Autopsy The Meltdown thread (Autopsy vs Geelong)

I said a few times in the game thread - I cannot believe how many times Pussies complain to the umps and demand frees. Was out of control last night. Not even the NRL would allow that much constant disputing before they called the captain in and said enough is enough.Absolute professional whingers. It is obviously a tactic coz it never stopped.

We got killed at ground level in our forward 50. Often had Brown and Larkey flying with no support. Still crying out for 1 or 2 genuine goalsneaks.
I hope Brady brings a few crumbers with him from West Coast. They have a plethora of small forwards.

Last edited:

zoomba23

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 17, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Easy to get caught up in the shithouse score, but tbh I'm not that fussed about it. We've played crash bang footy for a prolonged period now, and that's really taken its toll. It's pretty clear we're out of gas, the boys are just hanging out for season's end, and I can't say I blame them.

Then there's the s**t sandwich of a fixture with 3 away trips in 4 weeks to play 3 of the best mobs in the comp. The last of those at the cheat ground against the top team, with a cameo appearance from Razor. No, he didn't determine the result, we bloody well deserved what we got, but that Ziebell noncall and Hawkins' 'mark' certainly didn't bloody help us. Neither did the freak weather.

No gameplan or direction either. Whenever we got it we'd just bomb it forward, and they were perfectly set up to outnumber us and send the pill right back into their 50. Not gonna win games of footy with that kind of s**t.

Midfield needs to be reassessed, sloths like Dumont, Ahern, Anderson can't all be in the same team. Those blokes would struggle to beat Sarah ******* Perkins in a sprint. Polec is as soft as a prick after a cold shower, Simpkin's all show and no substance, skip's kicking the thing like he's copped a bribe. Come to think of it, the whole midfield apart from Cunners could use a kick up the ass. Trusting Shawry and the coaching staff to administer it to those who need it in due course.

Bring on 2020

GeordieRoo

Premiership Player
Dec 17, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Newcastle United
I said a few times in the game thread - I cannot believe how many times Pussies complain to the umps and demand frees. Was out of control last night. Not even the NRL would allow that much constant disputing before they called the captain in and said enough is enough.Absolute professional whingers. It is obviously a tactic coz it never stopped.

This is the story of the Cats since the last flag. They win all their games at home and because of this 120 minute whinge fest every week they get all the help they need to win the close ones and finish Top 4. Then when it’s an actual contest in the finals they meekly fade off to the side. Will happen again this year.

A structure that yields 14 points is not one I'm fond of.
Agree. However, the conditions this weekend in Melbourne and Canberra have been woeful. Look at the GWS score against a team we gave a four goal start too and beat comfortably. Geelong don't let much in at GMHBA on the best of days. The sight of Atley shivering on the sideline said it all.

Agree. However, the conditions this weekend in Melbourne and Canberra have been woeful. Look at the GWS score against a team we gave a four goal start too and beat comfortably. Geelong don't let much in at GMHBA on the best of days. The sight of Atley shivering on the sideline said it all.

There's definitely a theme through the round, agree.

GWS were woeful. Hawthorn have undone them handily twice this season. I think our win last weekend was super good given Hawthorn's win this weekend.

Phil Davis was interviewed on SEN and said something like "the Hawks beat us in kicking-down-the-line football". I don't 100% know what that is and I wish they asked him but if you're getting done on a very basic element of your game plan then you should change. Rhyce is also a kick-down-the-line coach so I hope we're not as locked in to playing one particularly style of football the way GWS are.

A team choc-full of inside mids keeps getting smashed at clearances and contested footy. Please explain.
Good question, and all while having the services of a Ruckman who at worst breaks even, usually wins comfortably, and occasionally completely dominates the hitout statistic. A complete change of assistant coaches that handle midfield, stoppage/clearance, and Ruck should be high on Rhyce's to do list. We are nowhere near using available assets wisely.

