List Mgmt. The Midfield Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Zaka might be a little left field but he was very good this year and passes the no dickhead test by being smart enough to turn down the drugs. Stick him on the wing/hff and he could be top shelf I think.

Wasn't word on the street that he nixed being part of the program because he was scared of needles?

I will be expecting significant improvement next year from Acres and Billings. At this stage of their careers, the time has come.

I will be expecting incremental improvement from Dunstan, Ross, Newnes, Sinclair and Gresham.

My smokies to really take a big leap are Steele and Minchington. Steele is obvious, very talented, very impressive NEAFL stats, good apprenticeship. Minchington is more radical. But I think that he has so many of the necessary tools to become a very good midfielder — clean ball use, contested ability, footy smarts — and the continuity he got in his game this year, which is the first time it has happened in his career, should propel him into a monster preseason (injury free and full of confidence) to build the tank that will allow him to really make his mark on a game. Fingers crossed, but I have a good feeling about Meatball in 2017.

I will be expecting significant improvement next year from Acres and Billings. At this stage of their careers, the time has come.

I will be expecting incremental improvement from Dunstan, Ross, Newnes, Sinclair and Gresham.

My smokies to really take a big leap are Steele and Minchington. Steele is obvious, very talented, very impressive NEAFL stats, good apprenticeship. Minchington is more radical. But I think that he has so many of the necessary tools to become a very good midfielder — clean ball use, contested ability, footy smarts — and the continuity he got in his game this year, which is the first time it has happened in his career, should propel him into a monster preseason (injury free and full of confidence) to build the tank that will allow him to really make his mark on a game. Fingers crossed, but I have a good feeling about Meatball in 2017.

Dunstan has been on the list three seaons and has made very little improvement on his first

Wasn't word on the street that he nixed being part of the program because he was scared of needles?

I heard them saying on SEN that that was bullshit. It might have been Waldren said that was made up so that he didn't hang his team mates out to dry.

Dunstan has been on the list three seaons and has made very little improvement on his first

That's true but he's also not a bad player, right now he's middling but there is scope for him to jump up and become a very good midfielder but he's probably at the cross roads next year with at the new guys coming in and pressure for his spot increasing. I hope he does because he seems like a good bloke Luke.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back