No Oppo Supporters The Melt Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've stayed away from here and I've gone into bat for ross thus far but...
I know its only preseason but....
wtf is going on when after years of crying out for a quality key forward, we finally nab 2 in 1 go and now there's talk of using Hogan as a swingman in the midfield?
while all this is going on we an absolute gun midfielder in the making in Cerra and the talk is we are gunna play him off half back
Lyon has officially lost is as far as im concerned

and dont start me on the S & C crowd

I've stayed away from here and I've gone into bat for ross thus far but...
I know its only preseason but....
wtf is going on when after years of crying out for a quality key forward, we finally nab 2 in 1 go and now there's talk of using Hogan as a swingman in the midfield?
while all this is going on we an absolute gun midfielder in the making in Cerra and the talk is we are gunna play him off half back
Lyon has officially lost is as far as im concerned

and dont start me on the S & C crowd
I know it's hard to find any positives at the moment, but listening o the presser after the game it seems Hogan needed to get more miles into the legs, so was given a licence to roam into the midfield to get a kick if he wanted to - Pav used to do the same.

Cerra was used off half back, but also ran through the middle at times and went forward at times. Missed a simple shot at goal on the run, but we know he is all class so I wouldn't be too concerned. He will play in a number of spots and his midfield minutes will increase as his fitness does - we don't want to run him into the ground in only his second season.

I think the entire mood will pick up if we beat Norths convincingly, which I think is on the cards. Chin up!

I know it's hard to find any positives at the moment, but listening o the presser after the game it seems Hogan needed to get more miles into the legs, so was given a licence to roam into the midfield to get a kick if he wanted to - Pav used to do the same.

Cerra was used off half back, but also ran through the middle at times and went forward at times. Missed a simple shot at goal on the run, but we know he is all class so I wouldn't be too concerned. He will play in a number of spots and his midfield minutes will increase as his fitness does - we don't want to run him into the ground in only his second season.

I think the entire mood will pick up if we beat Norths convincingly, which I think is on the cards. Chin up!

If we can't have a Sack Ross thread because it's too negative don't come wandering into the Melt thread with this positivity stuff. ;)

After watching the game live and on telstra app im convinced the bomb it long to the hotspot tactic is only gonna work for about 5 mins and thats only if our 2 key talls arnt going for the same ball!

We finally get some well credentialled fwds and we bomb it on their heads. If our entries look like they did the last couple of weeks theres gonna b a brian lake gf like performance from the opposition every week.
Wheres the leads, creating space, blocking and fwd crumbing?
Our fwd structure is crap, unimaginative and one dimenential.
The effort based game plan, bomb it long strategy worked for one quarter against a quaility side. We can make all the excuses we want but our game plan sucks and lacks imagination.
I was looking forward to having a reasonable start to the year with the good early draw but im not so sure anymore.
Even with all our injuries and lack of midfield depth atm if we dont get some early wins ross will be in big trouble come the mid season break imo.
#Rant over.#

Last edited:
When people said Fyfe would be carrying Freo by himself this season I didn't realise it meant he was representing Freo on field all by himself.

He's done cooking our list, would someone put him out please?

weber-charcoal-bbqs.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think ross is feeling the pressure. His never been the guy to blame scheduling & injuries.
For a guy who talks so much about professionalism how the hell has he not sorted out the s and c department. Why dont ate team know how to kick the ball. Why is there never any organisation in the forward line.

“Freo to Win Premiership Before Heat Death of the Universe” announces bullish Lyon.

In a rare candid interview, Fremantle coach Ross Lyon let it known that he was fully confident that something called “Fremantle” would win something called a “premiership” before the universe reached its maximum entropic state, and became a cold, massless void. According to Lyon, it also depended somewhat on your definition of win, and that if you subscribed to the many worlds interpretation of quantum mechanics, it may have already happened.

“In another dimension, Nathan kicks those”, Lyon said, referring to the costly misses by current Fremantle captain Nathan Fyfe in the first quarter of the 2013 Grand Final. Lyon however refused to speculate on whether Hayden Ballantyne slipped over in all possible dimensions.

Last edited:
https://m.afl.com.au/news/2019-03-12/dockers-flag-just-a-matter-of-time-says-bullish-lyon

Ok. I love Freo to death but these statements are bullshit!

He needs to learn how to lift a club out of bottom 4 before he can call Freo a premiership team (in a matter of time).
Interesting that Mark Harvey was sacked after the Dockers won 9 games for the year and a percentage of 83.11%
At least for now Ross has the players ear, the players had no faith in Mark, and Scott won a GF.

https://m.afl.com.au/news/2019-03-12/dockers-flag-just-a-matter-of-time-says-bullish-lyon

Ok. I love Freo to death but these statements are bullshit!

He needs to learn how to lift a club out of bottom 4 before he can call Freo a premiership team (in a matter of time).

"Time" is so fricken relative and subjective.In the context of the creation of the universe, sure, we're probably pretty close; since the start of the VFL/AFL competition, not so much; since we've been in the competition, we could still be bloody eons away. What a stupid bloody thing for him to say. :mad: If "a premiership" equals another Top 5 pick - then for sure, we're right on top of another one.

Last edited:
Lyon said the re-contracting of veterans Aaron Sandilands and Hayden Ballantyne was a key to helping the club’s young players find their way.
“It was a list management decision, not my decision,” he said. “With Hayden, he’s 31, kicked four in his last game and is playing really good football. Our ball movement will really help him and I wouldn’t be surprised if he kicks 40 goals. It’s really important what (Luke) Hodge is doing at Brisbane.” - Article by Steve Butler in the Bunbury Herald.

FML

Got a gig anywhere you can in the media these days.
The competition is savage, and social media doesn't sleep!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back