No Oppo Supporters The Melt Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Players like Matera & Hughes seemingly have the appropriate skills to make it they just make dumb decisions constantly. I’m concerned because we have a history of playing well in the preseason, I don’t think Collingwood were that switched on or at least were a little surprised to see us tag their mids in a JLT match. There was no room for experimentation in that side, no North, no Schultz, Meek, Crowden, Watson.... so if we start getting pumped again early season, we’re going to make making changes on the run again. Instead we’re banking on Ballantyne & Matera again, both who are going backwards.
Both these points are quintessential Lyon.

• Tagging in a pre-season game (WTF?) due to fear the game plan won't stand up, because it relies on his absolute best 22.
  • Failing to use the pre-season to experiment with the list, removing any debate or pressure on the incumbents, impeding natural list turnover and youth development.

tonygeeks

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 11, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
The last few posts is why the melt thread always seems like home to me

It's the ' beyond purple ' crisis hotline of the Freo BF board , the optimists own the preseason with their cutesy training reports and gushing best 22 threads but everyone knows RD1 onwards the melt thread is where all the best stuff happens

Long live* the melters

* stress is a well known killer .... let it out

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
I think I've been on the Ross' time is coming up bandwagon subconsciously for a little while now, but there is something about the way this list is coming together that I'm not really into as well now. We need a revelation in the midfield so badly now, like a Barlow 2.0 or something. Its feeling like the bottom half of the list is filling up with crap players from premiership/finals teams, I liked it better when we picked a gem Like Mzungu or Barlow with a late pick. I know we are still trying that, Hopefully Brady or someone pops up.

Benzi10

Senior List
Apr 23, 2014
Réunion island
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Olympique Lyonnais
So we were supposed to develop a game plan at the GC training camp. If we like to throw money on pointless s**t then i invite the club to come on my patio and "make it rain" on my garden gnome because it seems it will be as usefull as flying 3000 km to learn f**k all.

Last edited:

beetz

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 30, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
It’s gojng to be another long miserable year. Our same old shitty game plan is still getting a run. Ross is done. The new 666 rule is going to expose Ross and his game plan. He won’t be able to sit half the team behind the ball anymore.

Matera: this bloke is an absolute spud. He shouldn’t be anywhere near the best 22.

Ballantyne: the only reason that he is still getting a game is because there is actually someone shitter than he is. See above.

Forward line: it’s like watching king of the pack. EVERY player flying for the ball.

Cerra: nothing against him, but why the f*** is he not getting a run in the midfield?! He’s a supreme user of the footy and he is not put in a position to capstilise on that.

Hamling: what’s going on with him? He’s just going through the motions.

Team overall: simple skill errors such as hitting someone with a handball is absolutely inexcusable. So slow on transition. Same old switch kick at 45s giving the other team ample time to just jog the zone over and cover it.

Walters: he is not a midfielder. Play him forward where he belongs.

Giro: spud.

Sick and tired of this crap. Wonder how long it’ll be until the “rebuild” tripe is trotted out.

Oh and out strength and conditioning staff. Are they qualified at all, anyone checked their credentials?! Absolute joke. Surely our soft tissue injuries have been the worst in the league for a long time?

Last edited:

Hazelsnuts

Club Legend
Sep 17, 2016
The beach
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
North Beach. AIK Stockholm
Our club has been brilliant the past couple of off seasons luring WA talent home - we are apparently a destination club ......
Another year like the past 3 will be hard to attract more ‘good’ players if we are rolling out this structure and gamestyle.

Two key targets we get in the trade period and the answer is bombs away- same as when poor old Pav had to camp under it. Lower the eyes and hit up a lead - nah - Ballas Does as he has always done and goes for the goals - hungry- but now old, hungry and can’t get to a contest ????
Why persist when we need to blood the young small forwards. I like the drafting of Sturt but I reckon Bobby Hill would’ve been pretty handy going forward in this chaotic forward set up.

I am a critic of Ross for the past couple of years but I had hoped he would be able to turn it around ....... waiting until round 10 to make a educated judgement, but it doesn’t look good.

I hope Belly has the balls to make the call for the club should and when the time arises ...... we need to demand better than this.

electricfeel

Cancelled
Sep 21, 2008
AFL Club
Fremantle
Not looking good so far. What's unfortunate for me is how uninspiring this pre season feels to the point where I've just lost passion. Can't even be bothered being annoyed or emotional. Just meh.

