Status
Not open for further replies.

Docker82

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 21, 2013
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
I'd rate our list around 8-12. Next year with more experience I don't think it falls into that bracket. We can't have another 2017/18.

Yes there are holes and some suspect drafting could really **** us and turn our peak (if that ever comes) into 4-6 rather than guaranteed top 4, but there's enough talent to justify a challenge for the top 8 with a mostly fit best 22.

Our best 22 looks ok like most teams but boy it falls away quickly.

Those youngsters who’ve played more than 15 games this year are probably long term AFL players. The others with exceptions for injuries (Darcy, Logue, did Blakely play that many?) etc are probably not. An exception or two not in brackets probably surprises us next year.

We should improve next year marginally imo. Maybe not playing WAFL finals and having youngsters who’d otherwise playing there having a longer pre season might be a blessing in disguise.

Outshined

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 12, 2009
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
I agree but the bolded bit is crucial and if we dont significant changes/improvements to our sports science dept it just won’t happen.

We fix that area up, it’ll get us more wins but if we don’t improve our coaching dept, it’ll all be for nought. Our current coaching team is not good enough to deliver finals success let alone a premiership imo

Fully agree on both counts.

Rosich has at least acknowledged today that our S&C work is seriously poor. To be reviewed post season but I won't hold my breath for any meaningful changes. You never know though!

We simply can't retain the current coaching structure. Ross is staying for 2019, so if they're going to back him, they may as well do it properly and give him some decent help.

Our best 22 looks ok like most teams but boy it falls away quickly.

Those youngsters who’ve played more than 15 games this year are probably long term AFL players. The others with exceptions for injuries (Darcy, Logue, did Blakely play that many?) etc are probably not. An exception or two not in brackets probably surprises us next year.

We should improve next year marginally imo. Maybe not playing WAFL finals and having youngsters who’d otherwise playing there having a longer pre season might be a blessing in disguise.

I'd say our best 22 is a pretty decent outfit tbh. Granted depth does fall pretty quickly as it does for most "rebuilding" sides, which is where I hope at least one minor positive from this year is that the likes of Giro, Crowden, Duman, Banfield etc will benefit from a good number of games and kick on in the next 2 years.
I'm not confident though. We have to nail our first round pick this year and hope that we can get some value from trades to get back into the 2nd/3rd round.

As Scham said above, the underlying issue is also coaching. We do have to question whether our current set up is going to bring the best out of our players.

apuchar

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 21, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Football Club
backline outs

Hill
Pearce wilson
Ryan Hamling Logue

added to that Peace wasn't strong enough for Hawkins
Blakely allows S Hill to rotate through the midfield (extra rotation)
Blakely allows Mundy to go forward and allows us to use a fresh Mundy in the midfield in the last quarter.
No Bennell
Walters out of the forward line because of most of the reasons above. it goes on...

Scham

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2004
AFL Club
Fremantle
Fully agree on both counts.

Rosich has at least acknowledged today that our S&C work is seriously poor. To be reviewed post season but I won't hold my breath for any meaningful changes. You never know though!

We simply can't retain the current coaching structure. Ross is staying for 2019, so if they're going to back him, they may as well do it properly and give him some decent help.

I'd say our best 22 is a pretty decent outfit tbh. Granted depth does fall pretty quickly as it does for most "rebuilding" sides, which is where I hope at least one minor positive from this year is that the likes of Giro, Crowden, Duman, Banfield etc will benefit from a good number of games and kick on in the next 2 years.
I'm not confident though. We have to nail our first round pick this year and hope that we can get some value from trades to get back into the 2nd/3rd round.

As Scham said above, the underlying issue is also coaching. We do have to question whether our current set up is going to bring the best out of our players.

I hadn’t heard that. A good sign but lets see. Actions speak louder than words.

Last edited:
I'd rate our list around 8-12. Next year with more experience I don't think it falls into that bracket. We can't have another 2017/18.

Yes there are holes and some suspect drafting could really **** us and turn our peak (if that ever comes) into 4-6 rather than guaranteed top 4, but there's enough talent to justify a challenge for the top 8 with a mostly fit best 22.
8-12? That's like one off 9-11.

I feel like we are a bottom 4 club at the moment. Carlton, Saints, Gold Coast. Everyone else looks better run than us. From coaching to management.

Maybe better than Kangaroos.

Can anyone put up an argument that we are better run than any other club?

So if we are a bottom 4 club currently 5/6th bottom, who at the club is exceeding expectations? Because if everything looks better for all those clubs why aren't they getting more success/winning more games? Are we just lucky to win games and they are unlucky?

In my opinion, North, Port, Adelaide, Brisbane, Geelong and Dogs all have issues that are stopping them from succeeding (be that coach, list management or S&C). We 're in with all those teams (as well as the 3 you mentioned).

apuchar

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 21, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Football Club
So if we are a bottom 4 club currently 5/6th bottom, who at the club is exceeding expectations? Because if everything looks better for all those clubs why aren't they getting more success/winning more games? Are we just lucky to win games and they are unlucky?

In my opinion, North, Port, Adelaide, Brisbane, Geelong and Dogs all have issues that are stopping them from succeeding (be that coach, list management or S&C). We 're in with all those teams (as well as the 3 you mentioned).
We have a mature core that had carried us through the first part of the year. Then fatigue and injuries hit. Our 8 wins were mainly in the first part of the season and include two wins against GC at home, two against Carlton. After the bye our season went to hell.

its free real estate

it's free real estate
Jul 30, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
We have a mature core that had carried us through the first part of the year. Then fatigue and injuries hit. Our 8 wins were mainly in the first part of the season and include two wins against GC at home, two against Carlton. After the bye our season went to hell.
I thought we only played GC once this year.

TheShardMan

Team Captain
Jun 28, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
* this game! * those w***er toffs! There's no justice in this world. * the pies! You had one job! *kkkk!

Lets see how hard these douchebags celebrate this win. Remember their last flag? Drugs breakdowns galore. Lol. Shall be looking on with interest.

Joeltownsmith

Team Captain
Mar 14, 2017
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Dall cowboys
So sick of being second fiddle in this ******* town, we suffer while these shitty freo players live it up over seas.

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
The fact West Coast has played in two GFs since 2013 is an indictment on the club. Haven’t changed the list until recently, Ross hasn’t changed much either. Hiring Hale and Guerra has been a joke.

blue shark

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2009
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Karma is non existent! I give up on that s**t from today. Do the wrong thing. Act like a s**t human. It’s all good. You’ll be rewarded if you follow the right team.
Life isn't fair, as a Freo supporter you should know this especially after the unsociable hawk saga.
We need to stop taking the high moral ground, and fight dirty.

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
They did it with Naitanui, Gaff and Sheppard out. On here the same quality being absent would be reason for a 10 goal thrashing.

We’re a s**t football club and it’s time to sharpen up.
Please with Ross, we ll do barely any changes.
Need to change the sports science department, the medical team. More behind the doors stuff.

We have no assistants that could walk up into the Afl as head coaches. We need types like Longmuir.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back