Too unfit to be running backwards, sideways, forward, diagonally backwards, diagonally forward, straight to fit Lyons structures.

He'd still find it hard. And Mitch McGovern would be half the player at Freo than he is at Adelaide.

What are the biggest limitations of the list in your opinion?[/
Through a combination of bad luck and bad decisions here are the last ten years 1st round picks
G Louge
H Bennell * traded 1st to GC
L Weller
M Apeness
J Simpson
T Sheridan
J Pitt
A Morabito
S Hill
R Palmer
At this stage we have got good value out of 2 from 10 a look through the players we could of had is pointless but that would have to be the least production out of 10yrs 1st rounders as there is in the league and is it any wonder or KPP stocks are in the toilet
Our evaluation of WA players has been terrible as well there are dozens of missed opportunities running around for other teams , half today's team is filled with blokes we missed and had to trade back here.
I'm no guru with the list mgmt stuff but some of our contracting choices have been hard to understand 4 yr deals for blokes no one was chasing , getting on or coat tail riders
Anyway like the boy with the barrow we have the job in front of us

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Like walters did ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think its safe to say guys like sheridan and sutcliffe are just done and have no future in this league just completely woeful. Hoping we make some bold list management decisions at the end of the season and get rid of dead wood.

Guys like griffin, suttcliffe, sheridan, d pearce, ibbotson are done as afl footballers as far as im concerned.

Shame with sheridan, few years ago i thought he was going to be a good player but has decided to put his focus into selling sunglasses instead. Distracted and needs to make a change quick or his gig at afl level is over.

I agree with all of that but with our current list, what are our limitations? Where are our weaknesses? Forget about missed trades and unlucky drafts, in what areas is our list worse than other lists in 2017? That's what I meant.

All sooooo depressingly true...especially missing the wa talent...in an atea of need ...and not requiring overly high picks.
Since 2014 its been better....but man are we paying for our drafting 09-13 , along with a near non existent/flawed trading strategy

I agree with all of that but with our current list, what are our limitations? Where are our weaknesses? Forget about missed trades and unlucky drafts, in what areas is our list worse than other lists in 2017? That's what I meant.
I ll have a try tho Cant be bothered going right into it
Namely the trading away of our 2nd rounder 2 years in a row when its landed not far off our firsts in seasons past has meant some crafty trading is required
Lloyd did ok last year but your kidding yourself if you think luck didnt play a big part in it (I mean getting pick 23 for mayne ffs!!!)
Put that in perspective we had 23 last year we prob , imo, draft Shai bolten ...and have an exceptionally talented small forwad replacement. This years im not too up to date with latest hopefuls but looking at it we probs be able to snavel ourselves a good hbf...another area of desperate need.Theres two potential solutions to holes in our list

I think its safe to say guys like sheridan and sutcliffe are just done and have no future in this league just completely woeful. Hoping we make some bold list management decisions at the end of the season and get rid of dead wood.

Guys like griffin, suttcliffe, sheridan, d pearce, ibbotson are done as afl footballers as far as im concerned.

Shame with sheridan, few years ago i thought he was going to be a good player but has decided to put his focus into selling sunglasses instead. Distracted and needs to make a change quick or his gig at afl level is over.

I don't quite agree re: Sutty. I think if he goes to a team where he can play predominantly midfield then he can be a very handy player.

I don't quite agree re: Sutty. I think if he goes to a team where he can play predominantly midfield then he can be a very handy player.
Well that would be good for us, atleast we could get something for him. Maybe a late 3rd.

I ll have a try tho Cant be bothered going right into it
Namely the trading away of our 2nd rounder 2 years in a row when its landed not far off our firsts in seasons past has meant some crafty trading is required
Lloyd did ok last year but your kidding yourself if you think luck didnt play a big part in it (I mean getting pick 23 for mayne ffs!!!)
Put that in perspective we had 23 last year we prob , imo, draft Shai bolten ...and have an exceptionally talented small forwad replacement. This years im not too up to date with latest hopefuls but looking at it we probs be able to snavel ourselves a good hbf...another area of desperate need.Theres two potential solutions to holes in our list

So small forward and half back?

Agree, definitely some deficiencies there. Along with a KF.

From today's side to fill those gaps we have;

Small forward: Deluca and Bennell with an aged Balla.
HBF: Duman and Hughes
KF: Tabs, Strnadica, Ueber and Ape.

I think our draft/trade shopping list is becoming pretty clear.

This is a scary insight into what life post-Sandi might be like. Cannot buy a clearance without the big fella in there, even with our supposedly blue chip midfield.

Yes and no really. It's such a problem for us because Sandi is so dominant that it'd be ******* stupid to centre our strategy around losing the tap. It'll take an offseason and probably a decent chunk of games to adjust when he does finally go but I don't think it'll be that hapless.

If he had been drafted by another team and played under a different system maybe, but he's been under Ross for too long to know how to Football anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back