Jul 27, 2006
adelaide
AFL Club
North Melbourne
A team choc-full of inside mids keeps getting smashed at clearances and contested footy. Please explain.

Because we routinely play blokes who are ball hunters rather than a mix that can actually defend on the outside of a stoppage at the same time.

Need more two way defensive style mids

Egga

Cancelled
North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2016 Daw & Anderson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2015 Daw & MacMillan Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2014 Daw, Black, Gibson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Nov 10, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The Shinboner Spirit is not optional. Don’t insult my intelligence spruiking horsesh!t about culture unless you’re willing to drop players when they don’t meet the behavioural requirements of that culture. Wholesale slaughter at selection table this week or GTFO with your shinboner bullish!t.

Time to show what you stand for Rhyce.

shimaburnsgrieg

Premiership Player
Apr 1, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The Shinboner Spirit is not optional. Don’t insult my intelligence spruiking horsesh!t about culture unless you’re willing to drop players when they don’t meet the behavioural requirements of that culture. Wholesale slaughter at selection table this week or GTFO with your shinboner bullish!t.

Time to show what you stand for Rhyce.
A response from Rhys is a must this week (even with little to bring up from the 2's he just has to be seen to be concerned about the loss.)

If he is prepared to 'forget about it - its a once off' then we are in huge trouble going forward.

We have lost 4 out of the last 5 and been smashed in 2 of those games. The one win came from an emotional boost of the 150th.

Things have gone pear shaped quickly and a line in the sand is required.

Last edited:

Dirty_11

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 28, 2014
Beneath the Blue & White
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Shinboners
It really pisses me off that of all the Victorian teams Geelong is the only one with a home ground. I know It will never happen but Arden street should be developed to play home games . Every club deserves a proper home ground advantage. Playing that s**t narrow ground is like kick to kick in a side street. The afl have made this competition so in fair just to suit a few teams .
The comp is borderline rigged such are the advantages forwarded to certain clubs.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Simpkin stats can get f’ed because Higgins has been in for the last few
20190811_201639.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20190811_201556.jpg
    IMG_20190811_201556.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_20190811_201554.jpg
    IMG_20190811_201554.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_20190811_201600.jpg
    IMG_20190811_201600.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:

Rad Roo

Premiership Player
Aug 2, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
With all the hyperbole in a meltdown thread, the solution to the fundamental problem of our list is not going to be solved with sacking player xyz or recruit abc but by changing the players around. We got the tools at the disposal but just not using them properly.

Put this to the bank and i don't say this light. We will suddenly rocket to premiership contention by changing the positions of a few players. Get Zurhaar and Garner to play midfield, their attack on ball and explosiveness is exactly what we lack. Of course it's a no brainer with the transitioning of LDU and Thomas into the mid. Get higgins to be permanent forward for his finishing power. And for goodness sake, get atley to start at the centre square. We haven't changed too many players just re-position them.

I say with confidence that this is the way forward. I am not kidding you that i would say that i came up with the Majak Daw to defense in 2014, i even emailed the club in 2014 and got a standard reply from this reception girl called Sarah (she had blonde hair as i've actually run into her once when i visited Arden st with a mate). The standard reply went along the line of 'we will do everything necessary to further the interest of NMFC on and off the field'.

So moving forward, our midfield will immediately be more vibrant if we can get the likes of atley, zurhaar, garner running through it, of course bonus would be aaron hall getting back to fitness and you add simpkin as something different. Higgin to permanent forward with Ziebell at FF with BB leading out. Wood a HF flank is a decent choice. Larkey to play part-time ruck. As good as cunnington is, i don't find him to be very useful if not down right a liability when the ball is in the hand of the opp. The likes of Dumont and Polec are excellent support caes, Anderson will be a very useful spearhead in the mid as he is more nimble and nippy.

I couldn’t watch the game last night. Should I watch the highlights, or just all our goals?

Might as well watch both, three are only 3 in total.

Back