M_rash

Club Legend
Jan 20, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
Not looking good so far. What's unfortunate for me is how uninspiring this pre season feels to the point where I've just lost passion. Can't even be bothered being annoyed or emotional. Just meh.
Can’t even be bothered melting very well either. Cmon e-feel... fire up!

Even our training watchers threw in the towel because they couldn’t stand trying to make up any glimmer of positivity for the masses.

We had it good for a couple of years but now it’s time to embrace the LOLZ once again. Don’t worry about being annoyed. Just be amused. It’s easier!

M_rash

Club Legend
Jan 20, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
Cox, Logue and Switta (Tabs finished game early with tightness) - All have suffered soft tissue injuries in JLT.

When will the S&C team come under appropriate scrutiny from the Football Department?
Didn’t you hear the presser. It is mother nature’s fault for being hot last week AND the AFL’s fault for only having a 6 day break.

Anywhere (that’s not too hot)
Anytime (with a minimum one week between games)

Poor S&C team. The world is against them

Galapagoose

Debutant
Jan 17, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
We have looked absolutely horrible this pre-season. The scoreboard has been our best friend, we should have lost by lots more.

I agree with what others have said about the new zones not helping us. Ross Lyon likes to smother the game, and we cant do that now. Expect some massive blow outs this year.

Can Hamling, Wilson, Ryan and Duman defend at all?

Logue's composure and skills against Collingwood tell me that he's not going to make it.

Drafting Colyer and Conca is a massive step back in this rebuild. Horrible list management.

Our forward line is slow and too tall with no system whatsover.

Why can't we string 3 possessions together. It blows my mind how we can have no system or structure to our ball movement.

Our skills have always been poor but we pick up Conca and Colyer. Is Colyer capable of picking up the ball below his knees?

We have the worst midfield in the league.

We have spent 3 years down the bottom and I don't see much light at the end of the tunnel. I hope we aren't the next Carlton/Melbourne.

I have never gone into a season with as little hope as this year. Hopefully SHill and Blakely are back soon and things change a little. That said I think SHill is cooked.

M_rash

Club Legend
Jan 20, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
We have looked absolutely horrible this pre-season. The scoreboard has been our best friend, we should have lost by lots more.

I agree with what others have said about the new zones not helping us. Ross Lyon likes to smother the game, and we cant do that now. Expect some massive blow outs this year.

Logue's composure and skills against Collingwood tell me that he's not going to make it.

Drafting Colyer and Conca is a massive step back in this rebuild. Horrible list management.

Why can't we string 3 possessions together. It blows my mind how we can have no system or structure to our ball movement.

Our skills have always been poor but we pick up Conca and Colyer. Is Colyer capable of picking up the ball below his knees?

We have spent 3 years down the bottom and I don't see much light at the end of the tunnel. I hope we aren't the next Carlton/Melbourne.

I have never gone into a season with as little hope as this year. Hopefully SHill and Blakely are back soon and things change a little. That said I think SHill is cooked.
I’m reporting this post. Too much sense and reason for The Melt Thread!

Aug 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle

Agree, this team has injuries but we are a cluster* right now. Peel getting annihilated and looking hopeless sucks as well.

Aug 22, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
I’m still trying to work out if our new game plan is to ;
A : bomb it long to a pack
Then if A fails
B : kick or hand pass it to space near a player

Our skills were sh*t and yes it is only JLT but you can’t unlearn that crap in a hurry

Reynolds Number

Cancelled
Apr 29, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Stoke City, Dortmund, San José, As
If that game yesterday was a preview of the season to come that overseas AFL subscription is going to be a waste of money.

Thankfully in the three months I have lived here I have literally seen like 3 other Australians and neither of them follow AFL.

Cesoir

Club Legend
Feb 11, 2019
Cairns
AFL Club
Fremantle
If that game yesterday was a preview of the season to come that overseas AFL subscription is going to be a waste of money.

Thankfully in the three months I have lived here I have literally seen like 3 other Australians and neither of them follow AFL.
You lucky bastard! I sat in amongst a nest of Eagles supporters yesterday and they we absolute w***ers. One bloke down the front yelled out "watch your jaw Docker" when Brayshaw went near the ball - all class...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back