The Memphis Grizzlies thread - insert Guns N’ Roses meme

Remove this Banner Ad

This thread might just end up being my echo chamber.

Glad we pulled back that second game. We tended to talk the talk a bit so to lose like that in game one and be openly mocked by the opposition would have hurt a guy like Ja who has a real chip on the shoulder mentality.

Important we continue on right now though, I think we blew expectations out of the water with getting second seed, but that’s extra pressure to now not bow out.

Think we have most of those lower teams for depth. We still get good production from second unit guys like Tyus Jones, De’Anthony Melton and Brandon Clarke. Xavier Tillman and Ziaire Williams can be streaky but Ziaire in particular started a lot this season.

Need Ja to keep turning up big with contributions from Bane and Jackson Jr.

In the cold light after yesterday’s effort:

That was a big result. Wolves actually had the wood on us generally during the season. Not sure what the series ended up but I remember we won a close one (Kat hit a crazy three during and celebrated like it was the game winner) but think they accounted for us easy in other games.

We played terribly in parts yesterday. There’s no way teams should start like the wolves did. When you’ve got a scrub like Beverley pushing at you and scoring well that’s a problem.

Big ups to Brandon Clarke. Coming into this year I thought he was dropping down the pecking order but he comes up big time and time again.

Des also gets slept on a bit. He’s not flashy, he’s not high profile. But he can flat out score which is exactly what we need playing off Ja. Before it was Morant, Brooks or bust - and with Dillon Bricks it was often bust - now we spread much better.

Worked well didn’t it?
Shame he missed the first two and was not played until garbage time in the third.

I can understand why he didn't play against KAT but (without a bad matchup for him) the offence runs so much better and the defence is probably better as it unlocks Jaren to play help defence.

Yeah time to reflect on a great season. Second in the west, great playoff series win, came up short minus ja against Steph and klay.

We took the next step on last season. Now to tweak and come back better again

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wild draft for us.

I am still confused by what our final roster will look like. So many players that you would love to hold onto.

Going to miss Melton.

ManOfClay well I expected us to drop games considering that we are missing 5 rotation players from last year.

Turns out Ja has gone next level and Konchar and Aldama were able to make the leap.

Really excited to see what this squad can do at full strength.

ManOfClay well I expected us to drop games considering that we are missing 5 rotation players from last year.

Turns out Ja has gone next level and Konchar and Aldama were able to make the leap.

Really excited to see what this squad can do at full strength.

Looking tired today

Like Kennard’s addition.

30 points all from deep and only missing one is nuts
For a team that has been a below average shooting team, it is a huge move.

Teams love to pack the paint against the Grizzlies. They can't when Bane and Kennard are on the court.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back