Autopsy The Meltdown thread (Autopsy vs Geelong)

Remove this Banner Ad

The umpiring was ok, apart from the 5 minutes where Ziebell was robbed of a goal then Hawkins was gifted one from a non mark.

That completely shifted the momentum and took the wind out of our sails.

Even if Ziebs had been paid the free they still would have won, but it would have been a very different game.

The umpiring was ok, apart from the 5 minutes where Ziebell was robbed of a goal then Hawkins was gifted one from a non mark.

18 points in the wet.

Geelong then drops a bloke back & plays keepings off, whilst picking off our risk taking to get back in to the game. They get one or two and then go in to globetrotter mode with all the confidence that a stacked deck provides.

18 points in the wet.

Geelong then drops a bloke back & plays keepings off, whilst picking off our risk taking to get back in to the game. They get one or two and then go in to globetrotter mode with all the confidence that a stacked deck provides.

Geelong always drop at least one back, it wasn't just after those goals. Every time in the 1st half when the ball went to Brown, he had Taylor on his tail and Stewart right in front of him. In the end half the ball never even got to Brown.

We have a limited playing list with so many holes and imbalances. Tonight we tried defence first footy but lacked the class to take chances when going forward with our passages of play.

We need to hit the draft and strike some gold. Every side picks from the same pool of players and for a club like us we need to nail everyone of our picks. We would kill for a midfield like the Bulldogs.

Forget about free agents and paying big money. Hit the draft and trade in players who only want to come and play for us.

Sent from my CPH1607 using Tapatalk

Agree.. we have such a plain Jane vanilla type of list
Lacks class, lacks X factor, lacks pace
Rhyce needs to overhaul the midfield and trade away some players who’ve reached their ceiling

The umpiring criticisms are warranted, for the first half at least. Ziebell not being payed a free 15 metres out, only to have Hawkins, 1 minute later, payed a dropped mark is always going to hurt. The free kick count doesn’t always tell a story. Actually watch how the game is umpired.

No doubt, both poor decisions, but the Goldstein free was as soft as they come. There were plenty of calls that went against Geelong, and North clearly got more soft frees.

I was just surprised by the response on here.

The issue I have is that it gave Geelong totally ascendancy in the contest.

We were smashed after half time and didn’t deserve to be in the contest. But FFS the Razor non call was bordering on blatant cheating, not the first time the little gimp has umpired to the home crowd and paying the mark is nothing more that a guess by an umpire.

These blokes shouldn’t be guessing. If they don’t see it, it’s play on.

No doubt, both poor decisions, but the Goldstein free was as soft as they come. There were plenty of calls that went against Geelong, and North clearly got more soft frees.

The Goldstein one was a consolation for the missed Brown free.

Ricky, I get the feeling that you were also surprised when after five years in primary school you found out there was a Grade Two.

Nobody cares what you think here.

Ricky - the commentators were speaking at length in the second quarter about the series of appaling decisions that cost North goals and gifted Geelong goals.

Now, given my tax dollars fund not only your team's existence, but you personally, be a good boy and fu** off like I told you the first time.

And enjoy your straight sets exit.

How fo they fund me personally? You’ve clearly never seen Major League, as I’m funded by Rachel Phelps, even if she wants me to lose.

Goldstein was grabbed you twat, are you blind or mentally challenged?

Poor decisions? They were a ******* disgrace. I challenge you to name one other call on the ground that was even close to the sheer incompetence of both of those calls?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How was Ablett's constant appealing to the umpires tonight?

He's just embarrassing himself now. Geelong should do the right thing and retire him immediately.

He's just embarrassing himself now. Geelong should do the right thing and retire him immediately.
A good umpire would tell the little flog to * off and worry about playing football instead of appealing for free kicks at every contest.

Razor need to be held to account for his blatant home town umpiring. This little campaigner is more interested in getting applause from the crowd than umpiring the game.

A good umpire would tell the little flog to fu** off and worry about playing football instead of appealing for free kicks at every contest.

Razor need to be held to account for his blatant home town umpiring. This little campaigner is more interested in getting applause from the crowd than umpiring the game.

He almost breaks in to tears when he looks at them!

Never thought I’d see just 1 ******* goal kicked by North though. Pathetic..

How was the umpire asking "You ok Gaz?"

Hodgey got that right - "Gotta look after Gaz".

Those blaming Shaw are morons. You change a game plan in the off-season, but can tweak during the season proper.

What killed us was momentum (due to umpiring howlers) but more importantly, our deplorable skills. The amount of times we hit them lace out, either from direct kicks or from rushed hacks forward was astonishing.

Can't blame the coach for stupid, panicked players
Well said. Mental frustration set the tone for the game Poor decision making and below average skills made it worse. Our defence was again under fire and Taz, Thommo, Marley and Pittard stood out. Our midfield and forwards were M.I.A. Why o Why do we never have a player At the ball drop in a contested mark, why do we bomb the ball aimlessly time and time again, why do we go to statue mode off the ball. All things that need working on. Problem at the moment is the lack of options for change due to injuries. Roll on 2020, hopefully we'll start with a fully healthy and fit squad all pushing to make the 22 and stay in it.
Kudos to Thommo, he's a bloody warrior and is going to be missed.

It’s been hard to forgive Rugby Australia for killing The Force, and in fact I haven’t and it affected how much I watch Super Rugby. But I will always love the Wallabies and tonight was brilliant.

I still couldn't give a * about it, but my sister in NZ is happy. She's a weird one, she still supports the Aussies in rugby but barracks for the Black Caps.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back