No Oppo Supporters The Melt Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am going with this, I am strangely calm at the moment, won't be if nothing changes in selection next week though!!

I hope he picked people like Clarke, Sutcliffe, Pearce and Suban today just so on the review he can say; "This is why you're s**t and being replaced"

We cant play attacking footy, we dont have the players to do so. Sandi will be a big in next week and hopefully we can dominate clearances and play our brand not Hawthorns (we cant kick). Fyfe needs to be dominate for us to win just like the first half of last year.

If we want more run out of defence we can't play Spurr, Ibbo, Sutcliffe and Clancy down back. We need to put Hill back and even Harley to get some run.

It's not doom and gloom but if we cant improve our decision making it's going to be tough.

Keep playing the old guard , their stats will be pretty good, d.Pearce and mayne actually do really well, our game style is good .:rolleyes:

Midfield set up is predicatable, the backline looks too soft, easy to score against.Its time to blood some new players with skills, and hardness at the contest.
We are looking Old.

People on here don't like it... But the sheer below average play and skills of our group of usual suspects is once again on display. Today it is magnified due to our top liners playing average. This would be a lot worse if the dogs had taken some easy opportunities. They've missed about ten goals they would normally kick.

Suban - mz - c & d Pearce - Mayne and ballas today. Have all made errors that have killed our transition at key times. And especially in the first quarter. Disgraceful players. Could probably add Barlow too. I know players make skill errors. The problem with most of the above is that they are one constant skill error. They're errors remove any argument of fitness or pressure as they cause our guys to run twice as much.

I've seen enough.

Out: C Pearce, Mzungu, Sutcliffe, Griffin, Taberner.

In: Blakely, Langdon, Tucker Sandilands, A Pearce.

Johnson for Spurr if fit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Something that pisses me off about Ross Lyon is his inability to shut down oppositions rebounding defenders. How many times have Birchall/Suckling/Johannisen/Murhpy/Brodie Smith killed us? Look at the stats, yet again Boyd, Murphy, Johannisen and Suckling got plenty of it. Inexcusable that every single one of them got so much of the ball, poor coaching and dreadful by our forwards to not bother doing anything to stop it. Ballas is Murphy's bitch every year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back