Why no midfield crowz?
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2009
Yes
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
No
Early GD thread with not much fanfare in honour of the fact we are playing the worst team in the comp at home and this should be a workmanlike annihilation.

Probably the most interesting aspects of this game will be one of:

1. How will short back and sides Gibbs perform against the corrupt organisation that held back his career for so many years and then tried to hold on to him to the bitter end after feeding him false promises to deny him any chance of happiness?,

2. Can we annihilate them enough to get that grinning jockey sacked?, and

3. Will Eddie finally pull his finger out after an extended rest?

Eddie finding form is the key for mine. He will be the difference between us being dominant and finishing in the port power range of 5th to 8th.

We also need percentage. This year percentage could definitely be the difference between home finals and not.

This should be a percentage fest.

However, our captain and VC are being rested. Still, this should be a turkey shoot.

Personally I feel Fog's large balls will distract everyone from their absence.

Let's not go too hard on them though. They will likely have pick 1 and draft SA prodigy KPF Jack Lukosius. So let's keep them on decent terms for when we have to trade for him in 2 years.

1 of two scenarios.
A. We come out completely not switched on and trail after first quarter. Kick into gear somewhat grind out an ugly win.
B. Come to win look like we’re going to hand them a 100 point spanking but faff around and win by 40/50.

Crows by 41.

Don't really care about the margin as much as I want to see:
1. Solid 4 quarter effort
2. No more friggin injuries! (at least for a few rounds)

Ins: Fog, Kelly, Betts
Outs: Knights (managed), Walker (managed), Polhoke (omitted)

Looking forward to see more of Fog and Betts in his return. On talent alone, we should be giving the Blues a massacre. Though missing Tex and Sloane should not be understated for the lack of onfield leaders.

Crows by 44 points

Don't really care about the margin as much as I want to see:
1. Solid 4 quarter effort
2. No more friggin injuries! (at least for a few rounds)

Ins: Fog, Kelly, Betts
Outs: Knights (managed), Walker (managed), Polhoke (omitted)

Looking forward to see more of Fog and Betts in his return. On talent alone, we should be giving the Blues a massacre. Though missing Tex and Sloane should not be understated for the lack of onfield leaders.

Crows by 44 points

Same. I would be happy with a 5-6 goal win, if Betts and Fog kick some goals and are mids do well. Bigger fish to fry next week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not focused on the margin I just want us to get some strong form under our belt before next weeks Showdown

- Betts finding his mojo and playing more at ground level and developing some synergy with Gallucci
- Shooter getting his one touch back and finishing his work in front of goal
- JJ hitting backs and contests with aggression
- Midfield dominate from the 1st to last bounce
- Milera build in his form across HB
- Agressive ball movement
- Manic pressure

Hmmm, 2 Game Day threads... things are looking up :)

Win by a lot, no injuries, no rain. Eddie to shine.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back