No Oppo Supporters The Melt Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

M_rash

Club Legend
Jan 20, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
We should delist Bennell and re-list Danyle Pearce. The ole BOMB IT LONG is back baby!!! Might as well bring back the best in the caper. Today’s game was exactly like the scratch match. Get ball. Kick ball. As long as possible. Intercept defenders are gonna dine out on us!

And our best small forward is injured. Cooked for the year with recurring hammies. Enter Schultz for JLT2.

Lobb is our best ruckman, but we’ll play him full forward. Cox is our best forward but we’ll play in defence. Cerra is one of our best mids, but we’ll play him in defence o_O

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers
god knows why people are meting on here over a pre-season game where guys like bewley, brayshaw and Banfield are testing their skills out.

2 years ago in a trial game, Langdon scored the match winning goal from a set shot against the maggies..

Some of you chaps have extreme when it comes to emotions. Early 2017, some of you crack the shits for losing to Port by 89 points.

6 days later, you chaps e elated after beating the dogs by 16 points.

Theres a good reason I rarely post this thread

M_rash

Club Legend
Jan 20, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
god knows why people are meting on here over a pre-season game where guys like bewley, brayshaw and Banfield are testing their skills out.

2 years ago in a trial game, Langdon scored the match winning goal from a set shot against the maggies..

Some of you chaps have extreme when it comes to emotions. Early 2017, some of you crack the shits for losing to Port by 89 points.

6 days later, you chaps e elated after beating the dogs by 16 points.

Theres a good reason I rarely post this thread
Melting about melters melting about nothing? I like it. Welcome to the melt thread. Melt on!!!

The melt thread is often to express irrational concerns that would otherwise derail proper threads. Enjoy and embrace it for what it is. If people are genuinely concerned about something, they’ll mention it in the proper threads.

Also, importantly, I think too many of our players wear fluoro boots!!! Getting ahead of themselves!!! Too much undeserved head wobble me thinks.

Nolo180

Club Legend
Sep 17, 2014
Somewhere in time
AFL Club
Fremantle
I get Ross wants to take advantage of the rule changes and move the ball into the F50 quick but geez wheres the plan B. Its only gonna work against the weaker teams at home the rest of the time were gonna get torched on the rebound by the better teams.

I get the boys are gonna be better for the hit out, it was a hot day, we were missing some key players blah blah blah but geez were not going anywhere without a decent game plan.

Im going to the game next week I hope they show some improvement in that area against a team I hate to say it have a good forward line and know how to use. Could be a blood bath if Gov and Barrass get the delivery we showed today.

Demons09

Premiership Player
Jan 12, 2009
rockingham
AFL Club
Fremantle
I get Ross wants to take advantage of the rule changes and move the ball into the F50 quick but geez wheres the plan B. Its only gonna work against the weaker teams at home the rest of the time were gonna get torched on the rebound by the better teams.

I get the boys are gonna be better for the hit out, it was a hot day, we were missing some key players blah blah blah but geez were not going anywhere without a decent game plan.

Im going to the game next week I hope they show some improvement in that area against a team I hate to say it have a good forward line and know how to use. Could be a blood bath if Gov and Barrass get the delivery we showed today.
It could well be a blood bath our % will be s**t.

blue shark

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2009
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
With Swit our injured, that means Ballas gets games. Not looking forward to that. He’s shot, in both confidence and age
If that is the case then its another nail in Ross's coffin, a guy who is lucky to kick a goal a game, Id rather give Sturt, Schultz a game.
If Stephenson can get games straight away, just using his weapons, but if Walters isn't forward, the coach has no idea. Robbing Peter to pay Paul
has to stop, we are doing no favours midfield/forward.

wild side

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 29, 2010
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Fremantle’s biggest issue
It remains, as it has for some time now, how poor they are with the ball in their hands compared with the best AFL teams. The Pies eventually did them in yesterday, not through superior effort, but through cleaner hands in heavy traffic and vastly superior foot skills. All the gun forwards in the world won’t save them if they can’t kick the ball better than they do at the moment.[/QUOTE]

Yep, and then again yep!! And even our best player is not a very good kick.
Fix this or die!

Scham

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2004
AFL Club
Fremantle
Fremantle’s biggest issue
It remains, as it has for some time now, how poor they are with the ball in their hands compared with the best AFL teams. The Pies eventually did them in yesterday, not through superior effort, but through cleaner hands in heavy traffic and vastly superior foot skills. All the gun forwards in the world won’t save them if they can’t kick the ball better than they do at the moment.

Yep, and then again yep!! And even our best player is not a very good kick.
Fix this or die![/QUOTE]

“Apparently” been a massive focus at training this preseason so it’s all good.

summerthebat

Premiership Player
Apr 8, 2007
Teenage Mountain
AFL Club
Fremantle
No obvious game plan, in fact it appears we are more than happy to be bombing it in.

Margin was inflated because they hardly missed from range, although we were probably forced to take our shots from difficult positions.

It looks the same as last year just with a slightly better team, but we won’t be able to take too many more injuries.

Players like Matera & Hughes seemingly have the appropriate skills to make it they just make dumb decisions constantly. I’m concerned because we have a history of playing well in the preseason, I don’t think Collingwood were that switched on or at least were a little surprised to see us tag their mids in a JLT match. There was no room for experimentation in that side, no North, no Schultz, Meek, Crowden, Watson.... so if we start getting pumped again early season, we’re going to make making changes on the run again. Instead we’re banking on Ballantyne & Matera again, both who are going backwards.

summerthebat

Premiership Player
Apr 8, 2007
Teenage Mountain
AFL Club
Fremantle
No I’m saying that I think that was us playing well, which is a long way off from finals football. I mean I expected that, I’m not really melting, I’d just love to be pleasantly surprised.

