No Oppo Supporters The Melt Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
HOW did fyfe get injured? Am I a paranoid conspiracy theorist.? Or does fyfe get sniped out of our games and gets no protection from the umpires? Is there any footage from all the games he gets corked or taken out of games?

He's been carrying an injury all preseason, it was obvious in the NAB cup.

Sandi, A Pearce, Bennell (ASAP), MJ, Morabito (ASAP), Langdon, Blakely and I reckon even Tucker.

Big call but I think Pav has to go to CHB or retire.

Out Clarke, Barlow, Mzungu, C Pearce, Mayne, Suban for a start.

We are in for some pain, now we'll see what Ross can do when he has to rebuild on the fly. If he sticks with the tried and true then its insane.

I don't totally agree re: Pav but otherwise you and I are on the same page.

I totally agree with your ins and also your outs. The outs have had more than enough opportunities to become top players and they haven't been able to in the last 2 years.

If Fyfe misses next week which I think he will, then Barlow most likely gets a reprieve.

We'll likely beat GC at home. But if that's what two or so pre seasons of decision making and skills practice brings - wowee!

Bulldogs depth exposes us as well. Johanisen, McLean, Biggs, Daniel. Skilled pacy players we just don't seem to unearth enough of.

Sandilands emphasises his importance. Clarke lost something? Can't jump over Roughead in the centre square.

Effort wasn't there sure. But Hawks et al show effort is not enough, need efficiency and where is that coming. I'll go turn the broken record over now.

Really don't want to apologise for Clarke but he may have received a considerable corkey at the first bounce.

Man that was terrible, they have zero confidence and look confused taking a kick. Our switches of play are so so slow, they are shutdown so quickly. No cohesive play whatsoever. Our players are almost in the clear when the brainless always move the ball back into traffic.

I was horrified when I saw the stat before the game that we were ranked 18th in the comp last year at ball movement from half back.

In a performance based culture for picking players that we have, a loss like this is the perfect impetus to drop players for those pushing for selection from below without breaking spirits and having people question loyalties. It's actually good it happened this early on, because it gives us an idea where we stand and make decisions about going rebuild or making a tilt for it.

Perhaps, while the language is that we're still in it to win it, the contract extension has given Ross license to slide to climb again. We'll know what the mindset is when we see the selections next week.

To be honest, can anyone see who we can plug in (that are available next week) who will deliver better? We'll need to cop the slide either way, so we may as well give the the young ones experience, I suppose.

Man that was terrible, they have zero confidence and look confused taking a kick. Our switches of play are so so slow, they are shutdown so quickly. No cohesive play whatsoever. Our players are almost in the clear when the brainless always move the ball back into traffic.

This is what frustrated me the most (apart from the poor skills). We've never been known for our high footy IQ out there but today was just bizarre how many times we did that. We train at getting out of congestion more than any single area of play and yet, it made no difference.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Something that pisses me off about Ross Lyon is his inability to shut down oppositions rebounding defenders. How many times have Birchall/Suckling/Johannisen/Murhpy/Brodie Smith killed us? Look at the stats, yet again Boyd, Murphy, Johannisen and Suckling got plenty of it. Inexcusable that every single one of them got so much of the ball, poor coaching and dreadful by our forwards to not bother doing anything to stop it. Ballas is Murphy's bitch every year.
Yet we have the best defensive forward...

Not an excuse but could the 10am start have hurt us a little bit? We took a while to at least look like we were getting going. Our first quarter effort was almost non existent. No excuse but would explain a bit

They're professional athletes. If the game was at midnight, they should've been ready.

Put simply, the Bulldogs have improved from last year. We haven't.

We had one new face out there so I'm not sure where we thought our improvement would come from?

Some have trying to politely say this but it's hard after a successful run. It's hard to make whole sale changes now, lots of clubs seem to have gone lighter and quicker with better skills ala Hawks, we put beep tests ahead of all other. You can not run as fast as an accurate kick hand ball.
I'm Clarke fan but he's gone backwards but why, same with other players. It's still early days but it could go pear shaped. Let's hope Sandi stays afloat because from our ruck depth unless Clarke lifts or Appness steps up where in trouble.
Fyfe looks hurt but you can see how much he's required on all 8 cylinders or we are f..ked.

You realise that the Bulldogs have had a pretty good stint at the bottom of the ladder for a while? Their top 10 talent is coming into their prime, and good on them for developing their youth well.

Stephen Hill was top 3 and looking worth it, not sure why he got dominated by a 2nd year fringe 22 player. Should be putting guys like that to the sword.

For those calling for Tanner Smith, let me set your mind at ease - he is absolutely a downgrade on Taberner as a forward, and his disposal is not good enough as a back. I would be looking more at Alex Pearce, Sam Collins and even Matthew Uebergang if we want to upgrade skills.

It was 1pm over there :)

There's always one. I'm just curious. Players may have been mentally perpared but would they have been as physically perpared for a full game to start if it was at 1pm our time.

You hear a lot of talk from players in the EPL questioning the midday kick offs as they can't get their full preperation in as they would for a 3pm game. But I guess with England there is no time differences to worry about - least of all a 3 hour difference

Someone posted last week about the left and right side of the brain theory breaking up being instinctual (attacking) and methodical (defensive). Thought it was pretty evident today that everyone's minds were ticking over resulting in poor unnatural skills

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk
That post was from me, thanks for mentioning it.

Unfortunately I agree with you - I saw no creative flow today from our players whatsoever, and if my earlier 'divided brain' post was correct then changing one player for another will only have a limited effect in the short term.

Next week I will go with a.Pearce , Clarke/ ruck forward , tab in the forward line. Pav don't need to play clearly carrying some niggles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back