No Oppo Supporters The Melt Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

100 point smashing at home.... pretty much tells us Ross Lyon is out of his depth in the new age of footy.

Medical/fitness team needs a roast as well because we fall off like there is no tomorrow towards end of season.

I don't really find the celebration embarrassing or cringe. A few minutes of homage to a ground we all would of had countless memories at and have been playing at for the longest time - regardless of todays' result it seems only fair. Get over it.

Sorry about that. For a second I thought I was in the Melt thread.

The players faces certainly looked embarrassed.

I sit near the players race and people were cheering them off with gusto.

I enjoyed the Subi highlights video on the big screen but did the players need to be doing a lap of honour at the time?

100 point smashing at home.... pretty much tells us Ross Lyon is out of his depth in the new age of footy.

Medical/fitness team needs a roast as well because we fall off like there is no tomorrow towards end of season.

A lot of this is because of Ross Lyon's game plan too. Makes the players work too hard for very little reward.

But the medical team deserves a roast purely because of the amount of times we've played players while injured and seen them recur injuries. 5 years in a row of having the worst injury list in the comp is not a coincidence.

I enjoyed the Subi highlights video on the big screen but did the players need to be doing a lap of honour at the time?

Of course they did. When players retire and play their last game they do it - although not exactly the same circumstances but similar this is the players last game at the ground. They're entitled to. Most of them would of had moments on that ground that they would cherish forever - whether it's where they debuted', got their first win, played their first final or played their best game. It's bigger than we think and not just them doing it because they had to.

Of course they did. When players retire and play their last game they do it - although not exactly the same circumstances but similar this is the players last game at the ground. They're entitled to. Most of them would of had moments on that ground that they would cherish forever - whether it's where they debuted', got their first win, played their first final or played their best game. It's bigger than we think and not just them doing it because they had to.

Selective quoting of my post. Were you at the game and did you see/hear the crowd as they walked off?

We've got a track record of celebrating things that we shouldn't have before and I'm not a fan.

Being there at the players race it was most certainly embarrassing.

Let's face it. On current form we are the worst team in the competition. Our percentage is now the worst in the comp and lower than our season end last year.
Next year I think it's going to be more of the same except we will be last or second last. Is going to get worse before it gets better.

Let's face it. On current form we are the worst team in the competition. Our percentage is now the worst in the comp and lower than our season end last year.
Next year I think it's going to be more of the same except we will be last or second last. Is going to get worse before it gets better.

If we are going to totally suck again hopefully it's bad enough to get pick 1-2 and get the young CHF from SA.
* this pick 5 no mans land nonsense.

Selective quoting of my post. Were you at the game and did you see/hear the crowd as they walked off?

We've got a track record of celebrating things that we shouldn't have before and I'm not a fan.

Being there at the players race it was most certainly embarrassing.

Not really selective quoting - not being at the game myself I'm just giving my two cents on the only comment by you that I can. I just think from my POV that today's game is clouding something that in years to come will be reflected on as a more memorable moment. Over time the loss will get less attached and important to the memory of playing your last game at Domain.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not really selective quoting - not being at the game myself I'm just giving my two cents on the only comment by you that I can. I just think from my POV that today's game is clouding something that in years to come will be reflected on as a more memorable moment. Over time the loss will get less attached and important to the memory of playing your last game at Domain.

Honestly in my mind I doubt it. The fact that it was the last game at Subi and this was the result makes it sting more.

NN
I would hope not. If we haven't already bottomed out, some people are in big trouble of losing their jobs. With Blakely, Neale, Sandilands, Walters to come back, we will improve.

Sorry about that. For a second I thought I was in the Melt thread.

The players faces certainly looked embarrassed.

I sit near the players race and people were cheering them off with gusto.

I hope that's not true....that people would actually cheer the players off with gusto after "that" display.

If that is true, those supporters deserve a good ******* rocket up their arse as well.

Supporters are part of the problem, too easily ******* satisfied with mediocrity and happy that we "participated." I mean, are you ******* serious?

Members/Supporters should be demanding excellence. We follow this team week in and week out and people cheer mediocre performances...they are part of the problem that is inflicting this club.

Our only triple figure loss to an interstate team at Subi I think. I can't recall another. What a way to go out.

EDIT: I did have a bad feeling when I saw old mate Leigh Fisher was umpiring. And Dalgleish. In the end Hosking was worse but LF/JD should not umpire Fremantle games. Period.

Has there been another team that has lost by 100 pts this season? I get the feeling we're the only one and we've done it three times.

We can't even win the ball anymore.

Tell me why the * we pissed Michael Barlow off and kept hacks like Suban and Sutcliffe, who are playing in the centre square and couldn't win a single contested ball to save their lives. Madness.

Why do we instruct our players to all go for the ball leaving no one on the outside and every single bloody time the ball always comes out to the opposition, who then waltz it into their forward 50??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back