No Oppo Supporters The Melt Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being WAFL player of the week means stuff all to the MC if the player doesn't follow team instructions. .

We get it you don't like Taberner. But if you're saying he played badly last week you're a dead set idiot.

And you really have no idea if he's following team instructions or not.

We get it you don't like Taberner. But if you're saying he played badly last week you're a dead set idiot.

And you really have no idea if he's following team instructions or not.

Your calling me an idiot and your basing your opinion from 500 klm's away without seeing the game. FFS grow up.;)

Your calling me an idiot and your basing your opinion from 500 klm's away without seeing the game. FFS grow up.;)

It's not an opinion that he was BOG last week chief. He was named BOG by Peel, and BOG in the league by the WAFL.

We already know you don't like him so anything you have to say on the subject can be safely ignored. And the fact that you attend Peel matches doesn't mean you know a single thing about football. It just means you live close to the ground. Congratulations for that.

He has as much of an idea of what Hayden said to Tabs as you do.

Might want to take your own advice. Your dislike for Tabs has been apparent for a while, so you don't really have much credibility here

What an absolute wank this is. Let's lavish praise on ******* Kersten for 8 disposals and 1 goal and continue to name the spud while a guy kicks 11 goals in 2 games for Peel and doesn't get recalled to the senior side.

* that s**t for a joke. Ross Lyon is clearly averse to scoring and given we are the second worst scoring team in the league this season, surely it would be important to play someone that at least has presence in our forward line (Tabs) as opposed to the great limp lettuce leaf (Kersten).

The ironic thing is that I said back in 2011 when Ross Lyon took over that high scoring wasn't going to occur regularly and for a while I was proven wrong. The last 3 years however, yeah I think I might be ending up right after all.

What a ******* wank of a selection this is.....Ross Lyon has lost every credit point he may have had with me and this week's selection just confirms it.

He has as much of an idea of what Hayden said to Tabs as you do.

Might want to take your own advice. Your dislike for Tabs has been apparent for a while, so you don't really have much credibility here

I don't dislike Tabs, at the minute he isn't doing whats needed to get a game. He has had 5 years to get it right . If you can't grasp that fact then your football knowledge must come into serious doubt.;).

PS every one at Leederville could hear what Haydn said.

I don't dislike Tabs, at the minute he isn't doing whats needed to get a game. He has had 5 years to get it right . If you can't grasp that fact then your football knowledge must come into serious doubt.;).

Yep. A full forward kicking 16 goals straight in the last 5 games. Definitely not doing the Freo thing.

Yep you're right. Every post on this you s**t on Tabs but you don't dislike him. :thumbsu:

As for my football knowledge, I can pick a bullshit artist when he opens his mouth and I'm looking fair and square at Lyon. He's picking a dud forward line, week in and week out and you just keep drinking the koolaid.

Facts are Tabs is a more effective and more efficient forward than either Kersten or McCarthy. Just because he's not another Pav, doesn't mean he shouldn't get picked ON MERIT before either of those two

Tabs was s**t first half last week. Maybe if he puts in a full game and plays to instructions he will get a re call. Roger Haydn gives the feed back on the WAFL boys. His spray at half time should have alerted us about Tabs missing this week.

Do you know what area of his game he was wanting him to improve.? It is always difficult when you aren't at the game. Scores can be deceptive. I would like your opinion

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep you're right. Every post on this you s**t on Tabs but you don't dislike him. :thumbsu:

As for my football knowledge, I can pick a bullshit artist when he opens his mouth and I'm looking fair and square at Lyon. He's picking a dud forward line, week in and week out and you just keep drinking the koolaid.

Facts are Tabs is a more effective and more efficient forward than either Kersten or McCarthy. Just because he's not another Pav, doesn't mean he shouldn't get picked ON MERIT before either of those two

Piss of with the Koolaid term. Saying some one drinks koolaid because they don't agree with you is juvenile . I don't agree with your opinion on Tabs and Lyon ,get over it . Its an opinion forum.

Piss of with the Koolaid term. Saying some one drinks koolaid because they don't agree with you is juvenile . I don't agree with your opinion on Tabs and Lyon ,get over it . Its an opinion forum.

You attack others who hold a different opinion and yet you are so sensitive when you get challenged.