Docker82

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 21, 2013
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
We never seem to 'have the players'.

Did we have the cattle when Spurr, De Boer, Dawson, Suban, D Pearce and Mzungu were jogging out on Grand Final day?

SMGDH yo.
How many players can we realistically say are better than those who played their position in 2013?

Honestly reckon we could count them on one hand especially at the top end. That's the difference right there.

G Mus

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 30, 2015
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Juventus
Our backline makeup is pretty cooked with 666, almost all of the players are better interceptors or zone defenders than 1v1 players, I think we will let in some monster scores this season when teams invariably get a run on our midfield, I don't trust Ross and these players to adapt quick enough this year

Midnite65

Club Legend
Sep 27, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Philadelpia 76'ers
How many players can we realistically say are better than those who played their position in 2013?

Honestly reckon we could count them on one hand especially at the top end. That's the difference right there.

Our issue in 2013 was we only had 10 or so elite players, it was our bottom 10 players who were inferior to Hawthorn's

Docker82

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 21, 2013
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Our issue in 2013 was we only had 10 or so elite players, it was our bottom 10 players who were inferior to Hawthorn's
Absolutely correct but those 10 elite players got us to the Grand Final. Who are our best 10 now?

It isn't in the same ball park yet Ross is expected to be half decent with this list. We're 2-3 years away from our 2013 if everthing goes right.

tonygeeks

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 11, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
Absolutely correct but those 10 elite players got us to the Grand Final. Who are our best 10 now?

It isn't in the same ball park yet Ross is expected to be half decent with this list. We're 2-3 years away from our 2013 if everthing goes right.

I’m trying to give the Lyon bashing a rest but half decent 4 yrs into a rebuild is not too much to ask is it ?

Competitive most weeks , not gone by the bye and getting thumped towards the end of the year is all most of us want to see

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Docker82

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 21, 2013
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
I’m trying to give the Lyon bashing a rest but half decent 4 yrs into a rebuild is not too much to ask is it ?

Competitive most weeks , not gone by the bye and getting thumped towards the end of the year is all most of us want to see

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Holding our form to the end of the year is really the only change there. We’ve been in finals contention at the mid point the last two years.

I’ve kind of assumed this’ll just get better as the list gets better. Our 10-18 in the best 22 is reasonably strong but we need some of those players to push towards elite and depth in numbers 20-30 on the list. Injuries will always happen - we didn’t have that many more injuries than 2013 tbh. We need to be ready for them.

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards

Tbh this list has the makings of being better.
However it’s the De Boer, Suban, Crowley, Mzungu types that got us over the line. Fyfe/Barlow/Neale could do their own thing with them doing the hard work.
Now, Fyfe is expected to take this team on his back. There’s no blue collar players, as yet. Cerra, Brayshaw could be. But they’re expected to be elite ball users. Bewley, Tucker and Banfield can do this role.
Players have to step up when they’ve been passengers. Tucker especially
Be nice to just blood youth and back them. Schulz as small forward and Cerra in the middle. Not too much to ask for, is it?

Apr 7, 2010
West
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Brewers
With Swit our injured, that means Ballas gets games. Not looking forward to that. He’s shot, in both confidence and age

Ballas/Colyer/Matera is a very, very uninspiring collection of smalls.

Lachie Schultz is a mature-age small fwd with pace and good goal sense. with Switta out and Walters in the middle we better play him early on or i will have serious conniptions

EDIT: He's in the team this week! Meltdown momentarily averted. if he puts in a good showing then he should get a gig round 1, no arguments

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
Ballas/Colyer/Matera is a very, very uninspiring collection of smalls.

Lachie Schultz is a mature-age small fwd with pace and good goal sense. with Switta out and Walters in the middle we better play him early on or i will have serious conniptions

EDIT: He's in the team this week! Meltdown momentarily averted. if he puts in a good showing then he should get a gig round 1, no arguments
Exactly. Expecting Matera to be a goal sneak and kick 30. But gee that’s tough.

With 3 tall forwards, please play Walters in the forward pocket. His style is too much for the midfield. His talent and class is needed in the 50.

M_rash

Club Legend
Jan 20, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
Really don't get this Gaff handshake s**t. Really an invitation for opposition to do it again and again...
The media actually put those words into his mouth. It was the media that suggested it. Brayshaw basically said “if we line up next to each other, I’ll shake his hand like I do every opponent”. It then got blown out of proportion as he would actively seek him out to shake hands to avoid a civil war breaking out in WA.

My two cents on it is: Gaff f**ked up. Mr Brayshaw gave him an out by saying Brayshaw contributed to it. Gaff and The Eagles took that out and tried to run with it at the tribunal. Gaff and Eagles are both slimey f**ktards who tried to weasel out of it. Shaking hands would (in their eyes), validate that whole story - “what an unfortunate situation for both players” #poorgaff.

Gaff had his chance at the tribunal to just say “I stuffed up, im remorseful, and I apologise unreservedly to Brayshaw”. But instead he drags out junior cricketing character references, to the like never seen at the tribunal. True slime bag, asked for the minimum penalty of 3 or 4 weeks.

Meanwhile, Nyhuis got crucified for that tackle on Gray and basically just said sorry, didn’t mean any harm, I’ll accept whatever penalties comes. For a football action whilst Gaffs was far worse.

Pretty much sums up the media, and the character of the clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back