No Oppo Supporters The Melt Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's our best player bar none.
There's overrating but that's simply ridiculous. Neale has a lot to work on re his defensive side. He racks up plenty of ball but those 35 possies usually add about a 200-300m gain and many are gathered cheap around half back. He had 1 tackle in Rnd1, poor disposal and plenty of clangers and everyone raved about his game. He was actually better this week, had 3-4 tackles in the first quarter. Valid point to question the defensive side of his game I think. He's improved over the years but not to the extent he's our best player just yet.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

There's overrating but that's simply ridiculous. Neale has a lot to work on re his defensive side. He racks up plenty of ball but those 35 possies usually add about a 200-300m gain and many are gathered cheap around half back. He had 1 tackle in Rnd1, poor disposal and plenty of clangers and everyone raved about his game. He was actually better this week, had 3-4 tackles in the first quarter. Valid point to question the defensive side of his game I think. He's improved over the years but not to the extent he's our best player just yet.

Consistency is so important and Neale is definitely our most consistent player. We definitely have more damaging players but they can drift out and have form slumps. I think it's a bit offensive for you to say that he gets cheap possessions. He's one of the highest contested ballball winning players in the league. He also broke the all time AFL record for disposals, which he only held for a year.

I don't get the defensive comment. Is Fyfe good defensively? Hell no! Maybe Neale isn't our best player (though you could definitely argue he has been over last 3 years), but he's a bloody ripper nonetheless.

Consistency is so important and Neale is definitely our most consistent player. We definitely have more damaging players but they can drift out and have form slumps. I think it's a bit offensive for you to say that he gets cheap possessions. He's one of the highest contested ballball winning players in the league. He also broke the all time AFL record for disposals, which he only held for a year.

I don't get the defensive comment. Is Fyfe good defensively? Hell no! Maybe Neale isn't our best player (though you could definitely argue he has been over last 3 years), but he's a bloody ripper nonetheless.
Now, I agree he's probably our most consistent player and a little ripper. Lachie himself has spoken about improving the defensive side of his game. He does get a lot of ball and give and get handballs around half back which is not necessarily bad in itself. Think we have a lot more damaging mids especially by foot but they are prone to occasional brain farts. Fyfe is tagged and molested every game so couldn't compare stat wise.

Anyone want to defend this one?

Doubt it.

I don't think it's that bad.

Not a fan of Sheridan but I think it was always going to be between him and DPearce. They probably still looking for more from Tucker in WAFL. Sheridan hasn't played yet this year so I think it's worth giving him a crack - this is his career on the line so let's see what he can do.

This thread when we lose:

Ross is behind the ball tampering scandal
Ross expelled the Russians
Menegnola should still be here
RTB is a Nazi because of his press conferences
Ross has 0 clue on how to select and develop youth
Ross gets selection / game-plan interventions from his wife and the leadership group

When we win:

tumbleweed-on-road.jpg.653x0_q80_crop-smart.jpg
If Ross can expel the russians from Ukraine, he will be a hero

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think it's that bad.

Not a fan of Sheridan but I think it was always going to be between him and DPearce. They probably still looking for more from Tucker in WAFL. Sheridan hasn't played yet this year so I think it's worth giving him a crack - this is his career on the line so let's see what he can do.

What does old Rossy have against Duman though , about time my buddy got a go I'd say

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back