As I said before, take your own advice and if cannot handle having your comments challenged then 'opinion forums' are beyond you

Do you know what area of his game he was wanting him to improve.? It is always difficult when you aren't at the game. Scores can be deceptive. I would like your opinion
I was at the game and Tabs took some easy uncontested marks and kicked straight.Stats suggest a much more dominant game than I witnessed,except for the third quarter where he did put it together.
I'm guessing it's still the lack of fire in the contest.There may also be running patterns,second efforts,pressure inside 50 but looks to me they want improvement in his aggression at the ball.Perhaps particularly in marking contests but I think it's a general thing.I actually believe Ross recognises that his best is good enough and is trying to get him there.
I think they're setting the bar high for Tabs because they figure without the changes he won't make it but if he can make them he'll be an asset and long term keeper.
That's my guess. Dunno if salim agrees?
Not melting much as counterweight to those who melt across all threads.

I was at the game and Tabs took some easy uncontested marks and kicked straight.Stats suggest a much more dominant game than I witnessed,except for the third quarter where he did put it together.
I'm guessing it's still the lack of fire in the contest.There may also be running patterns,second efforts,pressure inside 50 but looks to me they want improvement in his aggression at the ball.Perhaps particularly in marking contests but I think it's a general thing.I actually believe Ross recognises that his best is good enough and is trying to get him there.
I think they're setting the bar high for Tabs because they figure without the changes he won't make it but if he can make them he'll be an asset and long term keeper.
That's my guess. Dunno if salim agrees?
Not melting much as counterweight to those who melt across all threads.

I'd say one of the biggest things Tabs needs to improve is his mental application across the whole game. He continually needs a rev up at half time at Peel and other than the odd game at AFL level he's drifted along without being able to hold his spot in the team.

The forward/second ruck spot was his to own earlier this year. But he couldn't get the job done. He effectively handed the role to Cox on a platter. He's bloody lucky that Cox seems to have handed it back after initially grasping it with both hands.

Matthew Taberner is one hundredth the player Luke Ball was. Get a grip people.

Fwiw I reckon he deserves another callup, but ffs he's just not that good. Certainly not worth melting over. The way he's being talked up ATM is bewildering.

And I reckon there's zero% chance another team would pick him up if we delist him this year. They'd prefer their chances in he draft.

You realise you can't lie about it when there's a highlights package of his game from the WAFL right?

He took at least 3 contested marks just in that highlights reel.

This is why nobody believes a thing that the "Peel watchers" say. Because you're absolutely full of s**t.

http://www.wafootball.com.au/news/12918/waflcomau-team-and-player-of-round-17
33 seconds, 43 seconds, 54 seconds. 3 contested marks.

I guess despite being "at the game" as you love to remind everyone every day, you don't watch or you don't have a clue.

He did say that Tabs put it together in the third. I think you are being a biot over the top with the criticisms of his post. He wasn't being unreasonable

He did say that Tabs put it together in the third. I think you are being a biot over the top with the criticisms of his post. He wasn't being unreasonable

Yeah nah. This is what he said:

"I was at the game and Tabs took some easy uncontested marks and kicked straight."

Clearly he didn't watch the game because Tabs kicked at least 2 of his goals from contested marks and took a third in that video which resulted in another shot on goal for Peel.

These guys are adamant that they are the only people that know the truth because they go to games. They literally rub the fact that they watched the games live in everyone's face every week and suggest they know it all. So when there's video directly contradicting their bullshit you better believe I'm going to point it out.

Can we melt different players or assistant coach for a change .

Yeah nah. This is what he said:

"I was at the game and Tabs took some easy uncontested marks and kicked straight."

Clearly he didn't watch the game because Tabs kicked at least 2 of his goals from contested marks and took a third in that video which resulted in another shot on goal for Peel.

These guys are adamant that they are the only people that know the truth because they go to games. They literally rub the fact that they watched the games live in everyone's face every week and suggest they know it all. So when there's video directly contradicting their bullshit you better believe I'm going to point it out.

Ok but what he said wasn't untrue. I also saw Tabs taking uncontested marks and I saw him take contested ones as well.

I've posted stuff on being at the games before myself. You do see a different perspective and its very much worth keeping that in mind. Being at the game gives you a wider view of events and you can see patterns and analyse events that you don't get from TV. The TV gives you more detail but only within a very narrow focus.

From that point of view scon raises a very valid point. Its worth watching it live and then on the TV. Sometimes it can look like 2 different games

Does Tabs only beat spud defenders or defensive set ups at WAFL level like he does at AFL. Has he ever once pulled Peel over the line cuz he hasnt done anything but down hill ski for Freo.

He was pretty much the reason we beat Essendon this year so again another bunch of bullshit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back