Matthew Pavlich Medallist
May 26, 2003
South Freo
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SFFC, Aussie Women's Cricket, HNK
“Ballantyne kicked four in his game”.

The thing is that Rosich and Lyon actually contracted him the week before he kicked 4 goals. They contracted him the day before Freo got smashed by over 130pts and Ballantyne played one of his worst games ever.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
But but but look at Hodge at Brisbane...

Apr 25, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
wtf is going on when after years of crying out for a quality key forward, we finally nab 2 in 1 go and now there's talk of using Hogan as a swingman in the midfield?

I know it's part of a melt. No doubt, rhetorica, rather than wanting an answer.

But if Fyfe were to rest forward, someone moves elsewhere. If he doesn't swap with a tall, but robs the forward line of a small, we end up too big up forward while he's "resting".

Fyfster

Club Legend
Nov 6, 2017
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Claremont
It is not as stupid as west 1 suggests Fyfe started his career as a forward in his WAFL days at Claremont and averaged 3.3 goals a game and just a smidge under 8 marks a game.So could this work Fyfe and Hogan share some midfield duties and Fyfe could spend some time forward while Hogan assumes the big bodied forward role.

westy1

Club Legend
Aug 26, 2006
denmark
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
east freo
I know it's part of a melt. No doubt, rhetorica, rather than wanting an answer.

But if Fyfe were to rest forward, someone moves elsewhere. If he doesn't swap with a tall, but robs the forward line of a small, we end up too big up forward while he's "resting".
cerra?

blue shark

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2009
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Nah, just a couple of personnel tweaks and we’ll be right in it.
Well we have supposedly the best training facility in the land, besides Ross who is another coach in waiting, high profile
assistant?
Thank God we have the service of Bell now, pretty sure he will be gleaning as much info as possible of Simpson.
Doesn't hurt that he has actually won a premiership, overcome adversity.
I will put my faith in him, more than the coach spruiking about future success, constant injury issues and pensioners
turning back the clock.

StingBitten

The Midland Steal
May 31, 2012
Bayswater
AFL Club
Fremantle
Heard Anthony Rock on ABC this morning - dude sounds like the 'Old Spice' has seeped through his neck to his vocal cords.

Might be a decent midfield coach for all I know, but he sounds like he'd tell you off for listening to that new Bon Scott band mix bagpipes with electric guitars.

Surely there's a need for some relatability with the third youngest team in the comp?

jedi mind tricks

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 13, 2011
Dream State
AFL Club
Fremantle
Heard Anthony Rock on ABC this morning - dude sounds like the 'Old Spice' has seeped through his neck to his vocal cords.

Might be a decent midfield coach for all I know, but he sounds like he'd tell you off for listening to that new Bon Scott band mix bagpipes with electric guitars.

Surely there's a need for some relatability with the third youngest team in the comp?

Yep agreed

Funny enough I bumped into one if my mates at the beach today and he said a similar thing when he heard him on the radio this morn.

freoextra

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 2, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Football Club

He is the only one on the assistant coaching panel that has coached in his own right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back