The Mighty Claremont Tigers

Remove this Banner Ad

have it on authority that Mark Seaby (working close to claremont) will be playing this year for us with Allistar Gillespie and Rucky moving elsewhere, maybe the club is going for short term success instead of long'?

The first Practice game is out the way and 2013 and the march to a Hat trick is about to start.

Just wondering if someone who knows s**t more about the club then myself can post what the believe our best 22 is in the league this year.

Thanks

Here is my attempt at a best 22.. couldnt find someone to complete the back 6, but here it is:

Holt Thomson Laurie
Browne Crawford ______
Schammer Foster Neates
Medhurst Handley I.Richardson
Nisbett C.Jones J.Bradshaw

Seaby J.Murphy Blackwell

Interchange: Andrews/Ruck Sibosado S.Taylor R.Cronin

Next in line:
Blokes like Hamp, Yu

Dearest Claremont Tigers. You were absolute crap yesterday.
In future, please save your crap days for when I'm not there.

First time I've gone down to watch a game all year and you lose to second last placed Subi.....

To Subi's credit they went hard all day and played pressure/desperate footy. Well done.

Have heard on the grapevine Jackson Starcevich (craig starcevich's son) is moving over west to claremont next year? can anyone validate this for me

A step in the right direction for Claremont in appointing Michael Broadbridge as head Coach.

You being sarcastic Ted ?!!!!!.

He didn't really inspire many people during his stints at the Dockers & Eagles.

Might be a case of who you know, rather than what you know.

I'm being serious, he will do a very good job at Claremont. I believe that he has been appointed purely on his ability to do the job supported by his background and experience and not on what you are alluding to.

I'm being serious, he will do a very good job at Claremont. I believe that he has been appointed purely on his ability to do the job supported by his background and experience and not on what you are alluding to.

Ok, just remember that if he has success, it is due to his Black Ducks playing days, if he fails ........... well it's due to him having a Gummies background !!!.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Broadbridge appointment is somewhat of a gamble in my eyes. I'll be interested to see how he handles a football club that is heading into a transition phase with many of the experienced older boys hanging up the boots.

Bit of an update for those Tiger fans who don't live in WA and / or get the local rag and hear the "gossip".

We go into season 2014 with having lost a wealth of experience.

Brown, Jones , Crawford, Foster and Medhurst have all retired.

Andrews and Thompson are taking a year off to travel.

I may well have missed a few others.

McGovern, McGinnity , Barrass and Powell have all been hijacked by the East Perth Eagles. :mad:

So our "exit" list is not a pretty read and in particular our big man / KPP stocks have taken a serious hit. :(

Having lost the above we have managed to pick up the following players.

Tom Ledger returns to Claremont after a brief stint at St Kilda.
Matt Orzel returns after a one year stint with the Pell Thunder ....now known as the Pell Dockers.

Cant tell you much about these three inclusions ...... never the less here they are.

Alex Elisseou joins us from West Perth.
Bernard Sneeuwjagt joins us from Perth.
Corey Yeo ( Eagles Elliot Yeo's brother ) also joins us from Perth.

I was told that the Club acknowledges that we have lost a heap of talent and experience ,but they have resisted the temptation to embark on a major recruiting program ; rather they will focus and concentrate on replenishing the senior side from the talent from with in , mainly the 2013 Colts Premiership side.

Apparently this was a major platform of Broadridge's presentation for the senior coaching job.
We passed up the opportunity to recruit Andrew Krackour ( his management approached us ) but we declined as we are concentrating on our own youth.

At this point in time I am undecided as to the wisdom of the Broadridge appointment. Sure his volume of experience is rather impressive ....however I think my thoughts are scared by the Skills Coach job he did at West Coast.....o_O However his work at the state 18's and Colts level have serious merit.
Having said that I am happy to give him the benefit of the doubt and I will back him in mainly because I have faith in the Committee that appointed him.

Go Tigers.

Who is the red head boy that has been training with the colts and seniors. Fair lump of a lad apparently from NSW, do we know more?

I cant see us being contenders truth be told.. and will be presently surprised if we make the top 4. However developing the colts/ressies is the way to go for sure given the strength of our production line over the years. Going to be an interesting season, first time in a while ill be turning up not knowing if a victory awaits :cool:

I know Jayden Brooks and Micky Trevenen from the Ongerup Football Association have been training with the senior side. Trevenen may struggle to get a league game, but Brooks is the State Country ruckman who will probably play as a tall forward. Hopefully will get a league game as his age counts against him.

Are Tom Ledger and Matt Orzel really back in Tigers colors?? They will be a huge help after all the experience we've lost from last season. There is still a lot of talent at Claremont.

Are Tom Ledger and Matt Orzel really back in Tigers colors?? They will be a huge help after all the experience we've lost from last season. There is still a lot of talent at Claremont.

Yep they both are and also Andrew Foster has reconsidered retirement and decided to go around again this year.

Who is the red head boy that has been training with the colts and seniors. Fair lump of a lad apparently from NSW, do we know more?

Was good on the weekend.

But not as good as #14. Who was both highly skilled and freakishly powerful.

The 2014 season could be a good one, we have a pretty good list. East Perth and Peel are nothing but cheats they way it all unfolded with them getting all the afl listed players. I think it'll come unstuck a bit this season. It might work down the track, but the players will have to get used to the team changing week to week. Tigers for the premiership!!! To make up for last year.

Was good on the weekend.

But not as good as #14. Who was both highly skilled and freakishly powerful.
A mate from the east sent me this link on the NSW kid , Barty played u18's and 1sts for Pennant Hills , check out GF U18 video, handy pick up if keeps improving in the west

Remove this Banner Ad

Back